Deadly Fungi - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Stevex
Deadly Fungi Are the Newest Emerging Microbe Threat All Over the World

These pathogens already kill 1.6 million people every year, and we have few defenses against them.

<snip>

It resisted treatment by most of the few drugs that could be used against it. It thrived on cold hard surfaces and laughed at cleaning chemicals; some hospitals where it landed had to rip out equipment and walls to defeat it. It caused fast-spreading outbreaks and killed up to two thirds of the people who contracted it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... g2NjM4NwS2
By Potemkin
Gardener wrote:It's a serous issue that could mushroom out of control ! :p

Fungi are more than just mushrooms, just as animals are more than just birds. Fungi are an entire kingdom of living organisms, along with the plants and the animals. And yes, they are a serious threat.
By Tainari88
Potemkin wrote:Fungi are more than just mushrooms, just as animals are more than just birds. Fungi are an entire kingdom of living organisms, along with the plants and the animals. And yes, they are a serious threat.

They are a serious threat to your palate because you don't like eating mushrooms. You anti fungi eating man!

;)
By Potemkin
Tainari88 wrote:They are a serious threat to your palate because you don't like eating mushrooms. You anti fungi eating man!

;)

The fungi are more closely related to animals than they are to plants. To me, that's just creepy.... :eh:
By Gardener
Potemkin wrote:The fungi are more closely related to animals than they are to plants. To me, that's just creepy.... :eh:

Nevertheless, it explains some people :p
By Rancid
Gardener wrote:They already have; they're called Critical Race Theory professors :p

ZING!
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

@FiveofSwords is unable to provide a scientific […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]