The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 145 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
colliric wrote:Coca-Cola was literally sold in Chemists by a snake oil salesman as a health drink known as a Brain-Tonic, with a very famous original recipe active highly addictive ingredient I might add.
Yes, 120+ years ago they didn't know as much about medicine and how drugs affected people. Big surprise. :roll:

colliric wrote:I mean almost every single film about wall street contains the "Coke" scene.
That's because cocaine use was ubiquitous, in the 80s.

None of that has anything to do with vaccines. You have no argument.
Godstud wrote:None of that has anything to do with vaccines. You have no argument.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/who-endo ... 90556ef6b9

Been around since 1987...... never got approved until now.

30% effective and requires 4 shots to get that anyway.... AND THAT'S PROBABLY WHY IT DIDN'T GET APPROVAL.

Ahh fuck it! Let's take advantage of the whole "vax the world" shit and approve it 35 years later anyway!

This vaccine for Malaria has literally been in development since I was three years old, yet it's still only 30% effective and still requires 4 doses to get to that level of effectiveness anyway.

Yet somehow we need to trust vaccine companies that spend 35 years working on an imperfect still highly ineffective Malaria vaccine, with vaccines based on a technology that's known to be absolutely brand new and that STILL haven't submitted data from Phase three testing.

By the way Godstud, you're only getting one less dose than them so far.

And of course hidden at the end is the statement the kids are getting a rushjob experimental mRNA one as soon as it's rushed out the door in less than a few months time anyway.

This malaria vaccine isn't even experimental, it's just plain shit. But after 35 years the "time has come for shitty vaccines that pretty much do next to nothing, to be finally shat out like it's Big-Pharma Christmas".
colliric wrote:And of course hidden at the end is the statement the kids are getting a rushjob experimental mRNA one as soon as it's rushed out the door in less than a few months time anyway.
LIES. The vaccines are not experimental. You have been proven wrong and are pushing a false narrative. Stop acting the fool.

Covid-19 isn't Malaria. It's sad that I have to point this out to you the difference between a viral infection and a parasitic one. :knife:
colliric wrote:Yet somehow we need to trust vaccine companies that spend 35 years working on an imperfect still highly ineffective Malaria vaccine, with vaccines based on a technology that's known to be absolutely brand new and that STILL haven't submitted data from Phase three testing.

The two things aren't remotely comparable. Malaria is caused by a very complex parasite with several distinct stages of its life, and Covid-19 is caused by a not-especially-complicated virus. It's like saying we should vaccinate against measles or polio because we still don't fully understand breast cancer! :knife:
McDonald's and Coca-Cola sold food and drinks. They didn't sell the idea of owning them without actually producing them on a distributed ledger.

Like owning McDonald's stock is still an abstracted ownership of property divorced from the actual running of the business, but it still represents part of a business that produces actual goods people consume.

And again, I want to point out that you somehow came to the conclusion that having treatments for a serious disease is preferable to having preventions for it because of some insane ideologically motivated opposition to the vaccine. It is preferable to not get to the point where you need treatment in the first place, how is this not obvious to you other than through willfully buttheaded ignorance?
You didn't understand my point @Heisenberg . The Malaria vaccine was Developed in 1987 and entered clinical trials in 1992.

Why the fuck did it take 35 years from it's development and 30 years after clinical trials commenced for them to decide this vaccine can be approved and then specifically approve it now during what can only be described as a mass propoganda Vaccination campaign.

Am I meant to trust an organisation that let a shitty efficacy 4-shot vaccine sit on the shelf for that lengthy period of time and just decided to approve it somehow completely out of the blue 30 years after it's trials began?

Why am I meant to trust these people?

And don't give me that "oh they magically sat on this vaccine for 30 years for some scientific reason" they obviously just decided to approve this malaria vaccine completely out of the blue because "multishot vaccines are now absolutely in vogue, so we can approve this now with little criticism".

This decision killed kids that would have benefited from the vaccine, no matter how shitty, being approved earlier. So why should I trust this organisation?
colliric wrote:You didn't understand my point @Heisenberg . The Malaria vaccine was Developed in 1987 and entered clinical trials in 1992.

Why the fuck did it take 35 years from it's development and 30 years after clinical trials commenced for them to decide this vaccine can be approved and then specifically approve it now during what can only be described as a mass propoganda Vaccination campaign.

The first trials in the 1990s were unsuccessful, which is why it wasn't approved then.

In the intervening 30 years, scientists have worked on improving the vaccine so that is more effective. As discussed before, this was hard to do because Malaria is a very complicated disease. This culminated in the European Medicines Agency approving it for use in 2015, and on the WHO's recommendation, various pilot programs were launched in 2019. Today's approval from the WHO came on the back of the results of those pilot studies, which showed that the vaccine combined with anti malarial medicine has around 70% efficacy in stopping malaria.

colliric wrote:This decision killed kids that would have benefited from the vaccine, no matter how shitty, being approved earlier. So why should I trust this organisation?

Is your position that the WHO should have immediately approved the vaccine in the 1990s when it was even less effective than it is now? How ridiculous. :lol:
colliric wrote:You didn't understand my point @Heisenberg . The Malaria vaccine was Developed in 1987 and entered clinical trials in 1992.

Am I meant to trust an organisation that let a shitty efficacy 4-shot vaccine sit on the shelf for that lengthy period of time and just decided to approve it somehow completely out of the blue 30 years after it's trials began?

Why am I meant to trust these people?

And don't give me that "oh they magically sat on this vaccine for 30 years for some scientific reason" they obviously just decided to approve this malaria vaccine completely out of the blue because "multishot vaccines are now absolutely in vogue, so we can approve this now with little criticism".

This decision killed kids that would have benefited from the vaccine, no matter how shitty, being approved earlier. So why should I trust this organisation?

You are talking out of your ass, as usual. Just because Vaccine A, took X amount of years to be developed and tested meanwhile Vaccine B took Y amount of years does not mean A is good or B is bad. We are talking about two completely different organisms, in fact many biologists don't even consider virus an organisms (but that is an unrelated topic). The amount of $$ put onto covid research pales anything else, the amount of buzz and news, published papers, etc.
I have explained this to you many may times in the past. The reality is you already trust "these people".
The same people that are responsible for saying how many parts of a cockoroach is safe for you to consume inside your cereal are the same people that are evaluating vaccine safety.
Do you trust your waiter not to spit on your food before presenting it on your table? Do you trust the cook to not have masturbated right before handling the pizza dough that he she will later serve you? What about the airline pilot that is going to fly you? Do you trust the barber is not going to have his razor shake and cut your ear off? Do you trust the engineer that designed and the mechanic that assambled the breaking system of your car? You live in society... learn to have some trust on other human beings. Im not asking you have blind trust on everything, but for you to be right, the whole global community of doctors, scientests, biochemicals would have to be part of the largest scam in history. And...if you live in a world that this sort of rouse can happen, what make you think your pilot is not a drug addict, your cheff is not addicted to constant masturbation and your barber is secretly a vicious serial killer that likes to slice the carotids of unsuspected costumers. :lol:
C'mon colliric you're obviously listening to some really fucking stupid rightwing grifters who don't care if you live or die. At least tell us where you're getting all this bullshit about the malaria vaccine and spermjacking from.
Here is some excellent news.

A young man with whom I am acquainted, 26 years old, track star, body fat of a cheetah, was taken off the respirator today. He is still very sick and will be in the hospital for some time yet but he is off the machine. Of course he well may have suffered a lifelong disability and he did lose a year in college but he is alive. So now he can brag that he did not get vaccinated and survived covid. What a man. Not Mensa material but a real paragon of Republican virtue.
SpecialOlympian wrote:C'mon colliric you're obviously listening to some really fucking stupid rightwing grifters who don't care if you live or die. At least tell us where you're getting all this bullshit about the malaria vaccine and spermjacking from.

Brian.....

He told me so.

"9news.com.au".....

Still the One!

Here is some excellent news.

A young man with whom I am acquainted, 26 years old, track star, body fat of a cheetah, was taken off the respirator today. He is still very sick and will be in the hospital for some time yet but he is off the machine. Of course he well may have suffered a lifelong disability and he did lose a year in college but he is alive. So now he can brag that he did not get vaccinated and survived covid. What a man. Not Mensa material but a real paragon of Republican virtue

You know you could just say "hope you make a full recovery mate" or end your post at "he is alive" instead of making a post clearly implying you were going to badmouth him as an anti-vaxer who "deserved it" if he died. What a great "acquaintance" you must be. With "acquaintances" like this, you don't need enemies.
Drlee wrote:Here is some excellent news.

A young man with whom I am acquainted, 26 years old, track star, body fat of a cheetah, was taken off the respirator today. He is still very sick and will be in the hospital for some time yet but he is off the machine. Of course he well may have suffered a lifelong disability and he did lose a year in college but he is alive. So now he can brag that he did not get vaccinated and survived covid. What a man. Not Mensa material but a real paragon of Republican virtue.

Cost of the vaccine: $40, paid by the federal government or your insurer.

Cost of monoclonal antibodies at the hospital: $1,200 minimum. Hope you're insured! Thank goodness treatments are being developed so we don't need that terrible vaccine, I'll just wait until I go to the hospital.
I don't think mandates should be a thing, but at the same time I believe that any workplace can demand that its employees be vaccinated for the safety of the other employees, or face termination.

Public safety is already a firing thing with OSHA, and you don't need to change rules for this to be a good way to pressure people.

That said, even the threat of mandates/vaccine passports caused an upsurge of vaccinations in my home province, in Canada.
We had so much unity before. Maybe the problem is that we're not being nice enough to the people who think Bill Gates put micromachines in the vaccines to turn their souls Muslim. Is there anything we can do to accommodate them more?
What vaccine was available to a 25 year old in September 2020?

I don't remember. Why did you pick a date a year ago? He could have been vaccinated several months ago had he chosen to.
boomerintown wrote:Is vaccine mandates/requirements the way to go? It is impossible to predict the future, but I see a great risk that it will lead to even bigger polarization in a time where you need unity.

Who is polarizing the debate?
Godstud wrote:I don't think mandates should be a thing, but at the same time I believe that any workplace can demand that its employees be vaccinated for the safety of the other employees, or face termination.

Public safety is already a firing thing with OSHA, and you don't need to change rules for this to be a good way to pressure people.

That said, even the threat of mandates/vaccine passports caused an upsurge of vaccinations in my home province, in Canada.

I dont know, Id say its reasonable to allow it in specific situation where such a demand is motivated (for instance healthcare). But generally I dont think it should be that obvious. Ofcourse it is hard to talk about this generally since workers right varies a lot between countries, but I can see the problems in allowing employers to go that far just based on them setting up a policy.
There is already an obligation on the part of employers to provide a safe and healthy work environment for their employees.

Employers requiring their employees to be vaccinated is simply the easiest way for employers to provide such an environment in the workplace.

Absolute horseshit. :lol: https://image[…]

https://twitter.com/UKTired/status/178305497055778[…]

You can't arrest someone for protesting or having[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim that the IDF deliberately targeted human[…]