China's Wuhan shuts down transport as global alarm mounts over virus spread - Page 134 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15093718
This has to do with Hydroxychloroquine, and not Trump. Your emotional argument isn't really much of an argument, and you're not providing source to dispute anything I had posted, thus far, @Ter. if anyone's buying into propaganda, it's you.

HCQ, to abbreviate it, isn't toxic, but it does have some problematic side effects. It is a medication, and not a preventative, or a vitamin pill meant to keep away diseases.
#15093723
Godstud wrote: Your emotional argument isn't really much of an argument, and you're not providing source to dispute anything I had posted, thus far, @Ter.


You posted remasticated propaganda from a super biased news medium.
If you had taken the few minutes to hear what a scientist had to say about the "study" that was sensationally published in said shit rag, you would know that the study even mentioned that the relationship between patients dying and HCQ should not be inferred. You would know that the "study" did not differentiate in the timing of giving the medicine, that the "study" did not take into account the presence of Zinc, which is purportedly a vital ingredient of the therapy. And so on.

Anyway, I invite the members of Pofo to listen to the Peak Prosperity video and to inform themselves about HCQ.

It is you who are emotional about this matter. I don't give a shit if you believe it or not, if you would take that medicine or not. You just want Trump to come out badly from this, and I don't care about what Trump said.
That is the difference between us.
#15093725
Ter wrote:You just want Trump to come out badly from this, and I don't care about what Trump said.
Evidently, you do care. You're projecting. I haven't been talking about Trump. I've been talking about the medication, a study, and medical professionals.

Please quote my last couple posts and point out where I, personally, have discussed Trump, please. I have been talking about HCQ, and how it isn't a medication for Covid-19.
#15093727
It is blatantly obvious that you, as has late, triumphantly reported the dangers and ineffectiveness from HCQ. The only reason to do that was to howl in the wind with the other anti-Trumpers. As has been obvious of your posting the last couple of months at least. But keep on denying it, by all means.

I personally don't give a hoot about what President Trump believes or not.
The working of HCQ has become a politicised matter.
To me, it is not a political matter.
I am only interested in the science of it, not what a biased newspaper with an agenda prints.
#15093729
You are choosing to ignore a scientific study, because you don't like the politics involved. That makes it very much a political matter.

My view on it, is irrelevant. What I've said in the past is also irrelevant, as we aren't dealing with my opinion on this, but the facts. Stick with the present arguments.
#15093730
Godstud wrote:You are choosing to ignore a scientific study, because you don't like the politics involved. That makes it very much a political matter.

My view on it, is irrelevant. What I've said in the past is also irrelevant, as we aren't dealing with my opinion on this, but the facts. Stick with the present arguments.


You are refusing to see the limitations of the retrospective study.
Like at the end of the study the authors themselves state that the deaths recorded can not be inferred on the use of HCQ. And so on. But you do not want to know that, it does not conform to your narrative.

You are refusing to get your information from anywhere except for the anti-Trump rag owned by Bezos.
What you have said in the past is definitely relevant, you are one of the most militant anti-Trump posters on this board.

By the way, show me where I have participated in a Trump-related thread. You can't because I haven't.

Now, by all means, you can believe the propaganda of your anti Trump rag and do not under any circumstances use HCQ as a prophylaxis or a curative against COVID-19.

I will act differently and alert open-minded members of pofo on the available information of, among others, Peak Prosperity.
#15093731
Ter wrote:You are refusing to see the limitations of the retrospective study.
You are failing to make a counter-argument.

Ter wrote:I will act differently and alert open-minded members of pofo on the available information of, among others, Peak Prosperity.
So you're perfectly OK with propaganda that supports what you want to believe. OK...

You're fine believing one man's opinion, and a man who isn't even a scientist or doctor, but a video host, and writer of investment books. :roll:
#15093734
Godstud wrote:So you're perfectly OK with propaganda that supports what you want to believe. OK...

You're fine believing one man's opinion, and a man who isn't even a scientist or doctor, but a video host, and writer of investment books.


Instead of once again demonstrating your ignorance, you could easily have found out that Dr Chris Matheson is a PhD in pathology, that he has no political interests and that he is very often correct in his conclusions, months before the mainstream.

You on the other hand chose to believe the biased utterings of a non-scientific reporter working for an anti Trump newspaper. OK so be it. Believe what you want.

:D
#15093738
You have still, as of yet, provided no evidence that the study was wrong.

Yes, I don't simply take one man's opinion, and you calling the Washington Post an anti-Trump paper, only shows your bias towards Trump and that you are basing your argument on your feelings, not facts.
#15093742
The multi-national EU is driving the global multilateral response to Covid-19. The EU has already sponsored an international event to raise 8 billion Euros for developing a vaccine that is to be available to all people irrespective of their financial means. The EU's proposal to investigate the origin of the novel corona virus has been accepted by almost all WHO members with the notable abstention of the US.

The US is totally isolated in its attempt to exploit the pandemic for its own geopolitical aims.

#15093746
Breakthrough Drug: Ivermectin Shows 'Astounding' Results Against Coronavirus

By David A. Patten | Friday, 22 May 2020 11:16 PM



Reports Friday from multiple trials in the United States and abroad indicate a drug already approved by the FDA to treat parasitic infections is showing “astounding” results, and could represent a breakthrough in efforts to vanquishing the SARS-CoV-2 virus at the heart of the global pandemic.

Doctors have administered the drug ivermectin in several simultaneous trials in several countries sometimes in combination with other common medications.

Physicians who participated in the study report that patients’ viral loads began declining almost immediately after they began administering ivermectin, a widely available prescription drug approved to combat parasites, scabies and head lice.

It has not been approved for COVID-19 patients, but doctors familiar with clinical trials described patients’ results as dramatic.

Emergency medical physician Dr. Peter H. Hibberd, M.D., of Palm Beach County, Florida, told Newsmax Friday evening in an exclusive interview that he’s optimistic the drug will prove to be an important therapeutic advance, although he expects more trials will be needed before it wins FDA approval for use as a COVID-19 medication.

He noted it has impressed doctors in clinical trials on multiple continents.

“There’s a common denominator here,” said Hibberd. “This drug is salvaging people from their death bed.”

In some cases, doctors reported just one dose of ivermectin markedly improved a patient’s condition. In other cases, daily doses were provided over the course of seven days to aid recovery.

The drug first emerged as a possible coronavirus therapeutic in June, when a study by researchers in Victoria, Australia, showed the drug wiped out the virus in a test tube. That promising result led to the latest trials.

On Thursday, a team of U.S. doctors led by Dr. Jean-Jacques Rajter at the Broward Health Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, submitted findings to an institutional review board. According to a medical source familiar with the study, some 250 coronavirus patients were involved in the Broward trial. The results were dramatic, with “statistically significant improvement in mortality,” according to the source.

The blood oxygen level of the first patient treated in early April was 70%, and dropped to just 50% within hours. After receiving the invermectin, the patient stabilized within 24 hours and was discharged from the hospital in one week.

It is important to note that while some patients are receiving the medicine on an emergency basis, the FDA on May 1 posted the following advisory: “While there are approved uses for ivermectin in people and animals, it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19. You should not take any medicine to treat of prevent COVID-19 unless it has been prescribed to you by your health care provider and acquired from a legitimate source.”

In a separate trial on the other side of the globe, a team of doctors in Bangladesh reported Friday that they administered a combination of ivermectin and doxycycline, a common antibiotic, to 60 coronavirus patients there.

That team reported that within 72 hours after receiving the drug, their patients tested negative for the virus, and by the fourth day, they had recovered. Dr Tarek Alam, a senior doctor for the Bangladesh Medical College Hospital, told India’s ZeeNews that the results were “astounding” and said all patients “experienced full recoveries.”

One reason the FDA is cautious is that the drug can interact with other medications, and in some cases can cause complications such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, dizziness, a sudden drop in blood pressure, liver problems and other side effects.

The Gates Foundation is funding a third clinical trial of ivermectin in France, according to TrialSiteNews.com.

Hibberd said the ivermectin trials indicate it is an “effective therapy” that would provide a bridge to a vaccine and would potentially reduce the downside risk of catching the virus.

“It would mean we could go to work and not worry,” he said of the prospect of having an effective therapeutic medication. “You catch it, we treat you and we move on as a country.”

© 2020 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


https://www.newsmax.com/us/ivermectin-d ... id/968688/

Also, in Bangladesh:

Govt expands Hydroxychloroquine as prophylactic for asymptomatic health workers

23rd May, 2020

The Government has decided to expand the use of anti-malaria drug Hydroxychloroquine as prophylactic for asymptomatic healthcare workers as well engaged in fighting COVID-19 coronavirus.
A revised government advisory on Friday recommended use of hydroxychloroquine as a preventive medication for asymptomatic healthcare workers working in non-COVID-19 hospitals, frontline staff on surveillance duty in containment zones and paramilitary/police personnel involved in coronavirus infection related activities.

The decision came after the National Task Force (NTF) for COVID-19 constituted by the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) reviewed the use of Hydroxychloroquine or HCQ for prophylaxis of SARS-CoV-2 infection for high-risk population based on the emerging evidence on its safety and efficacy, The Statesman reported.

1. It has recommended not administering the drug to children below the age of 15.

2. People with known case of retinopathy and known hypersensitivity to Hydroxychloroquine or 4-aminoquinoline compounds have been asked not to take the medicine.

Ever since the deadly virus spread across nations, Hydroxychloroquine has become one of the most highly demanded drugs worldwide.

India, the world’s main supplier of generic drugs, has been finding it difficult to cope with the requests for Hydroxycholoquine received from nearly 30 nations.

https://www.daily-sun.com/post/483619/G ... th-workers

I am just posting this here for information only.
It is not a recommendation to use it.
I wonder what will happen with those cheap available medicines... because big bucks are to be earned with remdesivir, a 5,000 dollar per patient treatment, so far not proven to reduce mortality, only hospital stay.
Let's keep an open mind and see where the studies lead us.
#15093751
Ter wrote:Let's keep an open mind and see where the studies lead us.
I can agree with that. I can't agree with self-medicating because of rumours.

I wouldn't suggest anyone self-medicate HCQ. They should consult a doctor, first. There are side effects that most people might not be aware of.

As for people being influenced by what Trump says:
Maryland said it's received 100 calls to its coronavirus hotline inquiring about Trump's suggestion that disinfectants might be able to treat COVID-19
Maryland said its coronavirus hotline has received over 100 calls from people inquiring about President Donald Trump's comments on Thursday that ingesting disinfectant could be a possible treatment for COVID-19.

The state's Emergency Management Agency and Mike Ricci, the communications director for Gov. Larry Hogan, stressed on Twitter that ingesting or injecting disinfectant is dangerous and not an effective treatment for the virus after they had gotten numerous calls from people asking about it.


https://www.businessinsider.com/marylan ... ure-2020-4

So... maybe listening to what Trump says about HCQ might not be the best thing. Listen to your doctor.
#15093762
Godstud wrote:So... maybe listening to what Trump says about HCQ might not be the best thing. Listen to your doctor.

So can someone show me the clip where Trump advises or encourages people to self medicate through the ingestion or injection of disinfectant. Or is this just another filthy Liberal lie against Trump.
#15093763
Here you go fascist snowflake. Trump saying stupid shit... but I am sure you're immune since you're a cultist, as well.


‘Don’t Try This at Home’: Even ‘Fox & Friends’ Balked at Trump’s Advice
Fox News anchors conceded that injecting disinfectant would be “poisonous.” But Rush Limbaugh and Breitbart defended Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/busi ... ctant.html
#15093839
So can someone show me the clip where Trump advises or encourages people to self medicate through the ingestion or injection of disinfectant. Or is this just another filthy Liberal lie against Trump.


So can you tell me why you are ignoring the 18,000 documented lies that Trump has publicly put out there in the past three years and you are looking for one lie on the part of "liberals"?

For the record democrats are NOT liberals. Very few of them are anyway. Certainly not Biden.
#15093950
Godstud wrote:Here you go fascist snowflake. Trump saying stupid shit... but I am sure you're immune since you're a cultist, as well.


‘Don’t Try This at Home’: Even ‘Fox & Friends’ Balked at Trump’s Advice
Fox News anchors conceded that injecting disinfectant would be “poisonous.” But Rush Limbaugh and Breitbart defended Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/busi ... ctant.html

That video does not show Trump advising or encouraging people to self medicate through the ingestion or injection of disinfectant. He is only asking a question as to what might be possible and could it be looked into. And the NY Times is a left-wing publication that often puts out lies and fake news and this is just another example.

Drlee wrote:So can you tell me why you are ignoring the 18,000 documented lies that Trump has publicly put out there in the past three years and you are looking for one lie on the part of "liberals"?

Probably because there are not 18,000 documented lies that Trump has publicly put out. That is just more left-wing fake news.

Drlee wrote:For the record democrats are NOT liberals. Very few of them are anyway. Certainly not Biden.

Dementia Biden will be anything the Democrats want him to be to get elected.
#15093966
Remember, @Drlee, it's all Fake News if you are a Trump Cultist. You already gave up your ability to think, or reason, when you accept Trump as your Lord, and Savior. :knife:

Many others, that used to be intellectuals, on this forum, have done the same.
  • 1
  • 132
  • 133
  • 134
  • 135
  • 136

@wat0n 1. The cop should be penalised for drop[…]

@Pants-of-dog even under your source, Ireland wa[…]

There are people still trying to say that the dri[…]

@Finfinder If you are not going to support you[…]