The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 49 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So you decided to go with one outrageous guess. Got it. Then you ignored all of the other estimates from reliable sources including right wing ones. Got it. Are you sure you are not a Sivad parrot account?

Let's highlight something from you post. I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part to omit it:

The researchers also noted if the undocumented population is twice as high as previous estimates, that means the incidence of criminality among undocumented immigrants is half as high as previously reported.

"You have the same number of crimes but now spread over twice as many people as was believed before, which right away means that the crime rate among undocumented immigrants is essentially half whatever was previously believed," said Kaplan.

Which is already very low. So assume your number is true just for a moment. And I don't by the way. This would mean that the impact on US jobs is much less than assumed. The consumption of services is much less than assumed. The number of people paying into social security without being eligible to ever get a cent of it back is double what we thought. You really need to think through stuff before you make everyone else's point for them.

:roll:
Rancid wrote:For those of you that have kids, how many of you are sending your kids to school in person?

When we can. One child confirmed case in class and they come back home for 10 days. :lol:

On a lighter note, anyone watched the South Park pandemic special?
B0ycey wrote:Indeed and accurate. :up:

After living here for 3 years, I find it scary how accurate they can be. And how they can foreshadow some of the stuff to come, just see the first 3 episodes of season 19 (broadcasted in 2015) and you can understand why was Trump elected.
wat0n wrote:After living here for 3 years, I find it scary how accurate they can be. And how they can foreshadow some of the stuff to come, just see the first 3 episodes of season 19 (broadcasted in 2015) and you can understand why was Trump elected.

I wouldnt worry. Trump is no more. Biden will give America some credibility again but I expect he is another corporate stooge.

But as for South Park satire of human behaviour is very easy when it is so universally obtuse.
Drlee wrote:So you decided to go with one outrageous guess. Got it. Then you ignored all of the other estimates from reliable sources including right wing ones. Got it. Are you sure you are not a Sivad parrot account?

Let's highlight something from you post. I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part to omit it:

Which is already very low. So assume your number is true just for a moment. And I don't by the way. This would mean that the impact on US jobs is much less than assumed. The consumption of services is much less than assumed. The number of people paying into social security without being eligible to ever get a cent of it back is double what we thought. You really need to think through stuff before you make everyone else's point for them.

:roll:

[rule 2 insult deleted - Prosthetic Conscience]

No I decided to go with what Yale and MIT said after you claim they are the "smart" people. You offered nothing really. How many illegals are there then and provide your sources? You claim it is an absolute number but you fail to notice in just about every article the estimates are just that guesses. The rest is off topic because we were discussing single payer universal healthcare.
Last edited by Finfinder on 12 Oct 2020 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, but "alarming adjectives per sentence" remain as vital as ever.

Qatz, man, you come up with some of the best lines ever. I can't brook your bullshit on noble savages and gulagism but you're still awesome in my book.
B0ycey wrote:I wouldnt worry. Trump is no more. Biden will give America some credibility again but I expect he is another corporate stooge.

But as for South Park satire of human behaviour is very easy when it is so universally obtuse.

I think you should watch those 3 episodes. The issues in those 3 episodes have not been solved and the meta-issue underpinning all 3 of them hasn't been solved either (in fact I'd say it's gotten worse). This doesn't mean Trump will win, but it should be a cause for concern.
wat0n wrote:I think you should watch those 3 episodes. The issues in those 3 episodes have not been solved and the meta-issue underpinning all 3 of them hasn't been solved either (in fact I'd say it's gotten worse). This doesn't mean Trump will win, but it should be a cause for concern.

And which three episodes are they?

Although on PoFo there seems to be some notion that Trump can pull this off but everytime I look at the polls it is even worse for Trump than the one prior. :lol:

Besides, fear will just make more people vote so I don't mind the negativity.
B0ycey wrote:And which three episodes are they?

Although on PoFo there seems to be some notion that Trump can pull this off but everytime I look at the polls it is even worse for Trump than the one prior. :lol:

Besides, fear will just make more people vote so I don't mind the negativity.

Look for S19E01 to S19E03. The first episode is when they introduce PC Principal.
wat0n wrote:Look for S19E01 to S19E03. The first episode is when they introduce PC Principal.

Sorry what I really mean is what happens in them for you to believe Trump can or has the chance to pull this off? I live in the UK so I am fully aware of populism although I would say once reality settles in like what has happened with Trump in regards to Covid that people will return to their senses as is being shown by the polls.
B0ycey wrote:When we can. One child confirmed case in class and they come back home for 10 days. :lol:

They are not doing that here. if kid comes down with it, they just send the kid home. The rest of the class is allowed to go on.

They are running these fogger disinfectors in all the classrooms. I wonder if that's good for their health? :?:
Rancid wrote:They are running these fogger disinfectors in all the classrooms. I wonder if that's good for their health? :?:

Sounds as safe as injecting bleach Rancid. But I am no expert on these things that I haven't seen or heard before. But what I will say is education is important and it is up to parents to decide if an incredibly low risk group like school children should be denied this for very little gain to them. In the UK at least most people are sending their school children in despite everything and the UK government are keen they do so despite their new BS three tier lockdown system they brought in today.
B0ycey wrote:Sorry what I really mean is what happens in them for you to believe Trump can or has the chance to pull this off? I live in the UK so I am fully aware of populism although I would say once reality settles in like what has happened with Trump in regards to Covid that people will return to their senses as is being shown by the polls.

It depends on who can mobilize their voting base most, and I guess it may also depend on how many people have already voted by mail, what's going on with the pandemic in 3 weeks from now, how results turn out in each State (Hillary won the popular vote in 2016 after all), etc. I think this election can plausibly go either way.
wat0n wrote:It depends on who can mobilize their voting base most, and I guess it may also depend on how many people have already voted by mail, what's going on with the pandemic in 3 weeks from now, how results turn out in each State (Hillary won the popular vote in 2016 after all), etc. I think this election can plausibly go either way.

Do you think Trump can take Florida? Not to mention he needs most of the key states where he is polling down.

I am pretty damn sure he will lose this massively, but in many ways I am glad people think this is on a knife edge. Compliancy is perhaps Trumps only path to victory and if PoFo is any indicator that shouldn't be a factor in November.
B0ycey wrote:Do you think Trump can take Florida? Not to mention he needs most of the key states where he is polling down.

I am pretty damn sure he will lose this massively, but in many ways I am glad people think this is on a knife edge. Compliancy is perhaps Trumps only path to victory and if PoFo is any indicator that shouldn't be a factor in November.

I don't know. But polls are not that far away in some of those States the last time I checked - I would not take a Biden win as a foregone conclusion.
B0ycey wrote:Do you think Trump can take Florida? Not to mention he needs most of the key states where he is polling down.

Maybe. My wife's parents live in Florida. her dad voted for Trump last time, and this time is voting for Biden.
Rancid wrote:Maybe. My wife's parents live in Florida. her dad voted for Trump last time, and this time is voting for Biden.

They have also changed who is eligible to vote and is a state hit hard by Covid. But even if he did win Florida, which he needs for any chance at all, he also has other states that are blue to change red too.
So it comes to this.

The degree of vituperation in our political comme[…]

Well economies have forever been changing, and ye[…]

Activists Confront Officers As They Evict Squatter[…]

This is copied and pasted from what source? Is i[…]