Texas Six Week Abortion Law - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
B0ycey wrote:
Well I agree they both have been political, but they are more a side issues in who people vote for. What you now have is a Democrat President going against a Republican SCOTUS and a Republican Governor. It is also during a time that Afghanistan is the main news. I suspect it is a deflection tactic to shoo up Democrat support. Or perhaps to gain a few swing voters in the Mid Term. But what it will also do is piss off Republicans and make them defend this policy with all their might. We haven't heard the last of this. And it certainly has nothing to do with abortions now.

I disagree, they were not more of side issues. You're not in the US, but Gun and babies are always in the news. Local and national news. ESPECIALLY here in Texas. Many conservatives pin their life identities in exactly being anti-abortion and/or pro-gun in fact. I know many people that vote SOLELY on the abortion issue. That is to say, the only reason some people vote republican is JUST because of abortion, NOTHING ELSE. This has been true for decades. In their defense, most people vote on one, maybe two things, and that's it.

Republicans were going to defend it with all their might anyway. They have to in order to keep their evangelical base fired up (again this issue was never a side issue for republicans). This issue has been at the forefront of Texas politics for years. It's just bubbled up to the national level because the Republicans finally found something they could make stick. I live here, abortion (and guns) is talked about in the local news and politics weekly. That issue never went away in Texas; it has always been super polar. I would say it's a mistake to think the issue was somehow less polar or forgotten or mellowed.

As for Biden politicizing this. Well, yea... it's fucking abortion, that is par for the course in the US. I'm not really understanding your amazement here. This all looks like mostly standard American politics to me. Almost a breath of fresh air after Trumpski.

As for going "against" the SCOTUS, that's not exactly what he's proposed to do. He's going to find ways to pull levers that might make Texas think twice about keeping this law on the books. He probably can't do much though. He can't magically make that law disappear afterall. Further, there is still room to challenge the constitutionality of this law, so it can still be struck down if it bubbles up again to the SCOTUS. For the moment, practically speaking, what the SCOTUS has done is basically make abortion a mostly state level issue now. What this means is that now democrats are going to have to fight to make abortion legal at each individual state instead of relying on the SCOTUS previous decision on Roe V Wade as a safety blanket. The battle has been decentralized basically. The other two options are bubble up a challenge to the SCOTUS on constitutional grounds and hope it gets struck down, or pass federal legislation that restricts the states (would probably get challenged with all sorts of law suits too). The best bet right now, is to get voters in Texas to demand this law be removed.

Texas is turning purple, so it's very possible that in the next decade or two, this law will be repealed. In the meantime, lots of people are going to get stuck with babies they don't want, and lots of kids are going to go through a broken foster system.
B0ycey wrote:
Well an opinion is about as subjective as one thing can be @late. And whether abortion should be legal or not is an opinion. :roll:

Legal arguments have to be based on fact, and religious arguments are expressly forbidden.

The abortion kooks fail both criteria.

In addition, the kooks on the Supreme Court are not doing their job:

"“Presented with an application to enjoin a flagrantly unconstitutional law engineered to prohibit women from exercising their constitutional rights and evade judicial scrutiny, a majority of Justices have opted to bury their heads in the sand,” wrote Justice Sonia Sotomayor, joined by Justices Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan.

Calling the Texas law “patently” and “obviously” unconstitutional, Kagan went further, skewering the Supreme Court’s “shadow-docket” decisions ― a term that refers to decisions the court makes by simple orders based on relatively limited information, instead of after hearing full briefings and oral arguments.

The Supreme Court “has reviewed only the most cursory party submissions, and then only hastily. And it barely bothers to explain its conclusion,” Kagan wrote in a dissent joined by Breyer and Sotomayor. “The majority’s decision is emblematic of too much of this Court’s shadowdocket decisionmaking — which every day becomes more un-reasoned, inconsistent, and impossible to defend.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sotomayor-kagan-supreme-court-dissent-texas-abortion-ban_n_6130d37be4b0f1b9705da5e3
Some women will have to leave Texastan, so they can have the same rights as women in other parts of USA.
@Rancid , you said;

Texas is turning purple, so it's very possible that in the next decade or two, this law will be repealed. In the meantime, lots of people are going to get stuck with babies they don't want, and lots of kids are going to go through a broken foster system.

It would be so much better to really abuse children and deny them a post-birth existence at all, I think. Hell, we should help out rich people and sell them products from the aborted fetuses bodies, so that the older people can live even longer more important and convenient lives than others. And related to that, Abortion reduces the numbers of the poor and the genetically inferior, which makes everyone's lives happier; those who continue to live, that is. :roll:
annatar1914 wrote:
@Rancid , you said;

It would be so much better to really abuse children and deny them a post-birth existence at all, I think.

Non-existence = abuse somehow, or, rather, non-existence = non-abuse, as it were.

annatar1914 wrote:
Hell, we should help out rich people and sell them products from the aborted fetuses bodies, so that the older people can live even longer more important and convenient lives than others.

It's called 'stem cells', bro -- could come from *your own* body, so no horror movies here.

annatar1914 wrote:
And related to that, Abortion reduces the numbers of the poor and the genetically inferior, which makes everyone's lives happier; those who continue to live, that is. :roll:

Um, this is how you think abortions are done -- ?
Rancid has it spot on. At least for Texas and soon to be California and Arizona.

Short of turning military bases into abortion mills this is over in Texas.

Roe V. Wade is over also. With this decision it became a moot point. If a woman has to have an abortion before 6 weeks she really has no right to abortion. Very few women know for certain that they are pregnant by 6 weeks.

Some might argue that may women will have abortions because they do not have time to plan to keep the baby. That is nonsense.

I do not see women in the streets in Texas or anywhere else. I can only conclude that they really don't care. Republicans are going to love the huge spike in minority births and the resulting vast increase in welfare payments. Just imagine what the prenatal care will cost Texas alone. Then there are the doctors and other health professionals who will leave the state. And, of course, Texas is jut the point of the spear. There are a dozen or more states with even more draconian abortion laws on the books or in the works.

But I have always said that this is a woman's issue. I do not have a dog in the fight. If they want reproductive rights they can have them at the snap of a finger. But they won't. Women don't really care much. And even if they did they are worse than democrats at getting things done.

This does tell men something about hiring women though. Probably best not to hire a woman who would be required to exercise leadership or make hard decisions. They seem simply not to be up to it.

Nothing would make me happier than to see large numbers of women ACT in protest. What could they do in the near term? Take to the streets. Refuse to attend any events, or vacation in Texas. Refuse to buy anything made in Texas. But the problem is that Texas won't care. Until large companies refuse to sell into Texas or move their factories and other facilities out nothing will be done.

But enough talk of Roe V. Wade. It ended with this decision. This is the equivalent of a decision saying the second amendment stands but states can limit guns to single shot 22's over four feet long.

By the way. When my party takes control in 2022, look for privatized Social Security, the end to Obamacare and federal gun possession rights. Taxes will be low though.
@Drlee
Why do you consider this a women's issue? Many women are anti-abortion, just like many women were anti-ERA and anti-equality in general. Mothers all over the world instill patriarchal values in their daughters when they teach them how to dress, act and speak modestly.
Politics_Observer wrote:Texas women that are able to will simply travel out of state to have an abortion if they want one.
So yet another law that victimizes the poor, AND woman. Fuck Texas, and the shit-heeled amoral cunts who think making abortion illegal is a solution to anything.

Legalize abortion. It should be between a woman and her doctor. End of story.

Canada did it right.
Abortion clinics have led to millions of excess black babies being aborted. It's a very effective form of population control. Texas simply wants to reverse this and incite a minority population boom so it can staff its prisons with unpaid labor forces. Slavery is HIGHLY lucrative and poor single mother households that produce many sons are a guaranteed convict slave market due to very high incidence of crime. Any excess daughters can then start their own household slave factories. Texas aims to replicate African population growths in high impulse poor demographic segments, those prison industries won't run themselves.

I see what you doing. :) Very ruthless, admire the evil profiteering if nothing else. Cheeky sick bastards. Only in America.
Godstud wrote:Canada did it right.

Canada looks to be making the right decision in other matters soon, if I read the polling correctly.

Looks like the first anti-authoritarian Covid-themed election Wipeout is incoming.

I guess Canadians aren't happy with the woke crap he's been putting out anymore. Plus Afganistan of course, certainly part of the issue right? Probably a shitload of pissed off maple lovers over that disaster right?
@colliric your ignorance of Canadian politics is absolutely hilarious!! Trudeau is calling an election 2 years early because he thinks he can WIN. The federal government has done a very good job during this pandemic and I think he seeks to cash in on that.

Canadian armed forces left Afghanistan in 2014. There is no Canadian Afghanistan disaster.
Godstud wrote:Canadian armed forces left Afghanistan in 2014. There is no Canadian Afghanistan disaster.

Yes you left at the same time as us for the same exact reasons. Now can you tell that other user in that thread that said "it's a loss for Australia" how wrong he is please, it's entirely the US's fault.
colliric wrote:Canada looks to be making the right decision in other matters soon, if I read the polling correctly.

Looks like the first anti-authoritarian Covid-themed election Wipeout is incoming.

I guess Canadians aren't happy with the woke crap he's been putting out anymore. Plus Afganistan of course, certainly part of the issue right? Probably a shitload of pissed off maple lovers over that disaster right?

In terms of abortion, Canadian conservatives also support abortion for any reason at any stage of the pregnancy.

In Texas, on the other hand, the culture war is particularly divisive on this point, so I assume this gambit is supported only by conservatives.

More importantly, the SCOTUS declined to look at this case because it does not require state actors to enforce anti-abortion laws.

It would be like passing a law saying I can sue you for not being vaccinated, and then having it be legal because the state is not enforcing vaccination.
@colliric I didn't notice anyone saying that Afghanistan was an Australian disaster. I guess, seeing as they left when Canada did, that it's laughable.

As for abortion. I agree with Canada leaving it to the doctor and patient, and not to the beliefs of others.
ckaihatsu wrote:Reporters praise Psaki for snapping at religious reporter for their question about abortion.

Asking questions about Biden's religious convictions is a genuine question.

Such a rude bitch.

Celebrating rudeness and lack of manners. Rampant Misandry everywhere these days.

Can we get women to shut up and not comment about Testosterone based issues? No, because it affects them in Domestic Violence and related mental health issues.

Male grief over the loss of a child, however... . FUCK YOU IT'S A WOMAN'S CHOICE TO KILL YOUR UNBORN KID WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION OR FORE-KNOWLEDGE. DON'T YOU DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT! YOU ANTI-WOMAN PERSON! GO KILL YOURSELF!

Oh and if you don't want it, but she does..... PAY HER THROUGH THE TEETH!

Next time a woman complains about Toxic Masculinity, we are now free to shout her down with "Have you ever suffered from Testosterone induced rage and had to stop yourself from turning into the Hulk? No? So you don't know how difficult it is to return to being calm? Then shut the fuck up!"

Mansplaning is now back on fellas, Psaki just did the women's version. So it's only fair.
Last edited by colliric on 03 Sep 2021 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
colliric wrote:

Your sexist rant aside, Psaki was correct to indicate that the question was inappropriate, implying that Biden was acting in a *professional* capacity and that his own beliefs are his own business, as for anyone.
colliric wrote:

Asking questions about Biden's religious convictions

I'll add that this is the modus-operandi of the right-wing -- they simply invert *scale*, to 'politicize' that which is personal, as here, and they also 'personalize' that which is political, as though a person's own person / personality could be so identity-labeled according to their politics alone.

‭History, Macro-Micro -- politics-logistics-lifestyle

Spoiler: show
ckaihatsu wrote:Your sexist rant aside, Psaki was correct to indicate that the question was inappropriate, implying that Biden was acting in a *professional* capacity and that his own beliefs are his own business, as for anyone.

No it was not inappropriate. Many Catholics are calling on the Church to ex-communicate him, and clarifying his position on abortion is needed as a result.

EWTN asked that valid question on behalf of many of their viewers, since many in their audience wanted them to ask it.

I apologize for my previous post, but obviously it's a men only issue. Since it's only men that suffer from Testosterone related uncontrollable emotionality and obviously had an outburst there. No comments from you because "it's a man's issue" so you can't comment on it anymore since you just defended Psaki "women's stuff so shut the fuck up" position.

Let me put it more succinct. Psaki is a misandric hypocrite, and if she was a male, that would have been criticized endlessly as "mansplaning sexism".
Last edited by colliric on 03 Sep 2021 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

I was quite explicit that the words are not by the[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

You're funny. https://www.amazon.co[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]