There may be a treatment for the Corona virus - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Code Rood wrote:Oh boy, you Israelis have got some nerve. :lol: Milking America like a cow, only to run away with China and become the center of the Belt & Road in the end.

ZN is definitely not Israeli.
Patrickov wrote:This is only the surface. Their culture effectively nurtured such event to be inevitable. If it's not that further delay of action would threaten the regime itself the higher orders would not have moved in and do the said reprimanding.

Highly speculative.

And as some member mentioned, the cover-up also involves WHO.

Sounds like an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory but okay.
Donna wrote:Highly speculative.

The delay had indeed happened.

One more proof. China tried to blame the United States of "importing" the virus. As the spread started in China instead of America, and they often proclaim themselves as a very competent country, the spread should not have happened in the first place. Such accusation is undoubtedly just like how American politicians and commentators bicker against each other. All these people only showed their incompetence.

And seriously, where is the proof that "China is winning" anyways? If there is no proof for it then that comment is speculative at the first place, and I have made a mistake of replying it as if it's true.
Patrickov wrote:And seriously, where is the proof that "China is winning" anyways? If there is no proof for it then that comment is speculative at the first place, and I have made a mistake of replying it as if it's true.

Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Wuhan Tuesday and said the disease was “basically curbed” there and in the wider hard-hit Hubei province, considered the centre of that country’s outbreak. Hubei also closed the last of its 15 makeshift hospitals Tuesday. While there are now more than 121,000 cases worldwide, recoveries continue to grow.

World Economic Forum
Donna wrote:
Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Wuhan Tuesday and said the disease was “basically curbed” there and in the wider hard-hit Hubei province, considered the centre of that country’s outbreak. Hubei also closed the last of its 15 makeshift hospitals Tuesday. While there are now more than 121,000 cases worldwide, recoveries continue to grow.

World Economic Forum
It is not a proof of "leading the fight". They are at best handling their own matters, snd as I showed they did not even do it well.
Patrickov wrote:It is not a proof of "leading the fight". They are at best handling their own matters, snd as I showed they did not even do it well.

They are the first to flatten the curve and are presently advising other countries including Italy, so yes, they are "leading the fight".
Patrickov wrote:They had the curve first so it is not strange at all that the first curve flattens first.

Using your logic Italy and other Western countries are handling the outbreak on the exact same time-scale as China, which we are now learning is incorrect as the situation continues to deteriorate in Europe and parts of the US in ways that the Chinese managed to quickly deal with.

Again, the problem is the epidemic exploded in China at the first place, and it was avoidable.

The virus is an act of nature, not the Chinese government. The problem is that emergency enforcement in the West isn't strict enough and it's costing lives everyday.
Patrickov wrote:The West are responsible for the current situation of course, but this point does not excuse China from letting the epidemic happen at the first place.

They didn't let it happen though.
Donna wrote:
They didn't let it happen though.
Yes they did. By having a system that "let" local officials arrest truth tellers arbitarily. Putting the intentions of higher orders aside, this at least delayed the response for a few days, and the rest is history.

To put it in terms more relatable to this forum, that would be equivalent of someone like Member Drlee calling for taking the new epidemic seriously, but his state or county officials arrested him, thus delayed the response for at least a few days.
Patrickov wrote:Yes they did. By having a system that "let" local officials arrest truth tellers arbitarily. Putting the intentions of higher orders aside, this at least delayed the response for a few days, and the rest is history.

To put it in terms more relatable to this forum, that would be equivalent of someone like Member Drlee calling for taking the new epidemic seriously, but his state or county officials arrested him, thus delayed the response for at least a few days.

Even if we grant that there was some mismanagement (which would be relative to other governments dragging their feet anyway), this is not the same as intentionally letting it happen. You're using some very sloppy language here, Patrickov.
Donna wrote:Even if we grant that there was some mismanagement (which would be relative to other governments dragging their feet anyway), this is not the same as intentionally letting it happen.

Their own system dragged their own feet. Blaming it on other nations only make people know more that they are incompetent and unwilling to accept their mistakes.

If I haven't presented the matter clearly enough, read the post by Moderator Kaiserschmarrn in the main coronavirus thread.
Patrickov wrote:Meanwhile, China started it all. If we compare the epidemic with a wildfire, the Chinese Government can be said as a careless igniter or even semi-intentional arsonist. This severely diminishes their image and intention as a (potential) firefighter.

China has been an incubator for new viruses ever since it began manufacturing products for the entire world. When Europe was the center of industrial production, viruses often started there. Likewise, when the USA used to make a lot of industrial products, it also created viruses (and a dust-bowl).

Here's an interesting article by a Chinese blogger who tries to explain WHY this is so. It's a 30-minute read, but well worth it if you think these viruses are a result of anything other than industrial production and profit-seeking.
ChuangCN wrote:The Furnace

Wuhan is known colloquially as one of the “four furnaces” (四大火炉) of China for its oppressively hot humid summer, shared with Chongqing, Nanjing and alternately Nanchang or Changsha, all bustling cities with long histories along or near the Yangtze river valley. Of the four, Wuhan, however, is also sprinkled with literal furnaces: the massive urban complex acts as a sort of nucleus for the steel, concrete and other construction-related industries of China, its landscape dotted with the slowly-cooling blast furnaces of the remnant state-owned iron and steel foundries, now plagued by overproduction and forced into a contentious new round of downsizing, privatization and general restructuring—itself resulting in several large strikes and protests in the last five years.

He goes on to explain how industrial farming and the lack of any real natural ecosystems are straining nature to the point of creating new viruses (and other unhealthy things). It has nothing to do with being Chinese, and everything to do with the profit motive (according to him).

Cuba orients itself in healthcare so I am not surprised.

Is this a wise orientation, in your opinion? Should we imitate this, or continue to try to crush it because it's not profit-motivated?
QatzelOk wrote:... It has nothing to do with being Chinese, and everything to do with the profit motive (according to him).

I express gratitude for the accurate and resourceful reference.

The above quote is the only part I have comment. Contrary to some people's belief, the Chinese are more profit seeking than many other ethic groups, despite some, if not most, Chinese also strongly advocate the state to intercede on almost everything. They do not build up wealth in foreign societies for nothing. In some countries (like Malaysia and Thailand) they even control local economy long before the current regime came to power.

QatzelOk wrote:(About Cuba orienting in medicine) Is this a wise orientation, in your opinion? Should we imitate this, or continue to try to crush it because it's not profit-motivated?

The bold part is rather trapping.

Societies should have a balance in development. I won't give up my freedom of speech just because some people care people's physical health better.

Using a shortcoming of an extreme (?) to advocate another extreme is not wise if the opponent is well aware of both.
Donna wrote:They didn't let it happen though.

Of course they didn't willfully let it happen, but that's not always a valid excuse either. If I accidentally kill someone, I can still be held accountable, no?

Anyway, here's one of the way's China mismanaged Wuhan:
Basically China was investing lots of money to turn Wuhan into a technological and industrial hub. They also expanded and invested in the univesity system there, to try and turn the city into a tech hub. This means many people come in and out of the city daily. In fact, the city is dubbed "China's Thoroughfare" because so many people pass through that city.

In the link below, there's an interesting graph that shows how investment in public health flattened and was not a priority.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... l-outbreak

So sure, they didn't do it on purpose, but still, they are at fault to some degree.
QatzelOk wrote:As I'm riding my bike, I often think cars need to be almost entirely eliminated (except emergency and commercial vehicles) because I might be "the one" (out of 1 million car-caused deaths per year).

To understand the appropriate response to an "event," you have to research because commercial media exists only to sell products, like government repression, vaccines, and useless gadgets and miracle cures.

Here are some interesting stats and factoids from various sources:

If you click on the link, it takes you to the Information Clearing House article, which also includes an interesting video presentation by Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg.

Please stop emoting in front of commercial media and read this article. And then do some enlightened googling while you're idle.

On the subject of Bill Sardi , whom you quoted . https://mdprevent.blogspot.com/2012/10/can-bill-sardi-be-trusted.html , https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/9-reasons-to-completely-ignore-joseph-mercola-and-natural-news/ , https://americanloons.blogspot.com/search?q=bill+sardi This is the enlightened googling I do .
Now the deniers are wetting their pants in panic. They are clutching at every straw. Every minute a new miracle cure, from cow urine to malaria drugs, is being named as the new Covid-19 cure. Trump doesn't understand the difference between influenza and Covid-19, but when he announces that a malaria drug is the miracle cure that'll save us (and get him reelected), profiteers the world over start to snatch up all stocks of that drug to deprive malaria sufferers of their life-saving drug in order to pamper the anxiety of the Covid-19 deniers, even though there is no evidence that the drug will be effective against Covid-19.

The shear callousness and perversity of it is utterly sickening. A society that behaves in that way has no justification for survival.

Global Rush for Trump-Backed Virus Drug Sparks India Export Ban
Atlantis wrote:Now the deniers are wetting their pants in panic. ...

The shear callousness and perversity of it is utterly sickening. A society that behaves in that way has no justification for survival.

(warning: sexism) This post reminds me of that scene in every Airplane Disaster movie where a co-pilot has to slap a flight-attendant across the face because her panic is leading her to do more harm than good. She then thanks him for clearing her head.

Deutschmania wrote:On the subject of Bill Sardi , whom you quoted . https://mdprevent.blogspot.com/2012/10/ ... usted.html , https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/9-reas ... ural-news/ , https://americanloons.blogspot.com/search?q=bill+sardi This is the enlightened googling I do .

The links you provide demonstrate that there is controversy in many areas of medicine. As there should be.
So how deadly is it?

How is comparing, 'Lumping together'? It's the c[…]

Watching Better call Saul . Debating whether to a[…]

You are not a centrist when it comes to Trump, […]

The cult of science

1) I am writing essay about cult of science. 2[…]