All The Way With L.B.J. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
In 1965 LBJ signed into law the Medicare law to help old folks deal with declining health. Can you in your wildest imagination see today's current crop of Republicans giving a shit for the health of America's senior citizens and putting their money where their mouths are? Nope …. 100% inconceivable. Go drop dead pop. We would rather swing another few bucks to the billionaire ruling class.

At 74 I am definitely a senior citizen and I am dealing with some health care issues that would have either put me six feet under or bankrupted me had it not been for LBJ and the Democrats. LBJ had more than his share of mistakes and imperfections but, unlike his Republican counterparts, he had a heart. I thank the man every day.
At 74 I am definitely a senior citizen and I am dealing with some health care issues that would have either put me six feet under or bankrupted me had it not been for LBJ and the Democrats. LBJ had more than his share of mistakes and imperfections but, unlike his Republican counterparts, he had a heart. I thank the man every day.

Young people sometimes have healthcare issues, too. Pregnancies, accidents, inherited disorders can have the same effects: bankrupcies . But in addition, losing their house or having to take what they could save for their kids college education can be very stressful, potentially adding to their health issues.
By jimjam
Beren wrote:He could have been a great president without the Vietnam War, but America had to pay the price for Medicare.

It could have been worse. It has recently been reported that America's third rate commander, Westmoreland, wanted to introduce nukes into the Vietnam war bur LBJ said no way. But, yes, Vietnam was a tragedy based upon lies that resulted in 58,220 dead Americans and countless dead Vietnamese (we don't count them because they are "yellow").

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]