The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 155 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
QatzelOk wrote:Quick question: Why are any vaxxed people dying of COVID? That isn't my definition of vaxxed.

Quick Reply: Because the efficacy rate isn't 100%

Quick question: Why are the unvaxxed five times more likely to be hospitalised (in the UK) given they make up only a fifth of the population?
B0ycey wrote:Quick question: Why are the unvaxxed five times more likely to be hospitalised (in the UK) given they make up only a fifth of the population?

Let them die! I say deny them a hospital bed. Fuck them.
We simply need a more robust healthcare system. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because the health care sector needs to be expanded multiple times over so we can simply power through future pandemics by holding nationwide chicken pox parties.
annatar1914 wrote:Such persons can rule themselves then, if practical, or if not be removed from existence altogether if they make society impossible and are incorrigible outlaws, thieves, bandits, etc..

I'm not expecting Utopia here, just reflecting that mostly decent people are capable of social love for others in society, while the assholes are not. But you have to have a society that isn't designed around catering to assholes and their special snowflake needs and desires.

Well that's not very helpful. If the majority decides a small majority must be eradicated, that hardly makes it morally right or even justifiable.
Rugoz wrote:Well that's not very helpful. If the majority decides a small majority must be eradicated, that hardly makes it morally right or even justifiable.

Do you believe in the death penalty for premeditated murder? If so, then you agree with the principle that the majority can decide that a small minority can be eradicated.
Potemkin wrote:Do you believe in the death penalty for premeditated murder? If so, then you agree with the principle that the majority can decide that a small minority can be eradicated.

I don't think majority rule is compatible with any kind of policy that denies people the right to participate politically, that includes the death penality. Passive suffrage is at least debatable, active is not.

That said, you can do pretty much everything else, which might not be morally legitimate either.
Rugoz wrote:Well that's not very helpful. If the majority decides a small majority must be eradicated, that hardly makes it morally right or even justifiable.

@Rugoz ;

You're right, but that is a rather extreme and exceptional situation, your example. As a general rule, that which is believed in by most people, is bound to be not entirely wrong.

Plus, the best people to trust about a given problem are those most closest to the actual problem, and so on the local level at least a majoritarian vote on an issue is likely to be the best decision, most often (the principle of ''Subsidarity''; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiarity).
Igor Antunov wrote:A pro-tip kids, anybody you don't know claiming genuine concern or love for you, is probably a cultist lunatic with a devious agenda.
:roll: Or an actual practicing Christian?

There are many kinds of love and they all aren't sexual or obsessive.

Love isn't exploitive, either.
Godstud wrote::roll: Or an actual practicing Christian?

There are many kinds of love and they all aren't sexual or obsessive.

Love isn't exploitive, either.

Jabbing kids with a rushed, inadequately tested drug to maybe benefit some old people is definitely exploitation.

Anyways, meme, thousand words and all that.

Admin Edit: Spam Meme
Igor Antunov wrote:Jabbing kids with a rushed, inadequately tested drug to maybe benefit some old people is definitely exploitation.
You foolishly lying and making up bullshit to push your idiotic narrative is simply hilarious... and tiresome. The facts, and reality, are against you.

Your cowardly arguments are pathetic.

The people against vaccinations are the selfishly cowardly and uncaring pieces of shit. Prove me wrong.
Godstud wrote:The people against vaccinations are the selfishly cowardly and uncaring pieces of shit. Prove me wrong.

Proof: Igor shared his secret to early retirement with you but you refused to listen. Obviously he cares about you, since he told you his secret. Had you listened to him, you would have benefited significantly.
colliric wrote:Igor shared his secret to early retirement with you but you refused to listen.
:lol: Igor has gotten lucky, and it's NOT a good investment to get into bitcoin. Relying on luck isn't solid investment advice. Getting lucky in a gamble(that's what bitcoin is) doesn't make you qualified to give medical advice. :knife: Do you also seek medical advice from your mechanic?

colliric wrote:Obviously he cares about you, since he told you his secret.
He's bragging about it, and philanthropy is not the reason he's shared his "secret". He's proven, by his statements regarding Covid-19, that he doesn't give a fuck about anyone but his own well being.

Bitcoin's no secret. It's high risk, and everyone knows it.

colliric wrote:Had you listened to him, you would have benefited significantly.
... or suffered financial ruin, as so many already have.

You're like one of those guys who goes to Vegas and says he won. Everyone who has ever been to Vegas has "won". It's a wonder they stay afloat giving all that money away. :lol:
Dude Australia's biggest and most famous bank, Commonwealth Bank, just announced its giving ALL it's customers online "opt out" Crypto wallets, ETFs, in branch Crypto investment advice and a "top 10 at first, others added later" Crypto exchange to play with.

First major Bank in the world to do so.

Australia's biggest bank is rolling out Bitcoin and a select few others. YAY! You can now officially buy Bitcoin at a Bank... Which Bank?

I've been with this bank my whole fucken life. My mum started my original Dollarmite account in the late 1980s and I've been mostly with them ever since. Going to have fun walking into a branch to get Crypto advice. My Mum's going down there immediately as soon as it becomes available because she was waiting for a major bank to accept it. She's going to make an appointment for advice Igor. I wasn't going to let her buy Shitcoins. Told her best thing is to use CommBank as soon as it begins.
Igor Antunov wrote::eek:

A pro-tip kids, anybody you don't know claiming genuine concern or love for you, is probably a cultist lunatic with a devious agenda. You gonna get raped, one way or another. Steer clear.

While this is true, it is kinda out of context if you apply it through this forum.

I swear, this weekend I'm actually going to get these posted! Of course, last weekend was Halloween so I was busy (chasing Dracula around Europe might be fun, but it can take a long time--and he got away!). Any road, here's the latest stats.

Rich wrote:I've never considered myself a libertarian and have always argued against the nonsense of absolute private property and absolute self ownership. If we believed in absolute self ownership then we couldn't have conscription. I support the use of imprisonment and imprisonment is slavery, so I consider anyone who says slavery is an absolute wrong an idiot.

No, imprisonment isn't slavery, there's a good reason that the 13th Amendment reads: "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." Now you could make a good argument that the draft is a form of involuntary servitude, but to claim that the draft reduces soldiers to the status of property?

annatar1914 wrote:Let me know what you think about the economic paradox of business owners depressing or stagnating wages of workers to keep profits up, but then not being able to sell products and services because consumers (who are the workers after all...) don't have the money to buy them.

Clearly businesses are able to sell products and services, because they actually earn profits.

All of your points have been predicated on a libertarian philosophy of natural rights and self ownership, so it's hardly a stretch to imagine that you haven't quite grown past your earlier political ideas, is it?

Belief in natural rights and self ownership is hardly just Libertarian, it's fundamental to any and all systems of belief in inherent human rights of any sort at all.

How many adults have to die before we get child/adult interaction in places like schools down to a safe level, with masking and vaccinations?

Before you can make any such attempt, you first have to prove that that children aren't safe without masking or vaccinations, or any more dangerous to be around. Since all the evidence is that children aren't particularly at risk from the Wuhan virus, and adults around them can themselves be vaccinated, good luck with that.

But I find it interesting that you do not find an affinity with them, aside from problems with the law. But I'm thinking Libertarian fantasies are a preserve of a certain subset of American Whites. Blacks actually know better.

Blacks don't believe in natural rights?

If you understand anything about statistics and infectious disease, you would know that of course cases of COVID-19 in the vaccinated would go up-but what about deaths there from COVID-19?

Are you actually claiming that the point of vaccinations isn't to decrease the number of cases, much less deaths? So vaccine efficacy isn't defined as the percentage reduction of disease cases as compared to the unvaccinated?

Ah the tyranny of the minority....

Right, because requiring a supermajority to place something off limits is "the tyranny of the minority." :roll:

Potemkin wrote:Do you believe in the death penalty for premeditated murder? If so, then you agree with the principle that the majority can decide that a small minority can be eradicated.

If you're talking about a small minority made up of torturers, cold-blooded murderers, and child rapists, why yes, I do believe that a majority can decide that that particular minority can be eradicated. In fact, I believe that justice requires it.
@Doug64 ;

On the crisis of over-production in a Capitalist society you said:

Clearly businesses are able to sell products and services, because they actually earn profits.

Over time, the things they have to do in order to earn those profits threaten the larger society itself, even the foundations of society. They earn ultimately illusory profits by means of Credit and Debt.

Belief in natural rights and self ownership is hardly just Libertarian, it's fundamental to any and all systems of belief in inherent human rights of any sort at all.

I simply do not believe in ''inherent human rights of any sort at all'' outside of the revealed teachings of God. That is, I do not believe in natural philosophy and thus by extension, natural politics.

Before you can make any such attempt, you first have to prove that that children aren't safe without masking or vaccinations, or any more dangerous to be around. Since all the evidence is that children aren't particularly at risk from the Wuhan virus, and adults around them can themselves be vaccinated, good luck with that.

The un-vaccinated child population among others are a reserve for the pandemic to continue to exist, and thus mutate into strains which diminish the effectiveness of the vaccines in general. Regardless of their own relative natural resistances.

Blacks don't believe in natural rights?

Most blacks I have ever known don't really believe in natural rights outside of those granted directly by God. I have never experienced a people more resistant to libertarian folly in America than black people, Slava Bogu...

Are you actually claiming that the point of vaccinations isn't to decrease the number of cases, much less deaths? So vaccine efficacy isn't defined as the percentage reduction of disease cases as compared to the unvaccinated?

Over time, this will be the situation (less deaths and cases), after more people are compelled by common sense, the public good, and actual force, to do the right thing for us all. It's the vaccines which are moving the statistics downwards gradually at this point at least.

Right, because requiring a supermajority to place something off limits is "the tyranny of the minority." :roll:

Actually, from a practical point of view, yes.
Doug64 wrote:If you're talking about a small minority made up of torturers, cold-blooded murderers, and child rapists, why yes, I do believe that a majority can decide that that particular minority can be eradicated. In fact, I believe that justice requires it.

Then we agree. :)
Potemkin wrote:Then we agree. :)

It makes no sense to agree.

If the majority denies people political rights, it ceases to be majority rule. The principle of who has those political rights must stand above any majority decision (or any supermajority decision for that matter).

You can argue murderers should have no political rights (for example), but you cannot say the majority can legitimately decide that.

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]