I leave this forum - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Skynet
I learned much, but PoFo occupies to much time.

I have wanted just to enjoy the diacussion abd form me an opinion with Thesis and Antithesis = Synthesis [ Marxist dialectics]

I improved ny English skills.
By Rancid
Sandzak wrote:I learned much, but PoFo occupies to much time.

I have wanted just to enjoy the diacussion abd form me an opinion with Thesis and Antithesis = Synthesis [ Marxist dialectics]

I improved ny English skills.

Good luck. Maybe one day you will return and not spend as much time here. Self-control and forberance are key skills in life. Especially in today's modern world.

It would be nice to have more people active on pofo. NOt like 100s, but maybe another 10-20 members would be nice.
By Rancid
ness31 wrote:Everyone’s gone to Twitter.

What makes a classical forum like pofo better is that it is not trying to actively manipulate us into using it more. Twitter optimizes for minutes/hours people are using the app. Thus, it will do it's best to try and send you down the echo chamber you want to be a part of to keep you addicted. Pofo, makes no such efforts. However, this is why there is less participation here (and other classical style forums). Seems like most of us want to be spoon feed and want to be addicted to bullshit. :hmm:
Rancid wrote:What makes a classical forum like pofo better is that it is not trying to actively manipulate us into using it more. Twitter optimizes for minutes/hours people are using the app. Thus, it will do it's best to try and send you down the echo chamber you want to be a part of to keep you addicted. Pofo, makes no such efforts. However, this is why there is less participation here (and other classical style forums). Seems like most of us want to be spoon feed and want to be addicted to bullshit. :hmm:

Hey, let us go with an opinion poll. The people who no one likes to read leave--and the ones who everyone likes to read their content stays? Lol.

BTW, @Rancid you should recommend places I might want to write opinion and essays on eh?

Hee hee. I am not interested in echo chambers where everyone agrees. But I can't cope with trolls and people like Bluto...they bore the hell out of me. :lol:
By Rancid
Tainari88 wrote:
Hey, let us go with an opinion poll. The people who no one likes to read leave--and the ones who everyone likes to read their content stays? Lol.

BTW, @Rancid you should recommend places I might want to write opinion and essays on eh?

Hee hee. I am not interested in echo chambers where everyone agrees. But I can't cope with trolls and people like Bluto...they bore the hell out of me. :lol:

I frequent some guitar forums. I do not post in them though, I just lurk.
Rancid wrote:What makes a classical forum like pofo better is that it is not trying to actively manipulate us into using it more. Twitter optimizes for minutes/hours people are using the app. Thus, it will do it's best to try and send you down the echo chamber you want to be a part of to keep you addicted. Pofo, makes no such efforts. However, this is why there is less participation here (and other classical style forums). Seems like most of us want to be spoon feed and want to be addicted to bullshit. :hmm:

It's hard to have good debates on twitter with only so many characters per post. Its mostly just drive-bys.

Also, its very hierarchical. Opinions of celebrities & famous people get the most pull. Here, everyone is equal. Twitter is really just celebrity worship.
Rancid wrote:Good luck. Maybe one day you will return and not spend as much time here. Self-control and forberance are key skills in life. Especially in today's modern world.

I'm not religious but its interesting how Abrahamic religions focus on avoiding temptation/sin and how useful that can be. In modern society we have the mindset of indulgence and we focus on doing "what feels good", which I don't think is a particularly good value in itself.

Religions are often too prudish and modern society is too indulgent. There is a healthy and unhealthy dose of everything.
By Rancid
Unthinking Majority wrote:temptation

Tell me about it man. The number of women I have to beat back daily. DAILY! 8)
Rancid wrote:Tell me about it man. The number of women I have to beat back daily. DAILY! 8)

Imagine being a famous man. Like a decent looking actor or musician. Imagine how much vagina gets thrown at you daily. I wonder what % of celeb men cheat on their wives and gf's. It has to be like 90%.
Rancid wrote:Tell me about it man. The number of women I have to beat back daily. DAILY! 8)

Pobrecito, las pantaletas y braguitas que te tiran y tienes que rechazar todos los días sus acosos....pobre Rancid. Es que eres tan varonil.

JAJA. :lol:
By ness31

Oh dude, there is no comparison, that place is a zoo for sure and while it’s strength is it’s ability to transfer copious amounts of info - some of which is high quality - it’s a challenge to stay focused without being distracted by some amazing natural wonder, or a dog video ..or midgets.
Last edited by ness31 on 21 Mar 2023 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
By ckaihatsu
Tainari88 wrote:
people like Bluto

No worries -- the politics has shifted away from Trumpism, and BlutoSays now has nothing left to say in a political environment that's into *statism* (Biden), away from froth-floating winner-take-all cryptoeconomics.

Ideologies & Operations -- Fundamentals

Spoiler: show
By wat0n
ckaihatsu wrote:No worries -- the politics has shifted away from Trumpism, and BlutoSays now has nothing left to say in a political environment that's into *statism* (Biden), away from froth-floating winner-take-all cryptoeconomics.

Ideologies & Operations -- Fundamentals

Spoiler: show

Honestly, I hope you're right. Let's see if they indict Trump this week.
By ckaihatsu
wat0n wrote:
Honestly, I hope you're right. Let's see if they indict Trump this week.

All the Republicans can find in common among themselves is the *culture wars* -- piggybacking off of *actual* news and developments, to throw their tantrums about stuff they don't want to personally experience.

Politics is more than emerging from gated communities to spout personal diatribes.
I was thinking @ckaihatsu of starting a thread on this interview of Bernie Sanders at the Oxford Union I was listening to this morning before breakfast. He was in the UK speaking recently and the issues coming up in the interview were very interesting. The Republicans are just impeding progress. For me all of them are people who have zero idea of how to get the world back on track after COVID and after economic fallout of all sorts. We can't afford rah, rah nationalism anymore or lack of cooperation. If we fail at that? The problems are going to be really bad.

People should be going after Exxon Mobile executives and all these people who invested in poisoning the planet but did it anyway out of greed. That is criminal behavior.

You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?[…]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]