Vaccine's protection against infection may wane in just months - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The protection Pfizer's Covid vaccine offers against being infected by the virus may begin waning in just a matter of months (perhaps around as little as two months).

After about 5 to 7 months, Pfizer's vaccine effectiveness appeared to be only around around 20%. Though it might actually be lower than that, since only about a third of the infections were diagnosed "on the basis of symptoms", which suggested that silent asymptomatic infections were more common.

Pfizer Protection Against COVID Infection Wanes, Still Prevents Death: Studies (insider.com)
https://www.insider.com/pfizer-covid-19 ... hs-2021-10

This really begs the question of whether forcing and coercing people to take these vaccines is really justified. If it's not preventing infection and the spread of the virus very much, what's the point? In that case it should be more of an individual decision.

They say the vaccine can still offer some protection against needing to be hospitalized after that, and that this type of protection begins waning after about 6 months.

"Protection against asymptomatic infection diminished more quickly than that against symptomatic infection, as would be expected in a vaccine that prevents symptoms," the researchers in Qatar said. "These findings suggest that a large proportion of the vaccinated population could lose its protection against infection in the coming months."
Pants-of-dog wrote:Most studies seem to indicate that natural immunity through infection is even worse when it comes to the durability of the protection against infection.

:lol: Says the person who demands evidence for everything. From what I've seen protection from getting it is thirteen times more effective than than the vaccines. The international Liberal lie machine has been trying to push the lie that natural immunity is ineffective since the beginning. Liberals even on this forum were demanding mandatory vaccines, before they even existed. This was never about science it was an ideology driven hate campaign against individual freedom, in alliance with the terrifying power of the pharmaceutical-sickness industrial complex.

This hatred of freedom might seem a bit odd at first sight but is actually a common human response. For example a lot of conservatives / right wingers hate the freedom that the pill gave to women, they absolutely hate it. The Texas abortion law is a product of their hatred. So hate fuelled ideology is not something that's confined to the left. Another example of hated is the demand for torture of Arabs, Pakistanis and other foreigners after 9/11. I remember we had to endure all these right wing tossers mouthing off about their ridiculous ticking nuclear bomb scenarios.

9/11 was God's gift to the right. Covid has been God's gift to the left, at least in the US and Britain, or at least President Xi's give to the left, Xi being the closest thing to a God in the world today. The power of hate, combined with the power of fear, combined with the immense socio-economic power of the pharmaceutical-sickness industrial complex proved a toxic mix. Hopefully at some point the Lockdown Liberals will overreach and there will be a back lash. But 9/11 teaches us that could take quite some time. Remember W.Bush still won the 2004 Presidential election 3 years later on the back of 9/11. The only time the Republicans have won the popular vote in a Presidential election since 1988.
Last edited by Rich on 10 Oct 2021 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Puffer Fish wrote:The protection Pfizer's Covid vaccine offers against being infected by the virus may begin waning in just a matter of months (perhaps around as little as two months)

Not something to be loathed at really.
1. Flu vaccines need to be renewed every year or, in some cases, twice a years.
2. I never think the Wuhan pneumonia virus vaccines are mature enough.

As I said in the poll, the only reason that I take it is when I have to -- i.e. I will be punished if I don't.
(And yes, I am already forced to take one because the penalty scheme has been announced)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]