The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 40 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Sivad

Is that the supposed to be the evidence I asked for?

Because it does not provide the same numbers you gave. In fact, the first piece of evidence claims that you could not possibly be so certain of your numbers.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Why should it matter if the people who died were old or sick?

This is all crocodile tears from the leftists. A large percentage of those that died earlier than they would have done, died not from the Xi virus, but from the fact that their access to treatment for other conditions was cut off. Its funny how Liberals are desperately looking to WWII for analogies to save them from the increasingly obvious failure of the lockdowns. Its all rather reminiscent of the Los Angles air raid or the so called battle of Los Angles. There the authorities just kept on lying in order to save face.
COVID-911: From Homeland Security to Biosecurity

9/11, as we were told repeatedly in the days, weeks, and months after the attack, was the day that changed everything. And now a new event has come along to once again throw the world into chaos. But whereas the post-9/11 era introduced America to the concept of homeland security, the COVID-19 era is introducing the world to an altogether more abstract concept: biosecurity. This is the story of the COVID-911 security state.
In yet another humiliating blow to the lockdown Liberals, Mexico has over taken Sweden in the numbers of deaths proportionate to population. Of course the death rate in both Sweden and Mexico is miniscule. They are both showing just over a half of a tenth of one percent.

You see some of us, unlike the typical retarded, ignorant fascisticly minded Liberal actually have some brains. We understood exponential increases. We understand the potential of exponential increases on very low numbers. We also understand that in the real world exponential increases have limits. We also understand that exponentials often tail off before, and in many cases long before they starting hitting the absolute limits of the total population size.

We know from past experience that pandemics rarely turn out as bad as the doom mongers predict. Whether its economics, pandemics, diplomacy and warfare, doom mongers have a huge advantage. You're far more likely to remember them when they get it right that when they get it wrong. What's even worse is people often remember doom mongers as getting it right when they didn't really. Bad things are going to happen that's a given. So when something bad happens, doom mongers often get credited with prophetic insight because they had predicted that bad things would happen. But often when you examine it carefully their prophetic accuracy is purely superficial. The bad things they predicted would happen are not really the same as the bad things that actually did happen.
Here's the latest weekly update:

For Red State/Blue State:

US ave. deaths per million (increase, change in rate)
  • Red States 556.4 (22.8, -0.8 )
  • Purple States 415.0 (16.8, -1.0)
  • Blue States 758.1 (9.7, -1.2 )

If they were included on my weekly chart above, Blue States would rank 11th out of 90 (+0), Red States 26th (+0), and Purple States 34th (+0). The good news is, the rate of increase in the number of deaths dropped by about 1 per million for all three categories.
Rancid wrote:The pandemic is real.

I was in Spain when it went into lockdown. No ambulances flying by, no bodies piling up.

Now, I live in the downtown of a big city. No ambulances flying by, no bodies piling up.

It's "real" just like Coca Cola is "the real thing."

Whatever your masters tell you is real, is "real" to you, if you know what is good for you. :eh:
QatzelOk wrote:I was in Spain when it went into lockdown. No ambulances flying by, no bodies piling up.

Now, I live in the downtown of a big city. No ambulances flying by, no bodies piling up.

It's "real" just like Coca Cola is "the real thing."

Whatever your masters tell you is real, is "real" to you, if you know what is good for you. :eh:

You don't need that for there to be a pandemic. This pandemic isn't the type that could cause a societal collapse, but it's real.
Rancid wrote:but it's real.

technically it's real, it's just not anywhere near as serious as the fear mongering control freaks are telling us it is. It's a hoax in the sense that the death tolls and the mortality rates have been wildly inflated from the start and there isn't one aspect of the official covid narrative that doesn't have massive glaring holes and inconsistencies. It's a hoax in that none of the dictates of expert officialdom make any sense at all when the slightest bit of scrutiny is applied to them. It's a hoax in that only a mindless npc beepbot is vacuous enough to believe the hype.
Sivad wrote:
technically it's real, it's just not anywhere near as serious as the fear mongering control freaks are telling us it is. It's a hoax in the sense that the death tolls and the mortality rates have been wildly inflated from the start and there isn't one aspect of the official covid narrative that doesn't have massive glaring holes and inconsistencies. It's a hoax in that none of the dictates of expert officialdom make any sense at all when the slightest bit of scrutiny is applied to them. It's a hoax in that only a mindless npc beepbot is vacuous enough to believe the hype.

That was kind of my point. It's very real, what can be argued is if we are over-reacting or not.
Scenario 5:

Parameter values for disease severity, viral transmissibility, and pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic disease transmission that represent the best estimate, based on the latest surveillance data and scientific knowledge. Parameter values are based on data received by CDC through August 8, 2020.

Scenario 5: Current Best Estimate Infection Fatality Ratio:

0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ml#table-1
Indiana University Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health and the Indiana University School of Medicine (Justin Blackburn, PhD, Constantin T. Yiannoutsos, PhD, Aaron E. Carroll, MD, MS, Paul K. Halverson, DrPH, Nir Menachemi, PhD, MPH) Infection Fatality Rate Estimate:

For the overall non-institutionalized population in Indiana, the IFR came out to be 0.26 percent. In other words, for every 1000 people in the community who had gotten infected, an estimated 2.6 ended up dying. The average age at death was 76.9 years.

The calculated IFR increased with age. It was 0.01 percent for those 12 to 40 years old, 0.12 percent for those 40 to 59 years old, and 1.71 percent for those 60 years and older. Men had a higher IFR than women (0.28 percent versus 0.21 percent).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... 3adfbb5c46
Rancid wrote:You don't need that for there to be a pandemic. This pandemic isn't the type that could cause a societal collapse, but it's real.

It's the kind of "pandemic" that kills 81 year olds with several medial conditions - just like strong flu bugs.

But killing the economy and forcing millions into poverty... is seen as "less harmful" to media viewers because... because... mass media owns your ability to form common sense.

While rich people were out-sourcing manufacturing jobs for the last 40 years, the Westerners who used to work in these factories have been out-sourcing their opinions and common sense to billionaire media-owners.

Slaves are rarely allowed to have their own opinions.
QatzelOk wrote:It's the kind of "pandemic" that kills 81 year olds with several medial conditions ...

It kills the vulnerable irrespective of age. It kills especially poor people and people of ethnic minorities such as the American natives.

For society to accept the killing of vulnerable groups of society, we have to go back to the state of mind of the Nazis.
@Sivad @QatzelOk

What do you guys think about how the media is prepping us with fear for a new surge in cases in the fall/winter?

By the way, I agree with you guys, in the sense that when I look at the numbers and then look at the media, something doesn't match up there for me. Feels like the media is acting like we're at 1 billion deaths.

That said, I'm still all for wearing masks and working from home. :)
It's crazy how many people have entirely hoax based politics. All of their politics are based on giant retarded hoaxes. And they prattle on about the retarded hoaxes to each other like a bunch of deluded ninnies thinking they're having important discussions. The idiocy astounds, and they're all total jackasses about it to boot. It's planet of the dildos, it's so fucking preposterous you couldn't even believe there's a world this absurd if you weren't actually living in it.
Indiana University Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health and the Indiana University School of Medicine (Justin Blackburn, PhD, Constantin T. Yiannoutsos, PhD, Aaron E. Carroll, MD, MS, Paul K. Halverson, DrPH, Nir Menachemi, PhD, MPH) Infection Fatality Rate Estimate:

Paul Halverson is a very good man and a reliable reporter. This is a little off of his usual area but he is a fine guy. He used to be at CDC. He is a systems guy but nobodies fool.
He likes to do research on Public Health systems and infrastructure. IIR He did that at WHO working at the CDC. I can't remember if he worked for WHO or CDC. I think WHO.

Doesn't matter though. He is a good guy and a respected scholar. He used to work in Arkansas, which is a damn shame, but no reason to be suspicious of that.

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

@skinster well, you've been accusing Israel of t[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]