The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 146 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Who is polarizing the debate?

Definitely not people at right wing media outlets like Fox News. All of their employees are vaccinated and they enforce mask mandates in the office, as any responsible employer would.
What vaccine was available to a 25 year old in September 2020?
Drlee wrote:I don't remember. Why did you pick a date a year ago? He could have been vaccinated several months ago had he chosen to.

Because you used the past tense, "he did lose a year in college but he is alive." Is the vaccine available to those currently hospitalised with covid or did you mean to use the future tense?

Pants-of-dog wrote:There is already an obligation on the part of employers to provide a safe and healthy work environment for their employees.

If that were the case they'd provide full sick pay and ban tipping to ensure Suzy doesn't come to work sick and share her germs with her colleagues.
AFAIK wrote:.....

If that were the case they'd provide full sick pay and ban tipping to ensure Suzy doesn't come to work sick and share her germs with her colleagues.

I am not sure what you mean by banning tipping, but yes, employers also need to keep sick employees at home.
AFAIK wrote:Any employee that earns tips has a financial incentive to work when sick since they don't earn tips at home.

The necessity of tipping indicates a failure of the market to provide a living wage, so I agree and think we should also go a step further and mandate wages high enough that tipping becomes obsolete.

But for right now, employers should cover those lost revenues.
XogGyux wrote:The drugs are not the problem, they do what they are supposed to do. Like any other drug, they can cause side effects.

An object can't be "the problem." It's the way that the CEOs and medical profession abuse these drugs to make money... that leads to serious problems. I wonder how many school shootings were caused by some Big Pharma drug.

If you take your head out of your ass for once, you may be able to breathe some fresh air for once and have more thoughtful commentary.

My head isn't in my ass, it's in my mask.
Wat0n wrote:How would a higher base wage do away with the incentives in tipping?
See Australia.

18 countries where you don't have to leave a tip
Australia
There is usually a service charge tacked on your bill, and any extra tipping is entirely voluntary. The average wage for servers in Australia is $15.38 per hour, and waiters get benefits as part of their jobs.
https://www.businessinsider.com/countri ... tip-2016-3

Tipping is irrelevant to the subject of employee safety, though. Employers should already get sick employees to stay home. Instituting policy for a Covid vaccination would be conducive to overall health in the workplace, and good be easily enforced with existing laws and rules, in most countries, which have their own Occupation Safety & Health legislation.
Godstud wrote:See Australia.

18 countries where you don't have to leave a tip
Australia
There is usually a service charge tacked on your bill, and any extra tipping is entirely voluntary. The average wage for servers in Australia is $15.38 per hour, and waiters get benefits as part of their jobs.
https://www.businessinsider.com/countri ... tip-2016-3

Tipping is irrelevant to the subject of employee safety, though. Employers should already get sick employees to stay home. Instituting policy for a Covid vaccination would be conducive to overall health in the workplace, and good be easily enforced with existing laws and rules, in most countries, which have their own Occupation Safety & Health legislation.

Tipping is a social convention, but how would people who know they get tips (because tipping is common) and aren't concerned about COVID suddenly stop working to get them just because their base wage went up? It doesn't make any sense. It's why lockdowns were enacted to begin with.
An interesting observation from Matt Taibbi regarding the mass media and social media "conversations" around COVID:

Matt Taibbi wrote:We’re similarly becoming a nation of totalitarian nitwits, speaking in a borrowed lexicon of mandatory phrases and smelling heresy in anyone who doesn’t.

I think this applies to many people's commenting style in this very thread - mandatory talking points, and lots of witch-burning of anyone with their own opinions.
QatzelOk wrote:An object can't be "the problem." It's the way that the CEOs and medical profession abuse these drugs to make money... that leads to serious problems. I wonder how many school shootings were caused by some Big Pharma drug.

CEOs don't prescribe drugs, and the average doctor is not making money from prescribing drugs either. I have gone as far as giving my personal number to a patient as a mode of assurance (patient can get a hold of me so I can quickly prescribe an antibiotic to his/her pharmacy) in order to avoid prescribing unnecessary medicines (antibiotics). Most of my collages also go out of their way to not prescribe. Is there some conflict of interest? Perhaps there is some from time to time, but this is not some sort of rampant corruption that you are suggesting. You suggests that profits and hunger for money will drive a race-for-the-bottom kind of scenario... Let's see other industries, why aren't you affraid that your favorite peruvian-japanese exotic restaurant is going to have a race for the bottom and serve you fishsticks and 14d old slimy lettuce? Or that the nice brazzillian steak house on the corner is suddently going to replace their prime beef for lower quality rejeted seconds? You are proposing an unrealistic cannibalistic capitalism that simply does not exist on western nations to the extent that you are suggesting. Doctors have pride on their work, chefs have pride on their work, engineers have pride on their work.

My head isn't in my ass, it's in my mask.

Good boy. Keep it there.
No, doctors just want to get rich off of me by giving me as many vaccines as possible. Which is why I am joining the military to avoid vaccines and not have to deal with private doctors.

Don't listen to your doctor. Just go completely off the grid and get a Freedom Phone so you can get medical advice from My Pillow Mike via Parler. Only go back to civilization to yell at school boards about how you hate Critical Race Theory even if you have no children in their school system. This is freedom.
Don't listen to your doctor.

Yeah, probably shouldn't take the blood test he just told me to take tomorrow.

Told him my post-shot chest soreness symptoms. Checked my blood pressure.

"A bit high. You need a fasting test right now, should be taking it right now today. Full blood test. If less than a week it could serious and be from the shot" even after I told him it all cleared up quickly.

"Need to take it seriously".

Bloody hell, I'm going to have to skip breakfast.
colliric wrote:Yeah, probably shouldn't take the blood test he just told me to take tomorrow.

Told him my post-shot chest soreness symptoms. Checked my blood pressure.

"A bit high. You need a fasting test right now, should be taking it right now today. Full blood test. If less than a week it could serious and be from the shot" even after I told him it all cleared up quickly.

"Need to take it seriously".

Bloody hell, I'm going to have to skip breakfast.

You just got vaxxed. Vaccinations are extremely dangerous and have severe side effects. How do I know everything you're saying isn't just the vaccine induced hallucinations of a society cucked madman?

Haha you folded faster than Superman on laundry day when it came to the vax. It owns that all of your beliefs mean nothing and you gave in like a weak little bitch. You are vaxxed now. You will forever be vaccinated.

colliric wrote:after I told him it all cleared up quickly.

Lmao you gigantic baby. All you needed was someone to listen to you.
Also I don't believe for a second you are getting secondhand bullshit moronic talking points about the malaria vaccine and spermjacking from your local news station. Tell us who you listen to. You obviously don't want to tell us which rightwing shitheads who are glad to let you die of a preventable disease, but just man up on it. We all know you get your talking points from morons so just give up the game buddy.

I mean you literally threw out the "masks deprive you of oxygen" shit a few weeks ago. You said that because some idiot you listen to said that. C'mon man, we care about you and don't want you to listen to idiots.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the leading publications aren't using dipshit talking points about the malaria vaccine and talking about the ~dangers of spermjacking~ my dude.

Like those are low bars even for Murdoch publications.
colliric wrote:https://youtu.be/JnF2jTECeX4

Lmao

On why she is unvaccinated: I have spoken to my doctor about it, and I'm not going to go into that conversation-

Really? Why? What did your doctor say that you didn't want to share? Was it that you should get vaccinated?

Like the entire video is just a really hot woman saying, "I'm ashamed of being a huge moron, and how people will not tolerate me being incredibly stupid around them" haha.
You know what? I'm starting a new identity, and you fucking libs have to accept me. I no longer stop at red lights. Red lights are just a forced convention of society and I reject them, even if they are DMV approved. If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

My car, my choice. And I do not stop for communist colors. Society needs to accommodate my fears about the color red because I listen to morons who sell me food buckets for doomsday.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]