What happens if a child doesn't go to school in America? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ok this is just an offhand question that I'm really curious about.

I was reading some facts about North Korea and how bad life is for people there. There are many obligatory and nonconsensual duties that people have to do in that country. But one of the facts they said really made me think. They say "Children are forced to learn English in school", as if mandatory education is a bad thing...I thought it was really interesting they used the word "force", because here in America we are obligated to send our kids to school also.

Would it be correct to say that it's morally wrong to "force" a child to get educated? And what happens if parents choose not to send their child to school? I just never thought about it and I was just really curious what happens in that situation.

Is education a mandatory law in America and is it immoral to "force" a child into an education? Because if it's not, then it makes much of the mandatory duties that North Koreans not look so bad.

Does that make sense?
In all societies there are two choices either conventional school attendance or home-schooling by a competent teacher instead.

Normally if there is a serious wagging or absence problem, the Education Department will contact the parents/guardian to complain & threaten to take them to court, etc, because education is obligatory until the school leaving age of your country/state.

Things that never happened. Read the hist[…]

what´ll Dugin (and his hyper - imperialistic cre[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so now do you understand why Argentina wants to […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If the actual claims are being ignored and we are […]