Does Marijuana have anti cancer properties? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Recently, scientists reported that THC and other cannabinoids such as CBD slow growth and/or cause death in certain types of cancer cells growing in lab dishes. Some animal studies also suggest certain cannabinoids may slow growth and reduce spread of some forms of cancer.

There have been some early clinical trials of cannabinoids in treating cancer in humans and more studies are planned. While the studies so far have shown that cannabinoids can be safe in treating cancer, they do not show that they help control or cure the disease.

Cannabinoids induce tumour cell death and inhibit tumour angiogenesis and invasion in animal models of cancer, and there are indications that they act similarly in patients with glioblastoma. Given that cannabinoids show an acceptable safety profile, clinical trials testing them as single drugs or, ideally, in combination therapies in glioblastoma and other types of cancer are both warranted and urgently needed.
Way back in the 1970s, Docs noticed their cancer patients that smoked pot lived longer.

How's that for weird. It could have been as something as simple as the munchies. It's hard to eat when you're that sick.

They actually started to look into it, but then the Feds came down on the entire healthcare system with hobnail boots, and it stopped. One of many gifts from Nixon that cost lives.

Anyway... pot has medical uses, but I have my doubts about this one. I've had cancer, used pot, and while you need to take this with several grains of salt, I didn't notice anything, and my numbers have followed the usual pattern.

By the by, while smoking pot doesn't cause lung cancer, smoking will still damage your lung tissue. Vaping (avoid those nasty commercial extracts) is a much better idea.

I grow my own medicinal pot, make an extract, and put that in pills. Although for a couple years after I got my pot medical card I made a LOT of brownies.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going on[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]