The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 66 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15138333
Rancid wrote:Once the mask mandates are lifted. What will the anti-maskers say?


They'll go against the vaccines, even though it was the Trump Administration that put forwards ''Operation Warp Speed'' to hurry up vaccines in the first place.
#15138438
@annatar1914 The line for or against mask wearing is essentially (in America) not even a political divide, so much as it is a divide between a cult of personality and those outside that cult.


This is a good point. IF you separate Trump supporters from the set "all republicans" or "all white males" it is the Trump supporters who see not wearing a mask as (and don't you love co opting their pet phrase) " virtue signaling". Most reasonable people realize that it is preponderance of evidence supports the wearing of masks as protective.

What Doug's study did not articulate:

A UCSF study has forwarded research that mask wearing reduces the severity of infection in people who become infected and that mask wearing contributes in a good way to asymptomatic infections. They go on to offer that mask use might support a form of variolation that induces an immune response allowing a milder or even asymptomatic infection. And it is even more complicated than that (Doug) because these mildly ill or asymptomatic individuals then are obviously potential spreaders BUT spreaders whose mask wearing habits make them inherently less dangerous to others.

Up pops one study, aimed at the medical profession who are supposed to know how to put it into context but Fox News or some other contrarian publication gets it and away they go. The net result? Well the net result is that someone's grandmother (Doug) reads your post here, takes it at face value and dies of Covid a month before she would have gotten the vaccine that would have let her dance at her granddaughter's wedding. And dies alone gasping for breath without a family member to hold her hand as her exhausted body finally just gives up. Yea. Free speech. Right Doug? That's what is important. :roll:
#15138449
Rancid wrote:Jesus, we're still on the anti-mask shit?



Well when terrified little halfwits start going all nazi on everyone just to preserve their pathetic illusions of safety you have to push back or shit will go maximum retard. I'm happy to let it go any time these mindless little quim feel like coming off it.
#15138531
Sivad wrote:Dr. Roger Hodkinson, ex-Chairman of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Examination Committee in General Pathology in Ottawa, former Assistant Professor and now the CEO of a biotech company that manufactures Covid tests, tells Government officials in Alberta (on the Community and Public Services Committee) that the current coronavirus crisis is “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public”.

I saw this too, Sivad.

But many posters live in places where this kind of information is blocked.

A lot of "Homeland Security" laws were aimed at creating this kind of fascist "agitprop" campaign when the USA went bankrupt, as it has.

Talking about masks and not being able to meet in groups.... keeps us from organizing into something post-capitalist, as it is designed to.

As the masters tie our chains to posts and slip cones over our heads, the non-dogs are suffering something much deeper than the willing dogs among us.
#15138532
@QatzelOk The only gullible idiots are you guys thinking this is something authentic. it's more idiots making you buy into lies. One fringe lunatic says shit and you buy into it because it's what you want to believe, that's all.
#15138538
Godstud wrote:@QatzelOk The only gullible idiots are you guys thinking this is something authentic. it's more idiots making you buy into lies. One fringe lunatic says shit and you buy into it because it's what you want to believe, that's all.

A few hundred pages of fearporn ago, you said that you didn't have access to videos like this one.

Now I can see where the access is blocked - inside your own head. And your entire act of "following others" in their opinions and actions has already been debunked many years ago:

Erich Fromm wrote:“The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make these vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors to be truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same forms of mental pathology does not make these people sane.”
#15138575
The conspiracy theorists are loose again. And, as usual, dangerous. They cannot be excused as fools because the evidence is overwhelming. Sivad, Quatz et all want us to believe:

There is a vast conspiracy consisting of::

All Medical People.
Every government in the world.
Every college and university in the world.
Every scientist in the world
Every one of the 58,000,000 people who have mistaken the flu for this dreadful disease or are outright lying.
The 1,380,759 people who would have died anyway joined the fun and did it gasping for breath alone in an ICU.


And they want us all to believe @Sivad that they did this because.....well....tell us again why they did it.

No guys. I get the idea of being an internet troll. It is fun to see the reaction you get from people like Godstud and I. It makes you feel edgy and iconoclastic. It gives you a sense of power. If a few highly suggestible people get sick and die because they took seriously what they read in some obscure internet forum well that is just chlorine for the gene pool as they say.

I have lived a long time and have known some really hard cases in my time. You two are pikers. Wannabees. You don't make a pimple on the ass of a real bad guy. Just a couple of low self esteem incels who can't find any since Craigslist pulled the 'meet me in the park' ads.
#15138581
annatar1914 wrote:They'll go against the vaccines, even though it was the Trump Administration that put forwards ''Operation Warp Speed'' to hurry up vaccines in the first place.

The only ones I’ve seen talking down the vaccines are Democrats like Cuomo unhappy that it’s becoming available while Trump is still in office.
#15138593
The only ones I’ve seen talking down the vaccines are Democrats like Cuomo unhappy that it’s becoming available while Trump is still in office.


Except this is a lie and he never did it. It is though a popular notion with people who only read right wing sources.

Full interview shows Cuomo being critical of Trump's plan

Cuomo made a statement about the COVID-19 vaccine in a Nov. 9 "Good Morning America" interview. The full clip reveals he was discussing his fears about proper vaccine distribution, not his political preferences.

“The bad news is that it's about two months before Joe Biden takes over and that means this administration is going to be implementing a vaccine plan,” said Cuomo.

“The Trump administration is rolling out the vaccination plan and I believe it's flawed. I believe it learns nothing from the past,” he explained. “They're basically going to have the private providers do it and that's going to leave out all sorts of communities that were left out the first time when COVID ravaged them.”

Cuomo then said he believed President-elect Biden would implement a plan that would be more inclusive, science-driven and apolitical.


Plan. Only four letters Doug. To hard for you and the rest of the right wingnuts?

And he should be critical. First Trump's plan is not well developed. It has huge holes in it. The states are expected to implement it and have not been looped into the details. Further the fact that Trump is playing politics with the lives of every human in America should be a war crime. Not something about which to be proud.

But why should we be suspicious of a Trump plan? After all, so far on his watch we have only lost 250,000 people, the vast majority of whom died unnecessarily.
#15138599
Drlee wrote:The conspiracy theorists are loose again. And, as usual, dangerous.

Only under a fascist governance is "criticism and doubt" of government intent considered "dangerous."

Thanks for reminding us what kind of system is "trying to help us stay healthy." The one that destroyed the environment selling us shit we didn't need in the first place.
#15138606
@QatzelOk is just stupid enough to think that 250,000 Americans have died of "fear".

Callous, apathetic, and pathetic.
#15138609
I recently watched an interview with a nurse in the USA who was aghast at how many people died from Covid in her hospital while at then same time, asserting that Covid was a hoax with (literally) their dying breath.
#15138614
Godstud wrote:@QatzelOk is just stupid enough to think that 250,000 Americans have died of "fear".

Callous, apathetic, and pathetic.

My grandfather always told me to "not believe" anything rich people tell me.

Mass media = rich people

Being "a smart doggy" has never been something I wanted because I never loved money (treats).

(Also, many people are "so smart" that they don't realize the stock market crashed "just seconds before" Covid 19, or that Covid 19 was pre-planned by the World Economic Forum. I can't subscribe to this kind of stupidity no matter how hard you market it as "smartness.")
Last edited by QatzelOk on 21 Nov 2020 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
#15138615
Doug64 wrote:The only ones I’ve seen talking down the vaccines are Democrats like Cuomo unhappy that it’s becoming available while Trump is still in office.


I see lots of conservatives and libertarian types online who are anti-vaxxers in a universal sense as it is. Plus you have the concerns of Christians about how some of these medicines might be made.
#15138616
Pants-of-dog wrote:I recently watched an interview with a nurse in the USA who was aghast at how many people died from Covid in her hospital while at then same time, asserting that Covid was a hoax with (literally) their dying breath.


The said nurse in question is not a reliable testimonial from what I've heard, tracking down her story. Traveling nurses are often the ones who have trouble getting regular health care work and almost all I knew were absolute head cases.
#15138617
I'm starting to see a bit of where godstud is coming from now.

Perhaps he's right, and that it's smarter "to be stupid" right now because our elite are planning on killing all the smart people (again).

They have been doing this in colonies for centuries, so perhaps "being stupid" really is the smartest thing to do right now.

That is, if you want to live life controlled by a chip in your bloodstream and unable to leave your compound unless Microsoft tells you to.

Smart dogs choose the dog pound over the needle, I guess.
#15138621
Drlee wrote:This is a good point. IF you separate Trump supporters from the set "all republicans" or "all white males" it is the Trump supporters who see not wearing a mask as (and don't you love co opting their pet phrase) " virtue signaling". Most reasonable people realize that it is preponderance of evidence supports the wearing of masks as protective.

What Doug's study did not articulate:

A UCSF study has forwarded research that mask wearing reduces the severity of infection in people who become infected and that mask wearing contributes in a good way to asymptomatic infections. They go on to offer that mask use might support a form of variolation that induces an immune response allowing a milder or even asymptomatic infection. And it is even more complicated than that (Doug) because these mildly ill or asymptomatic individuals then are obviously potential spreaders BUT spreaders whose mask wearing habits make them inherently less dangerous to others.

Up pops one study, aimed at the medical profession who are supposed to know how to put it into context but Fox News or some other contrarian publication gets it and away they go. The net result? Well the net result is that someone's grandmother (Doug) reads your post here, takes it at face value and dies of Covid a month before she would have gotten the vaccine that would have let her dance at her granddaughter's wedding. And dies alone gasping for breath without a family member to hold her hand as her exhausted body finally just gives up. Yea. Free speech. Right Doug? That's what is important. :roll:


@Drlee , this is where my differences (despite being a ''social conservative'' among other things) with the Trump Administration and the GOP come into stark relief. This is not a time for a conspicuous display of Federalism and State's Rights, but a National Emergency which required and requires a National effort on the scale of WWII. Had President Trump seen that clearly, he'd have been re-elected easily (without getting into the question of electoral shenanigans) without question. Everywhere else, the Scientists and experts were listened to and other nations have had far fewer deaths than ours. Problem is not Trump really, but our culture which places a premium on hyper-individualistic ''rights'' instead of social duties...

And look at China now for example, Vietnam, South Korea-thousands of people doing just fine, maskless and returning to normal life after ''draconian'' lockdowns and mask mandates, among other measures.
#15138624
Any assertions that free speech should be curtailed and information suppressed because many people are biased, ill-informed, and/or stupid, is an assertion that free speech as a principle is a threat to society rather than a fundamental human right. Like the saying goes, “Governments love free speech when ‘free’ is defined as ‘responsible’ and ‘responsible’ is defined by the government.” Or these days, major corporations that have bought into the Leftist agenda wholesale and so set out to suppress the speech of those that disagree with them even though they are masquerading as platforms rather than publishers. There’s actually a case dealing with that currently on the Supreme Court’s docket, hopefully they’ll take it up.

annatar1914 wrote:I see lots of conservatives and libertarian types online who are anti-vaxxers in a universal sense as it is. Plus you have the concerns of Christians about how some of these medicines might be made.

Are there going to be hardcore Libertarians opposed to mandatory vaccinations? Sure. Are there going to be those that refuse these vaccinations as they do all others due to religious beliefs? Sure (and they should be allowed to do so on Free Exercise grounds, unless the government can show that we can’t reach herd immunity without them). But I haven’t seen any indication that these are anything but a tiny fringe. Meanwhile, the latest Gallup poll has 34% of the US declaring themselves to be Conservatives (which many of these varieties of anti-vaxxers wouldn’t) while Liberals came in at 26%. I would say that as a percentage of the plurality ideology, the numbers opposed to the vaccine can’t be described as “lots”—more like tiny.
  • 1
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • 68
  • 81
Election 2020

@annatar1914 @annatar1914 As long as we[…]

Wow. I am glad you are better. I will keep your […]

Wall Street suffered its sharpest daily decline in[…]

Saagar Enjeti: Wall Street Elites DESTROYED, Beate[…]