The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 131 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Doug64 wrote:Image

The person who drew that is a moron.

We are supposed to imagine that the gain of function that makes covid more dangerous to humans can only be done in a Chinese lab, even though we have more than one example of viruses mutating naturally to be more dangerous.

Apparently, you guys like authoritarian leaders.

But this is not an example of authoritarianism. It is an example of a workplace safety regulation designed to prevent viral transmission at the workplace.

Also, note that vaccination is not required by this regulation.

Also, another example of why at this point I could care less what Fauci has to say. A recent--and massive--study from Israel has been released, with these results:

Vaccines wear off. Does the study take into account when the vaccines and infections occurred?

If not, then it is confounding several important variables.

When Fauci was asked about the study on "Anderson Cooper 360," he not only essentially blew off the study but he outright lied about it, claiming that "[t]he one thing that paper from Israel didn't tell you is whether or not — as high as the protection is with natural infection — what's the durability compared to the durability of a vaccine?"

You seem to be so angry at Fauci that you did not even consider he has a point. Durability of protection wanes over time, as I said.

Also, here's a comprehensive report released by the ACLU back in 2008, on the proper civil right approach for handling a pandemic.

Trump should have read that. Then your side would not have caused as any problems as it did.
Doug64 wrote:https://twitter.com/weijia/status/1436049279643234307

Lol stfu you retard humping idiot.

Note: This was a classic "Senile POTUS takes questions in front of a helicopter so his answers don't come off as senile" shot, pioneered by the Reagan crew.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Note: This was a classic "Senile POTUS takes questions in front of a helicopter so his answers don't come off as senile" shot, pioneered by the Reagan crew.

Biden is already too far gone to do this effectively. Why can't you Democrats just admit he's suffering advancing dementia?

But hey even Obama did the helicopter crap, even though he didn't need to.
colliric wrote:Biden is already too far gone to do this effectively. Why can't you Democrats just admit he's suffering advancing dementia?

He suffers from a stammer if you didn't know. He is perfectly fine doing speeches but he carefully picks his words and will rephrase them so not to stutter. Given no one seems to talk about his stammer, clearly he does a good job at covering it up. The problem is you confuse that with him being senile. Trump was senile by the way. Can you remember him talking about injecting everyone with bleech. I do. Someone who is senile talks excessively about subjects the listener doesn't understand given lack of context in conversation. Nobody understood Trump and everyone understands Biden. Case closed.
Someone who is senile talks excessively about subjects the listener doesn't understand given lack of context in conversation.

.... You mean like talking about some dude called Cornpop?
I've been impressed.

He can deliver a speech without ranting about himself. Even his extemporaneous comments are usually nicely done.

He was never particularly articulate, but his emotional tone fits the era nicely. He gives a damn, which someone else we could talk about, did not.

Frankly, juvenile smears say a lot about you, not much about him..
colliric wrote:.... You mean like talking about some dude called Cornpop?

I mean when someone talks about injecting people with Bleech Colliric whilst the health advisor sits there having no clue how to respond to such ludicrousity.

As I said, Biden suffers from a stammer. He is able to articulate perfectly fine when giving out speeches. He doesn't waffle needless shit and do long pauses between points like Trump. Mainly because he heavily rehearses them to avoid key words. And to be able to do that requires a lot of concentration. And concentration isn't linked to being senile FYI.
colliric wrote:Biden is already too far gone to do this effectively. Why can't you Democrats just admit he's suffering advancing dementia?

But hey even Obama did the helicopter crap, even though he didn't need to.

Lol you looked at Trump, a man who once told the Boy Scouts about how he used to fuck hookers and do blow with his buddy on a yacht, and thought he made sense. That's how insanely partisan you are for a party in a country you don't even reside in, you immense weirdo.
Getting an experimental chemical in your bloodstream during a fake pandemic: It's all about loving Biden, being a leftist, caring about feminism, and rejecting the deplorables who destroyed Hillary's chances of bombing fresh countries.

It has zero to do with health. Friends of mine have gotten vaccines "so they can travel," and not "to protect me from a deadly disease with a vaccine that prevents me catching it." This is not a valid reason to get chemicals in your arm, by the way.

The West is in decline, and will soon be in an Economic Depression. Population reduction is definitely in the cards, so maybe this is phase 1.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Damn when will Republicans finally admit their leader is a soft brained idiot with dementia? Just listen to the man speak.

This quote by Trump proves that the mRNA doses are safe and effective.

They MUST be real vaccines, even though they don't prevent infection or contagion... because Trump said something dumb, and I'm a left-winger with identity politics feelings.
Yeah Qatz don't get vaxxed that will really show Exxon-Mobil and JP Morgan Chase & Co.

Risk your own health to put a dent into the quarterly earnings of companies that don't even make pharmaceutical goods and hurt them with what isn't even large enough to be a rounding error for their accountants. You'll show them.
Womp womp, another AM radio host in the ground.

The funniest thing is that somehow all of these guys are too stupid to get the grift. Everyone above them in the GOP hasn't just been vaccinated, they're on their 5th booster shot. They're out there telling every stupid dipshit that the vaccine is made of nanomachines that will turn your children gay and they're just too fucking stupid to understand that they're not supposed to consume the horse shit they feed the base. Incredible. Just incredibly powerful stupid energy from every one of these dead assholes, all of which deserve their moronic, preventable death.

Literally none of these guys contributed anything meaningful to society at all during their pointless lives and I'm glad they're dead because their bullshit probably got a lot of morons killed. Good riddance to stupid garbage people.
QatzelOk wrote:They MUST be real vaccines, even though they don't prevent infection or contagion
:roll: Stop spreading lies. Vaccines do prevent infection and reduce contagion.

COVID-19 vaccines are effective at protecting you from getting sick.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... nated.html

COVID-19 vaccines are effective at helping protect against severe disease and death from variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 currently circulating, including the Delta variant.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... oknow.html
Oh My Fucking God, Get the Fucking Vaccine Already, You Fucking Fucks
by Wendy Molyneux

Hi, if you are reading this essay then congratulations, you are still alive. And if you are alive, then you have either gotten the COVID-19 vaccine, or you still have the opportunity to get the vaccine against COVID-19. And holy fuck, if you aren’t fucking vaccinated against COVID-19, then you need to get fucking vaccinated right now. I mean, what the fuck? Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck.

The fucking vaccine will not make you magnetic. Are you fucking kidding me? It just fucking won’t. That’s not even a fucking thing, and that lady who tried to pretend the vaccine made her fucking magnetic looked like a real fucking fuckwad and a fucking idiot, so get fucking vaccinated. Jesus. Fuck.

The vaccine also doesn’t have a fucking 5G chip in it. What the fuck do you think a fucking 5G chip is, fucknuts? You think it’s like some invisible nanotechnology they can suspend in a liquid and then just put in your fucking blood and then it what, exactly? Fucking floats around in your body going on Instagram and telling the government you went to the grocery store? No one fucking cares where you go, you absolute fucking fuck-barf. Fuck off with that. Fuck.

Oh, you’re afraid of fucking side effects? Fuck you. You know what has fucking side effects? Fucking aspirin, fucking Tylenol. You could be fucking allergic to pineapple, you fucking fuckwit. Everything has side effects. You’re being a big fucking baby with a huge diaper full of fucking diarrhea, complaining about maybe feeling slightly tired for a day or two while your asymptomatic COVID case you get and pass to some innocent fucking kid could wind up killing them or someone else. Fuck you, you fucking selfish fucking shit-banana, you unredeemable ass-caterpillar, you fucking fuck-knob with two fucks for eyes and a literal poop where your heart should be. You want a two-month-old to wind up on a fucking ventilator instead of you, a fucking adult, getting a fucking sore arm for a day? What are you, a pitcher for the Yankees? A fucking concert pianist? An arm model? Get the fuck out of here! Fuck you. Get vaccinated. Fuck. Fuck you!

You think vaccines don’t fucking work? Oh, fuck off into the trash, you attention-seeking fuckworm-faced shitbutt. This isn’t even a point worth discussing, you fuck-o-rama fuck-stival of ignorance. Vaccines got rid of smallpox and polio and all the other disgusting diseases that used to kill off little fucks like you en masse. Your relatives got fucking vaccinated and let you live, and now here you are signing up to be killed by a fucking disease against which there is a ninety-nine-percent effective vaccine. You fucking moron. Go in the fucking ocean and fuck a piranha. Fuck. Fuck that. Fuck you. Get vaccinated.

Oh, you say you have a genuine allergy or medical condition that prevents you from receiving a fucking vaccine? That’s fine. I’m clearly not talking to you. I fucking love you. Fuck.

Look, if you have been forwarded this essay from a friend or loved one, then there are two possibilities. Either you are a normal, regular, sensible fucking person like me who got fucking vaccinated at the first possible moment, and this essay channels all your fucking rage and sadness and is therefore cathartic OR, and I really hope this isn’t the fucking case, you AREN’T fucking vaccinated, and someone sent it to you because you fucking fucking fuck, you need to get fucking vaccinated. And rather than being fucking offended that someone is trying yet again to get you to take the fucking vaccine, you should understand that someone fucking loves you enough to try one last motherfucking time to get you to take the fucking vaccine before you fuck off to heaven, or hell, or some in-between place that’s just like a fucking mall or something where everything is free, including and especially the soft pretzels. So, congratulations! There is ONE person remaining in your life who wants to fucking save you from drowning in your own fucking lungs, you fucking fuckshit fuckdick, so for god’s sake, get your fucking ass out of your chair, go to the fucking pharmacy, and get a fucking vaccine, you absolute conscienceless fucking fuck fuck fuck. Get it. Get the fucking vaccine. Fuck you. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. Fuck you. Fuck!

Loved this.
Vaccines work. To claim otherwise is to propagate a lie.

U.S. vaccination campaign prevented up to 279,000 COVID-19 deaths
“The vaccines have been strikingly successful in reducing the spread of the virus and saving hundreds of thousands of lives in the United States alone,” said lead author Alison Galvani, the Burnett and Stender Families Professor of Epidemiology and the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Modeling and Analysis at YSPH.

“Yet until a greater majority of Americans are vaccinated, many more people could still die from this virus. The danger is not over. Now is not the time to let down our guard,” she said.

The study is currently published by The Commonwealth Fund, a private foundation that promotes a more effective and equitable healthcare system.

The research team examined vaccinations and the pandemic’s trajectory from October 1, 2020, through July 1, 2021, accounting for the emergence of more contagious variants (Alpha, Gamma and Delta) in recent months. In their model, they also compared health trends with two hypothetical scenarios — one in which no vaccination program was administered and one in which only half as many daily vaccinations were given.

If only half as many vaccinations had been administered there would have been more than 120,000 additional deaths and 450,000 additional hospitalizations, according to the researchers.

As of July 2, the United States has administered more than 328 million COVID-19 vaccine doses and 67% of adults have received at least one dose, the researchers said. The number of cases, meanwhile, has fallen from over 300,000 per day at the pandemic’s peak in January to less than 20,000 daily in mid-June.

https://news.yale.edu/2021/07/08/us-vac ... -19-deaths
Yeah, late again.

@annatar1914, one thing I forgot to cover in my earlier response. While I might reject mandates on the ground of required virtue, I passed over your point about levels of hospitalization. There you have an argument that has real merit, but it is also one that doesn't support any nationwide mandates because of the variations from city to city, much less state to state.

Drlee wrote:I am pretty tired of this thread. It is pretty much a joke. Fun to point out that Doug's article also said this:

The results demonstrate that the apparent exhalation filtration efficiency is significantly lower than the ideal filtration efficiency of the mask material. Nevertheless, high-efficiency masks, such as the KN95, still offer substantially higher apparent filtration efficiencies (60% and 46% for R95 and KN95 masks, respectively) than the more commonly used cloth (10%) and surgical masks (12%), and therefore are still the recommended choice in mitigating airborne disease transmission indoors.

Ahem.

Yes, the cloth and surgical masks are essentially useless, while the masks that would actually have a significant impact are worn by almost no one and, so far as I know, not mandated anywhere ... perhaps because they are also more uncomfortable, especially over extended periods of time.

Meanwhile the red states continue to turn their backs on right-to-life arguments. It appears that it only applies to unborn babies. Killing your neighbor appears to be just fine with them.

You never have said whether you believe we should ban private ownership of motor vehicles, or shut down the schools every flu season. After all, if it saves a single life it's worth it, right? And again, all those neighbors need to do to protect themselves is to get vaccinated--their choice, their risk. If they choose not to, I am under no obligation to make additional efforts to protect them. That's very different from seeking to protect those who are entirely innocent and helpless to take any action of their own to protect themselves.

So, a poll covering President Biden*'s announcement of a vaccination mandate, and once again Democrats find themselves in the minority position. From Trafalgar Group:

Do you believe President Biden has the constitutional authority to force private businesses to require vaccine mandates for employees?

• No 58.6%
  • Yes 29.7%
  • Not Sure 11.7%

Republicans
  • No 83.5%
  • Yes 10.7%
  • Not Sure 5.8%

Independents
  • No 68.2%
  • Yes 21.0%
  • Not Sure 10.9%

Democrats
  • No 27.0%
  • Yes 54.9%
  • Not Sure 18.1%

Do you support the efforts of state governors to oppose Biden’s nationwide vaccine mandate on private businesses?

• Strongly Support 46.3%
  • Support 9.8%
  • Oppose 11.6%
  • Strongly Oppose 28.5%
  • No Opinion 3.8%

Republicans
  • Strongly Support 70.7%%
  • Support 7.8%
  • Oppose 5.5%
  • Strongly Oppose 13.1%
  • No Opinion 3.0%

Independents
  • Strongly Support 45.0%%
  • Support 17.3%
  • Oppose 11.0%
  • Strongly Oppose 22.6%
  • No Opinion 4.1%

Democrats
  • Strongly Support 23.3%%
  • Support 6.5%
  • Oppose 17.9%
  • Strongly Oppose 47.8%
  • No Opinion 4.5%

And for here's at least one prominent immunologist that regrets voting for Biden:

Prominent immunologist now regrets voting for Biden
A prominent immunologist has come out to admit that he now regrets voting for President Joe Biden in the 2020 election because of the administration's COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

Dr. Hooman Noorchashm has held positions at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and the Philadelphia VA Hospital, according to Drugwatch, a consumer advocacy organization of which Noorchashm is a contributor. Noorchashm has also assisted in acquiring grants from the National Institutes of Health, as well as "authored more than 65 articles, abstracts and reviews in peer-reviewed medical journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Immunology, Nature Medicine, American Journal of Transplantation, Critical Care Medicine, and Diabetes."

Noorchashm is a proponent of COVID-19 vaccines for those without natural immunity, and recently encouraged adults to "get vaxxed, if not immune." However, Noorchashm is sternly against COVID-19 vaccine mandates, especially for those who have "pre-established acquired immunity" to coronavirus.

Noorchashm is cited in a lawsuit arguing that Michigan State University's vaccine mandate should include an exemption for those who have COVID-19 antibodies. Jeanna Norris, a 37-year-old Michigan State administrative associate and fiscal officer, filed a lawsuit against the school claiming that she shouldn't need a vaccine because she contracted coronavirus in 2020 and recovered, and thus has natural immunity.

"I consulted with Dr. Hooman Noorchashm on August 21, 2021 and August 26, 2021 about receiving a vaccine in light of my natural immunity. Dr. Noorchashm advised me that immunization was medically unnecessary," Norris said in a declaration, WDIV-TV reported on Aug. 30.

Noorchashm slammed Biden's White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in late August for an "irrational focus on mandated vaccination, instead of immunity," which he claims causes harm by not promoting determination of medical necessity and vaccinating already immune individuals.

The last straw for Noorchashm came when Biden announced his sweeping vaccine mandate last Thursday.

"LET ME BE CLEAR @POTUS: To mandate vaccination of any COVID-recovered American against his/her will is unscientific, unethical and illegal," Noorchashm wrote on Twitter. "@WhiteHouse U have overstepped and are operating in dangerous territory when it comes to already immune Americans. Cease and desist!"

Noorchashm, who voted for Biden in the 2020 presidential election, instantly regretted helping the Democrat get into the White House.

"I voted for Biden....As a McCain republican. It was an error and I now regret it," the immunologist tweeted on Friday morning. "Last night's chest beating press conference by @POTUS was one of the most destructive and divisive speeches ever given by a US president who claims 2 B a well-reasoned uniter, acting on science."

There are multiple studies that point toward natural immunity being more robust than COVID-19 vaccinations.

Dr. Marty Makary, who also serves as a surgical oncologist and chief of the Johns Hopkins Islet Transplant Center and a professor at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, said in May that "natural immunity works."

Makary called the CDC's dismissal of natural immunity "one of the biggest failures of our current medical leadership," adding, "I never thought I'd say this, but please ignore the CDC guidance" if a person is vaccinated or has natural immunity.

Last week, Dr. Anthony Fauci was asked about a recent Israeli study that found natural immunity from previous COVID-19 infection provided longer-lasting protection against the Delta variant than two shots of the Pfizer vaccine. During his appearance on CNN, Fauci was questioned how he would respond to people who believe natural immunity is as effective or better than vaccines based on the new data.

Fauci, the White House's top adviser for the COVID-19 pandemic, responded, "I don't have a really firm answer for you on that."
@Doug64, you said ;

one thing I forgot to cover in my earlier response. While I might reject mandates on the ground of required virtue, I passed over your point about levels of hospitalization. There you have an argument that has real merit, but it is also one that doesn't support any nationwide mandates because of the variations from city to city, much less state to state.

So again, it comes back to two rather different views of what constitutes the ''common good'', social responsibility, and the role of government in the lives of individuals. Even noting ''variations from city to city'' and ''state to state'', you are as much affirming that entire swaths of the ''United States of America'' are not particularly very ''United'' at all. And yet, you and I are of the sort that believe in universal doctrines that apply to all men everywhere without question, right? But where is this universality?

See, the problem that the COVID-19 Pandemic exposed is that yet another Modern Era Ideology is on the rocks, classical liberalism of the kind that the American founding fathers espoused. This is also why I know COVID wasn't a ''Plandemic'' or any of that nonsense, btw. Shots fail to go into arms and the plague continues to kill thousands and thousands of people, because ''Liberty''.

But what if people have the wrong idea at the heart of the wild chaos that is the notion of ''Liberty''? What if people have perverted the idea of Liberty in dealing with it as a philosophical concept. Am I somehow a obnoxious renegade if I want to reduce this insanity of vaccine refusal to ''thou shalt not kill''? Or ''you shall love your neighbor as yourself''?

No, in insisting on that, on bringing the discussion down to that (or HIM, I should say...) that would probably expose the other tremendous fraud of American political ideology, that somehow It comes from Monotheism, has Christian roots. They say Communism of modern times is a Christian Heresy. I would say that American political philosophy is not even that.

What exactly is wrong? We know how many rockets w[…]

Leslie woman gets to the point. Lol. https:[…]

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]