The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 197 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:I read your post, @Rugoz, and there was nothing resembling an argument in it.

My post about excess mortality:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=178554&start=3860#p15237181

It absolutely had an argument. Namely that excess mortality is the relevant statistic and that many countries did well in that regard. USA is not the measure of all things and nobody believes so except China shills in their psychotic episodes of whataboutism.

Besides, mortality among young people was particularly low during the pandemic, because the lockdown prevented young people from going out and getting killed in the process. Yet nobody wants an enternal lockdown because of that. There's always a trade-off between freedom and safety.

You have no argument that is relevant pertaining to how China is handling the pandemic, when you consider the extremely few deaths from Covid=19. All you do is present a definitive anti-China bias.

Nonsense. China did well for a long time but they totally didn't get the off-ramp while other countries with similar zero-Covid policy did.

Godstud wrote:I guess you can pretend that Amnesty International doesn't have a political bias...

Allegations of pro-Western bias
This includes non-Western governments claiming Amnesty is ideologically biased against them, such as those of the Democratic Republic of the Congo,[3] the People's Republic of China,[4] Vietnam,[5] and Russia[6] who have criticized Amnesty International for what they assert is one-sided reporting or a failure to treat threats to security as a mitigating factor. The actions of these governments—and of other governments critical of Amnesty International—have been the subject of human rights concerns voiced by Amnesty.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... ernational

:lol:

NGOs critical of the regime get banned in those countries, Western or not.
Last edited by Rugoz on 11 Jul 2022 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Yes, @late, if they have failed anywhere it is in not pushing vaccinations hard enough. They are comparable to USA on vaccines(mid 60%s), and that's nothing special.

Last year around this time, Thailand was moving comparatively slow and only had about 36% vaccinations, but by year end were over 70%.

China still refuses to approve Western mRNA vaccines. Biontech made a deal with Fosun 2 years ago can they still can't sell it in China. It's all stupid pride.
Rugoz wrote:China still refuses to approve Western mRNA vaccines.
So what? They've proven that the Chinese vaccines are effective. I posted what the CDC said about them, earlier in this thread. You want to ignore the reality that 3.4 billion of the vaccines out there are the Chinese ones.
Godstud wrote:So what? They've proven that the Chinese vaccines are effective. I posted what the CDC said about them, earlier in this thread. You want to ignore the reality that 3.4 billion of the vaccines out there are the Chinese ones.

They are less effective. E.g.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-ar ... login=true

They're developing their own mRNA vaccine, but of course they could import one in the meantime.
During a recent eye exam at Kaiser Permanente in Vacaville, California, I was required to keep my mask on. The ophthalmologist put tape along the upper part of my mask so I wouldn’t fog up the optical instruments used in the exam. (My eyes were fine.)

The infection rate in my county and statewide is about 15 percent although some experts think it may be higher because many people may not be reporting the results of in-home tests.

In the last six weeks or so, I took at-home tests twice after attending indoor events (a discussion group and supper at a restaurant) where I and others were not wearing masks. Both tests were negative.
I'll report because you are incapable of going back 2 page to read it, @Rugoz.
WHO, not CDC, but same thing, anyways.

June 22, 2022
The Sinovac-CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine: What you need to know
https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-s ... ed-to-know
I think it is time to let this thread die a natural death. I posted a request to change the name to something accurate but I guess the answer is no.

We need a thread that identifies the disease as what it is. Covid-19. Deliberately tweaking the Chinese for no reason is boorish.
The cognitives problems caused by severe COVID-19 are equal to losing 10 IQ points, or your brain aging from 50 to 70, says a team of scientists from the University of Cambridge and Imperial College London.
-- AARP Bulletin, July/August 2022
Drlee wrote:I think it is time to let this thread die a natural death. I posted a request to change the name to something accurate but I guess the answer is no.

We need a thread that identifies the disease as what it is. Covid-19. Deliberately tweaking the Chinese for no reason is boorish.

We need to focus on deliberately tweaking the Russians, so perhaps it's time to put this vaccine psy ops on hold for a bit while our oligarchs regroup and reshuffle.

Robert Urbanek wrote:The cognitives problems caused by severe COVID-19 are equal to losing 10 IQ points, or your brain aging from 50 to 70, says a team of scientists from the University of Cambridge and Imperial College London.
-- AARP Bulletin, July/August 2022

That cognitive decline... was visible in this very thread.
Rancid wrote:I heard @QatzelOk got vaccinated.

He injected himself with straight corporate greed right down his veins.
JohnRawls wrote:He injected himself with straight corporate greed right down his veins.

I was deciding between letting Pfizer inject me with chemicals, letting General Motors bombard me with media propaganda, or letting junk food enter my retinas through the illuminated backboards of a soccer game.

Which corporations to sell my body to?TM

**Turns on commercial media as a way of "asking my pimp"**
I am sorry that happened to you. The booster is very effective so far.

I hope you feel better soon.
Rancid wrote:I heard @QatzelOk got vaccinated.

I'm pretty sure he has mentioned teaching English in some capacity, obviously as a colonizer for his new king first and foremost, so he was likely required to get it.

Either way, I am proud of Qatz for advancing the English language.
The Western Librals claimed they cared so deeply about human life. They were lying. They showed virtually zero interest in vaccinating the rest of the world. I can't find the article I was reading but I believe COVID in the US has settled down to about a hundred thousand deaths a year. While some may whine on about this in the background, remember how these lying hypocrites said not a single COVID death was acceptable under Trump.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]