Education alienating one from their community - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Have you had any experience or been witness to the sort of alienation from a community that is said to occur when an individual reaches levels of education uncommon to their milieu?
This seems like it could apply both to the person who goes into higher education as an exception to their family and friends or the person who comes from family and friends with an educated background but doesn't pursue a similiar education.
https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/works/projects-context.htm
He [Michael Cole]also reflected that in Liberia: “As often as not the most visible consequence of schooling was alienation of the young from their parents and from the community’s traditional forms of economic life.” This story, of educated children becoming alienated from their parents and their hometown community, has been repeated countless times. Hardly surprising then that schools which try to offer an escape from the plight of the illiterate, soon fall prey to alienation from the community themselves, as well as the bureaucracy.

A further conclusion follows from these findings: the very idea that education is something that can be delivered to an individual is mistaken. An individual is a product and integral part of a certain community and its indigenous culture, and attempts to ‘educate’ an individual in a culture where such practices are not indigenous, amount to kidnapping them, even if with good intentions.

I'm trying to reflect on this some in regards to myself as possibly the first person to have gone to university. I only have distant cousins of mine pursued degrees at university although they're yet to get them. And in my immediate family they dropped out of high school, got jobs and got practical training along side their paid work.
And when I try to think of my parents backgrounds, my father came from extreme poverty for an Australian family with a single mother household with 3 older siblings. Whilst my mother came from a more well to do background where her father owned a trucking company until he went bankrupt when she was still in primary school, but doesn't seem to have experience the deprivation of poverty as my father.
They had to work from an early age and for many years to acquire a stable and reasonable quality of life for which I seem to have benefited the most in not having to work out of necessity at a young age and had the option to pursue more of an education.
Even in my previous peer group was a mix of people who worked in retail/hospitality, tradesman and university students.
I married a woman who is more educated than myself with a master's degree.
Education seems an interesting proxy to other things and wondering what it can determine in regards to the continuity and quality of relationships.

I'm not confused. You're just making nonsense up.[…]

It is not a lie to say IAW has been allowed to go[…]

World War II Day by Day

Hitler didn't have a blitzkrieg strategy. Why do […]

As Democritus said, “All that exists is the atom […]