Christian Conservative here. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
Hello,

I am a far-right Conservative from the United States. I believe that the US Constitution and the Bible are the most important documents to look at when it comes to how the United States should be governed. However I am willing to have civil conversation with people regardless of political ideology here.
Philby wrote:Welcome!

How do you think about the rest of the world?

I believe that every country has a right to govern themselves in a civilized manner. However every nation should adopt Democracy and The Bible as fundamental parts of their nation
However every nation should adopt Democracy and The Bible as fundamental parts of their nation.
:eh: That's a shame. Welcome, anyhow.

The Bible is an amusing book of fiction. I cannot agree with you on it being a basis for any functioning progressive modern society, however.
Hi, and welcome to the forum. It's true of course that the Bible and the Constitution are important documents towards understanding American culture, but you seem unaware that the same is not true for much of the rest of the world. For example, if someone were to say they think the Quran should be adopted as a guiding document on how to run American society, they would be horribly ignorant of American history, culture, law, and its society. It is equally ignorant to say the same about imposing beliefs on other societies since that cannot be done without ignoring their own history and culture.

Feel free to peruse the forum rules; your avatar must be black and white.
Welcome. Try not to disgrace Christians by making Christianity about guns.
Welcome to POFO. And here is an example of what it is really like on this forum.

Godstud wrote::eh: That's a shame. Welcome, anyhow.

The Bible Koran is an amusing book of fiction. I cannot agree with you on it being a basis for any functioning progressive modern society, however.

Count down for agro response to exposed hypocrisy. 3...2....1....

Decky wrote:A real Christian or a Protestant heretic?

Welcome nonetheless.

It’s OK Decky. I have a hunch he is Orthodox.

Drlee wrote:Welcome. Try not to disgrace Christians by making Christianity about guns.

So true! Christianity has always been about the sword.
The Koran is also an amusing book of fiction. You are conflating people's distaste for people who hate Muslims with people actually thinking the Koran is true.
foxdemon wrote:Count down for agro response to exposed hypocrisy
:lol: Quran and Bible are both dangerous fiction(amusing was the wrong word). I hold both in high disregard, as they are simply both just tools for controlling the population, and intolerance for other beliefs, or lack thereof, is rife.
mikema63 wrote:The Koran Mein Kampf is also an amusing book of fiction. You are conflating people's distaste for people who hate Muslims White Nationalists with people actually thinking the KoranMein Kampf is true.

We can play this game all day.

Godstud wrote::lol: Quran and Bible are both dangerous fiction(amusing was the wrong word). I hold both in high disregard, as they are simply both just tools for controlling the population, and intolerance for other beliefs, or lack thereof, is rife.

I see, said the blind man. :eh:

So you are intolerant of Christians and Muslims even though you accuse them of intolerance. But you are quite happy to champion Muslim minorities on the grounds that they are minorities in the West, in order to enforce a hardline interpretation of liberalism with the intention of shaping the limits of what society can view to be acceptable thought, ie: controlling the population.

How is your attitude different from conservative Mulahs or Preachers? Hypocrisy exposed again. :eek:
We can play this game all day.

The apples to oranges game has never appealed to me, neither has changing the topic when you are directly contradicted on a point and have no rebuttal.
mikema63 wrote:The apples to oranges game has never appealed to me, neither has changing the topic when you are directly contradicted on a point and have no rebuttal.

But I do have a rebuttal. You just missed it.

Hardline progressive liberalism takes an ideology predicated on political freedom and turns it into a totalitarian system of belief aimed at social control. What makes either you or @Godstud any different from religious conservatives?
I didn't miss anything, you conflated a generalized religion with various different sects and people of caring political beliefs and tried to conflate it with a specific political ideology.

Logical fallacies don't score points in an argument.

Claiming I am a totalitarian for pointing out your poor argument doesn't help you either.
foxdemon wrote:So you are intolerant of Christians and Muslims even though you accuse them of intolerance.
You are being purposefully deceitful. I never said I practiced intolerance. Please quote me, if so.

I said I hold their holy books in disregard, but I would treat a Christian the same way I would treat an atheist, Muslim or any other person. A religion is not a person.

foxdemon wrote:But you are quite happy to champion Muslim minorities on the grounds that they are minorities in the West, in order to enforce a hardline interpretation of liberalism with the intention of shaping the limits of what society can view to be acceptable thought, ie: controlling the population
. I am Canadian. At least in Canada, we have freedom of religion, and I respect that, even if I hold little respect for the actual religion. You cannot seem to tell the difference between the two.

A Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, is a person. Christianity, Islam and Buddhism are organized religions. See? Not the same thing.

It'd be like calling a person Anti-semitic if they speak out against the state of Israel, when in fact Anti-semitism is discrimination/prejudice against Jewish people. Both are not one and the same, as there are Muslim and Christian Israelis, as well. It is not a homogenous state, by any means.

foxdemon wrote:How is your attitude different from conservative Mulahs or Preachers? Hypocrisy exposed again.
My previous statements here dismiss these statements as irrelevant and incorrect. Your inability to understand me does not make what I say hypocritical.
mikema63 wrote:I didn't miss anything, you conflated a generalized religion with various different sects and people of caring political beliefs and tried to conflate it with a specific political ideology.

Logical fallacies don't score points in an argument.

Claiming I am a totalitarian for pointing out your poor argument doesn't help you either.

No, it is a valid comparison. Modern liberalism is totalitarian, ever since you changed it from rights of individuals versus the state to competing rights between identity groups. Once you did that, the way was open to impose the state’s power into peoples’ daily life as a means of social control. Liberalism has become a totalitarian ideology. Like medieval Catholism and Islam. It is now a comprehensive way of life and anyone who disbelieves is punished. There is no conflation of dissimilar subjects here.

Godstud wrote:You are being purposefully deceitful. I never said I practiced intolerance. Please quote me, if so.

Why should it be necessary for you to state you are intolerant to be identified as intolerant?

I said I hold their holy books in disregard, but I would treat a Christian the same way I would treat an atheist, Muslim or any other person. A religion is not a person.

Being evenly intolerant doesn’t make you tolerant.

I am Canadian. At least in Canada, we have freedom of religion, and I respect that, even if I hold little respect for the actual religion. You cannot seem to tell the difference between the two.

A Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, is a person. Christianity, Islam and Buddhism are organized religions. See? Not the same thing.

Freedom of religion was a concept devised to maintain peace between Catholics and Protestants to be the Wars of the reformation to an end. Your reinventing it to turn members of religious communities into liberal individuals. Essentially your asserting humanism over their faith.

You do realise that you are imposing your values onto them? Is that a sign of tolerance?

It'd be like calling a person Anti-semitic if they speak out against the state of Israel, when in fact Anti-semitism is discrimination/prejudice against Jewish people. Both are not one and the same, as there are Muslim and Christian Israelis, as well. It is not a homogenous state, by any means.

Actually, most often criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_antisemitism

My previous statements here dismiss these statements as irrelevant and incorrect. Your inability to understand me does not make what I say hypocritical.

But I do understand you, only too well. You adhere to a totalitarian belief system in a cult like manner. You show obvious contempt for alternative beliefs. Very much like a conservative religious follower.

I should say though, that at least those religious beliefs are able to produce a few saints every now and then. That at least is better than what modern liberalism has been able to achieve.

@DoleAndJefferson I hope we have ‘t scared younoff :D
In short, I don't discriminate, or have prejudice, against any religion. I don't judge people on such superficial grounds.

For fuck's sake, why do I even have to state the obvious?

foxdemon wrote:Essentially your asserting humanism over their faith.

You do realise that you are imposing your values onto them? Is that a sign of tolerance?

What is this fucking twaddle you are posting? I took you for smarter than this.

Since when is "freedom to practice your own religion" seen as asserting your values onto someone? :knife: :knife: :knife: :knife:

I cannot see this statement as anything but the dumbest thing I have ever fucking seen in my whole fucking life! :eek: I am in awe of the stupidity of this statement.
No, it is a valid comparison. Modern liberalism is totalitarian, ever since you changed it from rights of individuals versus the state to competing rights between identity groups. Once you did that, the way was open to impose the state’s power into peoples’ daily life as a means of social control. Liberalism has become a totalitarian ideology. Like medieval Catholism and Islam. It is now a comprehensive way of life and anyone who disbelieves is punished. There is no conflation of dissimilar subjects here.

I don't think this is objectively true. As a matter of fact it is Christian conservatives who most frequently try to do what you reject. Take the arguments against same-sex marriage and abortion as well as attempts to teach creationism in the schools. These are all absolutely religious decisions based upon matters of faith, and it is organized religious groups that are trying to force these religious decisions on individuals using the power of the state. The resistance to this is what you appear to be referring to as a "totalitarian ideology".

It is now a comprehensive way of life and anyone who disbelieves is punished. There is no conflation of dissimilar subjects here.

The devil (no pun intended) is in the details. We can deal with my examples out of hand as every person in the US is free to forswear abortion, same-sex marriage and evolution. So what exactly is this cultural totalitarianism that you are upset about?

I am pretty sure you know that you are misusing the term "liberal" but let's set that aside for a moment. What is it that you would like to do that "liberals" are preventing you from doing?
DoleAndJefferson wrote:Hello,

I am a far-right Conservative from the United States. I believe that the US Constitution and the Bible are the most important documents to look at when it comes to how the United States should be governed. However I am willing to have civil conversation with people regardless of political ideology here.

I am a bible-believing Christian myself, but am not a huge fan of the U.S. Constitution, I am pro-monarchy and think the U.S. constitution is too liberal, but we can discuss that at a later time. Otherwise, welcome to PoFo brother. God Bless. My wife is also on here, I am sure you'll be seeing us around. lol

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]