How I keep my Immune System Strong - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
If you think it's smart not being vaccinated against preventable diseases, then you're a fool.

You can have a healthy diet and good vitamins and STILL get diseases. Healthy people have died from Covid , as well as those with poor health.

Masks are what smart people use to avoid infection and prevent it. It's also a sign of whether you're an asshole or not, if others are wearing one and you aren't. I can see why you wouldn't use one. :knife:
Oh boy.
Your post is more of a silly political statement than a real commentary on geriatric health.
For starters, vitamin supplementation on people that are not deficient has not been shown to be beneficial and depending on the vitamin, it can be dangerous. It is hard to overdose on vitamin C, however, you can very well take too much vitamin D which can lead to hypercalcemia because vitamin D is important on the homeostasis of calcium levels in the blood. Too much vitamin D can lead to hypercalcemia, which in turn, if severe enough can cause dehydration, kidney failure, kidney stones, nerve conduction problems, cardiac arrhythmias, seizures.

Then there is the issue of where are you getting these supplements from. Unlike medications, the vitamins/supplement market is not well regulated and dosages might not necessarily be accurate. Furthermore, there are multivitamin formulations that if you don't pay close attention, you could end up getting repeated dosages on multiple pills and overdosing yourself.

This is not just theoretical. I have seen it happen countless time. Grandma-and grandpa comes to the office complaining of abdominal pain. What meds you take? ... silence... just the blood pressure pill, that's all... Ok fine... what vitamins you take? oh... many! I take men's 50, vitamin D, C, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, A, and a dozen different other supplements. Check some labworks and Calcium comes at 13 and patient needs to go to the hospital to lower it before he gets a deadly arrhythmia or some other complication.

A healthy diet which is balanced in addition to exercise is all is needed if otherwise there are no underlying medical conditions. Sometimes, on people that don't get enough exposure to sun and/or dark pigmented skin, there can be some deficiency on Vit D, but apart from this... it is rare for people in western countries to have deficiencies if they have any sort of reasonable balanced diet.

You are 83, so that means you have the feeble body of an 83. Ignoring vaccines is foolish like other people have stated.
On the other hand, you are 83, and the mind of an 83 is stubborn so I won't be changing it. I only wish you good luck.
I have an 83 yr old body, which is healthy

and pretty strong. Damage from hip replacement

over 10 yrs and that's another story.... Body is so messed from

beiing cut up but it was the thing to do at the time, do I have regrets

Yes, I do. And I also feel strongly that many older folks who died with covid

could be alive today if they had sufficient Vit D in their bodies. The Plain Truth.

I have been my own health advocate for about 30 yrs, most older folks are watching tv and

biden gang.
@jaminhealth Please link the relevant scientific research showing that Vitamin D prevents Covid-19, in any significant way.

What you "feel" is irrelevant. The facts do not support your opinion.

You assume that people are all Americans, and that political bias has anything to do with a disease.
Please provide evidence that vitamin D is an important factor in preventing Covid-19.

Vitamin D
Vitamin D is both a nutrient we eat and a hormone our bodies make. It is a fat-soluble vitamin that has long been known to help the body absorb and retain calcium and phosphorus; both are critical for building bone. Also, laboratory studies show that vitamin D can reduce cancer cell growth, help control infections and reduce inflammation.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritions ... flammation.

As you can see, it doesn't actually PREVENT disease.

The claim that people are deficient in Vitamin D is not a worldwide phenomenon. It is also something that medical professionals have not been saying is a significant factor in Covid-19 cases.

If you are going to make up bullshit about something you know nothing about, at least try to research what you are saying, so you don't come off as a complete nutter.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]