The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 100 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Doug said a lot of horse shit, none of which is true. But he is a Republican and a Trump supporter. He does not care how many people Trump killed and the Republicans continue to kill.

Simple as that.

By the way, we are NOT moving toward herd immunity. We have far to many people refusing to be vaccinated. The overwhelming majority of the Republicans. (Or some other flavor of traitorous fascist.)
I am thinking of getting a Chinese vaccine. Because China dominates world trade. It may soon declare that everyone has to be vaccinated by Chinese vaccine.

I don't think other vaccines have a long shot. You all may have to get a Chinese vaccine at the end of day.
:lol:
@Istanbuller That's some seriously "out there" thinking that you are employing. Do you have any information to back up such an outlandish statement?
Godstud wrote::lol:
@Istanbuller That's some seriously "out there" thinking that you are employing. Do you have any information to back up such an outlandish statement?

The EU forces people to get Pfizer vaccine. They do it even they don't have any power to pressure. China may retaliate and it has the leverage to do that as I explained above.
So India basically did turned out to be one of the worst to do Country in this crisis. Last year was surprising, I don't know, some sort of already existing immunity in South Asia that resulted in a relatively mild first wave but the new strain has wrecked havoc.

Almost everyone now knows someone who lost their life due to Covid. The shortage of vaccine is real, I did managed to get my first shot but most haven't.
Godstud wrote:Covid-19's no joke.

Maybe not. But the public reaction to it and media coverage of it was full of slapstick and double-entendres.

Also, lockdowns for a virus? Sounds like fascism (citizens as dogs-to-be-penned in) found a new strategy.
@QatzelOk go jump in a lake, you wet paper bag.

You wouldn't know Fascism if it bit you on the ass. I suppose you think laws are Fascist. :knife:
Godstud wrote:@QatzelOk go jump in a lake, you wet paper bag.

You wouldn't know Fascism if it bit you on the ass. I suppose you think laws are Fascist. :knife:

No, but the police are definitely fascists....

Potemkin wrote:No, but the police are definitely fascists....

It's like their "opinions" are just squeaky-toys to impress other dogs with.

(warning: abstractions in post hidden below; may trigger cognitive panic)

► Show Spoiler
And a year ago on this day in history Doug64 and Sivad were comparing covid deaths to flu deaths.

Perhaps they have decided that was a tad off base.
@Drlee They can, and will, never admit that they were completely wrong. It would be too much of a blow to their misplaced pride. :lol:
True. They can't admit it.

Here is how Covid works.

The CDC dropped the mask requirement for some vaccinated people in outdoor settings. My wife and I have been vaccinated. So we invited our "adopted" kids (former neighbors) to our house to eat pizza outdoors. They have two little boys 2-4. (Feral it seems.) Of course they did not tell us that the little boys had bad colds and you can't tell right away because they run and scream all of the time anyway. Of course they instantly ran into the house because our house is fascinating to them. (We collect unusual art pieces including masks.) So I had to follow them around to make sure they did not get into anything in our decidedly not kid-proofed house. Now I have an absolutely world class, cold. And that is how it works. One moment of indiscretion.

Early in the pandemic I got into my car leaving the clinic. I did not think I had seen any Covid positive people that day. One lady scabies and another with a UTI. The doc and I had been discussing what an easy day it had been. Got out of my PPI according to protocol but wore my scrubs home. When I got to the house I was getting undressed in the garage. Reached into my pocket of my scrubs and came out with a used pair of exam gloves. I must have inadvertently stuffed them into my pocket. Something I would never do. But I did. It could have spelled disaster. I got lucky. For two weeks all I could do was play back that day in my memory trying to remember who I used these gloves with and who was ill that day.

So that is the thing. I disagree with the CDC. It is too soon to let our guard down and people will get very sick and some die from their decision. I have to pay the price for not following my own advice. I am lucky. I got a cold. But such a cold it is:

Go hang yourself, you old M.D.!
You shall not sneer at me.
Pick up your hat and stethoscope,
Go wash your mouth with laundry soap;
I contemplate a joy exquisite
I'm not paying you for your visit.
I did not call you to be told
My malady is a common cold.

By pounding brow and swollen lip;
By fever's hot and scaly grip;
By those two red redundant eyes
That weep like woeful April skies;
By racking snuffle, snort, and sniff;
By handkerchief after handkerchief;
This cold you wave away as naught
Is the damnedest cold man ever caught!

Give ear, you scientific fossil!
Here is the genuine Cold Colossal;
The Cold of which researchers dream,
The Perfect Cold, the Cold Supreme.
This honored system humbly holds
The Super-cold to end all colds;
The Cold Crusading for Democracy;
The Führer of the Streptococcracy.

Bacilli swarm within my portals
Such as were ne'er conceived by mortals,
But bred by scientists wise and hoary
In some Olympic laboratory;
Bacteria as large as mice,
With feet of fire and heads of ice
Who never interrupt for slumber
Their stamping elephantine rumba.

A common cold, gadzooks, forsooth!
Ah, yes. And Lincoln was jostled by Booth;
Don Juan was a budding gallant,
And Shakespeare's plays show signs of talent;
The Arctic winter is fairly coolish,
And your diagnosis is fairly foolish.
Oh what a derision history holds
For the man who belittled the Cold of Colds!

So I'm actually on time this week!

And the death rate for both the EU and the US continue to drop, including in 28 out of 50 states for the US (though Nebraska's has to be an adjustment to their figures, we don't normally have people coming back to life). And at the rate the EU's is dropping, they might match the US's rate next week, or even drop below us.

Not much changes for schools opening, though Massachusetts has been just blazing along--from 69.3% a month ago to 100% this week!

Yes Doug. Let's all have a group hug. Lets celebrate because only 603,000 Americans have died (so far). Lets be happy while Missouri, Ohio, and Main are going up dramatically. Let feel all warm and fuzzy because some states are encouraging suicidal behavior. The war is over. We can all go back to making out in bars. What could possibly go wrong.

A year ago this time Doug you were mocking this pandemic and with your buddy Sivad comparing it to the flu. How do you like it now Doug?

No herd immunity coming Doug. Why? Because Republicans Doug. I still wear my mask Doug. Know why? Because I am way smarter than people who don't. That is why Doug. How about you?
Drlee wrote:Yes Doug. Let's all have a group hug. Lets{sic} celebrate because only 603,000 Americans have died (so far). Lets{sic} be happy while Missouri, Ohio, and Main{sic} are going up dramatically. Let{sic} feel all warm and fuzzy because some states are encouraging suicidal behavior. The war is over. We can all go back to making out in bars. What could possibly go wrong.

A year ago this time Doug you were mocking this pandemic and with your buddy Sivad comparing it to the flu. How do you like it now Doug?

No herd immunity coming Doug. Why? Because Republicans Doug. I still wear my mask Doug. Know why? Because I am way smarter than people who don't. That is why Doug. How about you?

The Drlee effect is still valid after all these years. (For those of you who don't know, the Drlee effect is your grammar going to shit as you're trying to call someone else stupid) You can't have herd immunity and open borders. Your anger at Republicans--rarely failing to point out that you are one of the people you are so angry at--belies the point that Coronavirus didn't start in the US and its spread in places like India has nothing to do with Republicans. Biden has already ensured we won't get to herd immunity with his tolerance for human trafficking. So it boils down to people making their own choices. I got Pfizer BioNTech, because I know how it works and it's about 97% effective. So if you got Pfizer, you really don't need to sweat wearing the mask. Knowing how mRNA works, you probably also know that the virus was likely modified in the Wuhan lab. Yet, you seem to be pretty silent on that matter, and never seem to express any anger at the Chinese Communist Party. Why is that?

Why does the Chinese Communist Party get to fuck over the entire world population and not face any backlash for their actions? I find that absolutely mystifying.
blackjack21 wrote:The Drlee effect is still valid after all these years. (For those of you who don't know, the Drlee effect is your grammar going to shit as you're trying to call someone else stupid) You can't have herd immunity and open borders. Your anger at Republicans--rarely failing to point out that you are one of the people you are so angry at--belies the point that Coronavirus didn't start in the US and its spread in places like India has nothing to do with Republicans. Biden has already ensured we won't get to herd immunity with his tolerance for human trafficking. So it boils down to people making their own choices. I got Pfizer BioNTech, because I know how it works and it's about 97% effective. So if you got Pfizer, you really don't need to sweat wearing the mask. Knowing how mRNA works, you probably also know that the virus was likely modified in the Wuhan lab. Yet, you seem to be pretty silent on that matter, and never seem to express any anger at the Chinese Communist Party. Why is that?

Why does the Chinese Communist Party get to fuck over the entire world population and not face any backlash for their actions? I find that absolutely mystifying.

We have no evidence this virus was created in a lab (although I would like to know more of the virus origin).

The Chinese political class royally fucked this up in December of 2019 and January 2020. After that their response has been far superior to most other nations and considering their 'weight class', unlike smaller nations like Taiwan or New Zeeland, they've been playing another sport entirely compared to the US or Brazil or more recently India.

I was concerned of the draconian measures that were being introduced late of January last year in China. But by all rights China should have between 1 and 2 million dead right now. Their numbers are certainly higher than reported but you can't hide those numbers.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

“They started it” is an excuse used by schoolchild[…]

who want to see the world burn. No, just America[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 23, Tuesday New tax puts up the cost of be[…]