US Presidential election 2024 thread. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15304142
wat0n wrote:Ironically, a ruling disqualifying Trump would probably give the best chance for a GOP win this year.


Not to be a duche but almost 80% of people of America will agree that Nicky is a way better candidate than both Trump and Biden put together.(Basically everyone excluding the Zelots from both sides) Even in contests like vs Harris or vs De Santis she is way better. Democrats would need Obama to actually beat her which they do not have.
#15304203
JohnRawls wrote:Not to be a duche but almost 80% of people of America will agree that Nicky is a way better candidate than both Trump and Biden put together.(Basically everyone excluding the Zelots from both sides)

I'm not a zealot from either side, but Trumps comments on NATO show he towers above political light weights like Haley and Biden. European Liberals have been expecting Americans to subsidise them and run and bail them out for over a hundred years. After a century isn't it about time Liberal Europe stood on its own two feet. Some people seem shocked by Trump's comments. Well that just shows Donald Trump's leadership ability so lacking in Haley and Biden. One thing we can be sure of after a hundred years, European Liberals won't stop leaching off America without some serious shocks.
#15304205
Rich wrote:I'm not a zealot from either side, but Trumps comments on NATO show he towers above political light weights like Haley and Biden. European Liberals have been expecting Americans to subsidise them and run and bail them out for over a hundred years. After a century isn't it about time Liberal Europe stood on its own two feet. Some people seem shocked by Trump's comments. Well that just shows Donald Trump's leadership ability so lacking in Haley and Biden. One thing we can be sure of after a hundred years, European Liberals won't stop leaching off America without some serious shocks.


You are on drugs man or something. Not all European countries spend less than 2% of gdp. Its around 50-50% and improving. In the next 1-2 years majority besides a couple will be over. I am not sure what you are complaining about right now and thsoe comments are totally out of line putting a dent in to the alliance. He basically said attack our ally and we won't do anything within the NATO framework when US is obliged under the treaty to do so if article 5 is triggered. Same goes by the way for Ukraine which US also signed as a security guarantor.

How is anybody, not even NATO but all US allies like Japan or Korea or Taiwan or Australia or Philopenas gonna trust the US with Trump in charge? Way to fuck up things without a reason.

Right now, we see that US is not fullfilling agreements that it has signed itself and agreements that US created themselves.
#15304206
JohnRawls wrote:You are on drugs man or something. Not all European countries spend less than 2% of gdp. Its around 50-50% and improving. In the next 1-2 years majority besides a couple will be over. I am not sure what you are complaining about right now

The EU plus Britain, Switzerland etc has over half a billion people. Their GDP is over 20 billion. Europeans are total jokers when it comes to defence, with their toy town joke militaries like Estonia. Look at what America is doing around the world, imagine if New Hampshire had its own military, imagine if we were relying on New Hampshire to fight the Houthi pirates. And Estonia is not even the biggest joke when it comes to militaries. Malta has less population than every state in the Union and the District of Columbia. But of course they still think they're entitled to their joke army with America coming in to do the real fighting.

How is anybody, not even NATO but all US allies like Japan or Korea or Taiwan or Australia or Philopenas gonna trust the US with Trump in charge?

America would be much better placed to defend freedom in the rest of the world if money and resources were not being leached by spoiled European Liberals.
#15304209
Rich wrote:The EU plus Britain, Switzerland etc has over half a billion people. Their GDP is over 20 billion. Europeans are total jokers when it comes to defence, with their toy town joke militaries like Estonia. Look at what America is doing around the world, imagine if New Hampshire had its own military, imagine if we were relying on New Hampshire to fight the Houthi pirates. And Estonia is not even the biggest joke when it comes to militaries. Malta has less population than every state in the Union and the District of Columbia. But of course they still think they're entitled to their joke army with America coming in to do the real fighting.


America would be much better placed to defend freedom in the rest of the world if money and resources were not being leached by spoiled European Liberals.


Since when is 400 billion defence budget a joke? That is 2nd only to the US :roll: You are not even trying to construct an argument it seems. And that 400 billion is basically the low % of GDP spending which is growing since 2021. That is about 4-5 times more than Russia and 1.5 - 2 times more than China. Around 1/2 of what US spends.

If Europe reaches 2% then the numbe will be around 550-600 billion as I understand may be a bit more which is 3/4ths of US spending.
#15304210
Rich wrote:Malta has less population than every state in the Union and the District of Columbia. But of course, they still think they're entitled to their joke army with America coming in to do the real fighting.

Why do you think that?

You can keep your joke 'We destroyed your town country to save it' army.

1. Malta is not a NATO member.

2. NATO membership is not supported by any of my country's political parties.

3. Our neutrality is enshrined in our Constitution.


:)
#15304216
wat0n wrote:Ironically, a ruling disqualifying Trump would probably give the best chance for a GOP win this year.


Could be.

I think Trump has a lot of strikes against him.

My husband and I fight in the car while driving around Mérida talking about if Trump might have a shot at winning.

I think he has a shot. And if not he, the GOP. For many reasons.

My husband thinks he does not have a shot. Too many legal issues and the base is strong but Republicans overall in terms of votes really have not won any elections in a very long time. A lot more liberals. A lot more white suburban moderate liberal Liz Chaney-type voters, etc.

I think a lot of progressives and socialistic and socialist type young people do not LIKE Biden or the Democratic party who is perceived as weak politically, with horrible policies in many ways. Not left enough in the least to satisfy what needs to get done. They are kind of like in the middle average conservative Right people in Europe. Not at all like any real Leftism in other nations.

For example, Mexico has some elections coming up fast. In June. MORENA is the party most likely to win the elections. Who are they? They are a coalition of Leftist parties. Including strong liberals, and moderate liberals. But they have a big core of straight up Communists and Green Party people. The PT or el Partido de los Trabajadores is Communism Mexican style. All of those parties including the Green Party Partido Verde all cooperate and kicked the Right, elitist Conservatives from the PRI and the PAN. Now to dislodge MORENA the Right wing has to go much farther to the Left if they hope to win in the future. Those are the realities.

The USA on the other hand is far far too the Right. They are flirting with White Supremacists, Steve Bannon types, Proud Boys and so on, and nationalist fascists. Rich knows this and is hoping the GOP win because the GOP has become far more friendly to Fascism than in the past. So has the Democratic party. It has moved from centrist Clintonian crap to more Right and nationalistic over time. Warmongering.

So to bring some balance to the USA they need a hard core LEFT turn. That never happens without some blood and some horrible clash of the polar extremes.

If the clash occurs the USA will be able to work out its issues.

If it keeps going further Right, it will wind up with what all nations who fail to recognize the Far Right for what it is. Just another Fascist group. The fascists are good at certain things. If they USA wants what they are giving them or offering them? The most likely outcome is going to be very very hard to overcome. Because the USA is well armed, and well resourced. The majority of the USA though is not going to be white. They need to convert Latinos, Blacks, Asians and Native Americans and recent first generation immigrants from Africa and Latin America into white supremacist Nazis. Condi Rice people, Clarence Thomas people, so on...people.

So far? Total failures on those.

But collisions are bound to happen. Because one thing is for sure. Everyone on planet Earth will not be in agreement with each other. And the days of an easy win for white supremacists with Fascist shit thoughts are really farther away than ever before.

Once the indifferent crowd makes an appearance. ;) :D
#15304218
Tainari88 wrote:Could be.

I think Trump has a lot of strikes against him.

My husband and I fight in the car while driving around Mérida talking about if Trump might have a shot at winning.

I think he has a shot. And if not he, the GOP. For many reasons.

My husband thinks he does not have a shot. Too many legal issues and the base is strong but Republicans overall in terms of votes really have not won any elections in a very long time. A lot more liberals. A lot more white suburban moderate liberal Liz Chaney-type voters, etc.

I think a lot of progressives and socialistic and socialist type young people do not LIKE Biden or the Democratic party who is perceived as weak politically, with horrible policies in many ways. Not left enough in the least to satisfy what needs to get done. They are kind of like in the middle average conservative Right people in Europe. Not at all like any real Leftism in other nations.

For example, Mexico has some elections coming up fast. In June. MORENA is the party most likely to win the elections. Who are they? They are a coalition of Leftist parties. Including strong liberals, and moderate liberals. But they have a big core of straight up Communists and Green Party people. The PT or el Partido de los Trabajadores is Communism Mexican style. All of those parties including the Green Party Partido Verde all cooperate and kicked the Right, elitist Conservatives from the PRI and the PAN. Now to dislodge MORENA the Right wing has to go much farther to the Left if they hope to win in the future. Those are the realities.

The USA on the other hand is far far too the Right. They are flirting with White Supremacists, Steve Bannon types, Proud Boys and so on, and nationalist fascists. Rich knows this and is hoping the GOP win because the GOP has become far more friendly to Fascism than in the past. So has the Democratic party. It has moved from centrist Clintonian crap to more Right and nationalistic over time. Warmongering.

So to bring some balance to the USA they need a hard core LEFT turn. That never happens without some blood and some horrible clash of the polar extremes.

If the clash occurs the USA will be able to work out its issues.

If it keeps going further Right, it will wind up with what all nations who fail to recognize the Far Right for what it is. Just another Fascist group. The fascists are good at certain things. If they USA wants what they are giving them or offering them? The most likely outcome is going to be very very hard to overcome. Because the USA is well armed, and well resourced. The majority of the USA though is not going to be white. They need to convert Latinos, Blacks, Asians and Native Americans and recent first generation immigrants from Africa and Latin America into white supremacist Nazis. Condi Rice people, Clarence Thomas people, so on...people.

So far? Total failures on those.

But collisions are bound to happen. Because one thing is for sure. Everyone on planet Earth will not be in agreement with each other. And the days of an easy win for white supremacists with Fascist shit thoughts are really farther away than ever before.

Once the indifferent crowd makes an appearance. ;) :D


Trump has a shot, and that's because the Dems don't seem to be able to find an alternative to Biden. I don't think he's been a bad President, but I clearly recall he was supposed to be a single term one.

Now we're getting into a weird situation, where the bases of both parties are putting their worst options (based on polling) against each other. I think neither would be candidates if the strategists were calling the shots within their parties but that's my opinion.
#15304220
wat0n wrote:Trump has a shot, and that's because the Dems don't seem to be able to find an alternative to Biden. I don't think he's been a bad President, but I clearly recall he was supposed to be a single term one.

Now we're getting into a weird situation, where the bases of both parties are putting their worst options (based on polling) against each other. I think neither would be candidates if the strategists were calling the shots within their parties but that's my opinion.


Unfortunately, both candidates are going to suck. If Trump or Haley wins or if Biden wins their own party's nominations.

They should go for Chris Christie against someone like Corey Booker and they will have more enthusiasm or in the future Some DeSantis against some more extreme Lefty like AOC. But they won't. They will continue with what they think is the winning formula.

And it is not. It is gridlock and crap.

Both parties want to kill off establishment average options. That is very obvious. But the establishment is not listening. They will when violence, coups, and crazy shit happens again in DC.

But that is what you get for not wanting real changes. You will get the extremes. No action? Eventually blood comes. That happened in the sixties. And if things do not change it will be to that point again.
#15304221
wat0n wrote:Trump has a shot, and that's because the Dems don't seem to be able to find an alternative to Biden. I don't think he's been a bad President, but I clearly recall he was supposed to be a single term one.


Trump is running again. Biden won against him, at least once. Nobody wants to challenge Biden and lose to Trump afterwards. That's a career ender.
#15304222
Rugoz wrote:Trump is running again. Biden won against him, at least once. Nobody wants to challenge Biden and lose to Trump afterwards. That's a career ender.


Who cares Rugoz. You should be running to get decent policies you believe in to happen. If you care more about your own political viability rather than trying to fix major issues in your own nation and its political problems you have no business running anyway.

People think becoming the president of a nation is easy to do. It is not. In today's world it is about having your entire life revealed to millions or billions of people. Your entire life. That means anyone who you ever spoke with, dealt with, worked with or have known. Every family member. Your finances, your property, your education, your medical file, your past, including divorces, children or kids out of wedlock, your side affairs, your addictions of any sort, food, alcohol, pills, etc. Everything is up for examining with a fine tooth comb.

You have to have tough skin, be very consistent in what you will talk about openly, what you will keep private, what you will pursue and who you are going to trust or not.

You also need to have a lot of connections, be conventional in value systems in general, and reflect a scoeity that is willing to give you that establishment money, support and backing.

You can be an egotistical person, but you have to understand what your role is in that nation's history.

Most people will never run because if you are sane? You realize that being in the public eye and being scrutinized means a certain loss of personal freedom and it means not being able to be left alone. Anyone becomes a president of a nation they will have a full calendar forever.

You have to be mentally prepared for office.

You also have to drag your family in with you and the rest of the people who are close to you.

Many politicians do it for power. Others for the sense of mission. Others because they are believers in what they stand for. Others it is about having the thought that they can have a long-term influence on the life of many others.

The power-hungry nasty dictators will be known for exactly that. And people have the right to be jubilant when one of those types passes away and no longer creates stress for the rest of society.

You will always have political enemies. The trick is to not allow them to take up much time or thought in your deeds for a better society. Do the job. Do it well. And let it go when the time comes.

History will judge you with time. If you did it for the wrong reasons that will come out soon enough.
#15304223
Tainari88 wrote:Unfortunately, both candidates are going to suck. If Trump or Haley wins or if Biden wins their own party's nominations.

They should go for Chris Christie against someone like Corey Booker and they will have more enthusiasm or in the future Some DeSantis against some more extreme Lefty like AOC. But they won't. They will continue with what they think is the winning formula.

And it is not. It is gridlock and crap.

Both parties want to kill off establishment average options. That is very obvious. But the establishment is not listening. They will when violence, coups, and crazy shit happens again in DC.

But that is what you get for not wanting real changes. You will get the extremes. No action? Eventually blood comes. That happened in the sixties. And if things do not change it will be to that point again.


Haley at least is totally electable, again, based on polling (i.e. vs Biden, given the lack of anyone else).

But I do recall seeing a poll suggesting that "an unnamed Dem" would beat Trump and could do well against Haley. So it's not like the same thing isn't happening to them either.

I do wonder what will polls say now that special counsel Hur issued his report on the Biden docs case. I mean, there's stuff like this:

Report on the Investigation Into Unauthorized Removal, Retention, and Disclosure of Classified Documents Discovered at Locations Including the Penn Eiden Center and the Delaware Private Residence of President Joseph R. Eiden, Jr. wrote:In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden's memory was worse. He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ("if it was 2013 - when did I stop being Vice President?"), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ("in 2009, am I still Vice President?"). 839 He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died. 81rn And his memory appeared hazy when describing the Afghanistan debate that was once so important to him. Among other things, he mistakenly said he "had a real difference" of opinion with General Karl Eikenberry, when, in fact, Eikenberry was an ally whom Mr. Eiden cited approvingly in his Thanksgiving memo to President Obama.841
#15304225
wat0n wrote:
I do wonder what will polls say now that special counsel Hur issued his report on the Biden docs case.



That's a sleazy political attack, and that's all it is.

People are worried that both are too old, when we get close to the election, it will come down to that. Since this will be decided by swing voters, Trump is in trouble. He keeps sticking his foot in his mouth so deep it comes out the other end.

Over time, people are going to get real tired of the tantrums.
#15304229
late wrote:That's a sleazy political attack, and that's all it is.

People are worried that both are too old, when we get close to the election, it will come down to that. Since this will be decided by swing voters, Trump is in trouble. He keeps sticking his foot in his mouth so deep it comes out the other end.

Over time, people are going to get real tired of the tantrums.


Maybe. I do agree Biden is still a better option than Trump, but I'm not a voter.

Obviously, there's the issue of Trump's trials. A single guilty verdict and he's out, IMO.
#15304257
Rich wrote:I'm not a zealot from either side, but Trumps comments on NATO show he towers above political light weights like Haley and Biden. European Liberals have been expecting Americans to subsidise them and run and bail them out for over a hundred years. After a century isn't it about time Liberal Europe stood on its own two feet. Some people seem shocked by Trump's comments. Well that just shows Donald Trump's leadership ability so lacking in Haley and Biden. One thing we can be sure of after a hundred years, European Liberals won't stop leaching off America without some serious shocks.


My sides are still aching from laughing at Trump telling people to pay their bills.
#15304269
wat0n wrote:But I do recall seeing a poll suggesting that "an unnamed Dem" would beat Trump and could do well against Haley. So it's not like the same thing isn't happening to them either.


I think that poll is incredibly silly. If you say "unnamed Dem", people will imagine a candidate they like. The less scrutinized a candidate is, the more likely people are going to approve of him.
#15304270
Rugoz wrote:I think that poll is incredibly silly. If you say "unnamed Dem", people will imagine a candidate they like. The less scrutinized a candidate is, the more likely people are going to approve of him.


Indeed, but it is still symptomatic IMO. It does suggest voters want to see new faces in both parties.
#15304276
Its good to remember, the reason the US ended up with Joe Biden is because of the incredible power and reach of Jewish supremacists. The Democratic primary in 2020 was not brought to an end to stop Donald Trump, but to stop Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders was just not acceptable to Zionists. Part of the reason for this was that Sanders is Jewish. Normally the accusation of "anti-Semtism" is enough to get disobedient politicians to fall into line, but that doesn't work so well when the target is himself Jewish. Imagine the problems they would have had if Jeremy Corbyn had been Jewish.

Ironically if someone is Jewish, they have to pass a higher standard of reliability, before the Zionists will allow them into positions of power.
#15304281
Rich wrote:Its good to remember, the reason the US ended up with Joe Biden is because of the incredible power and reach of Jewish supremacists. The Democratic primary in 2020 was not brought to an end to stop Donald Trump, but to stop Bernie Sanders. Bernie Sanders was just not acceptable to Zionists. Part of the reason for this was that Sanders is Jewish. Normally the accusation of "anti-Semtism" is enough to get disobedient politicians to fall into line, but that doesn't work so well when the target is himself Jewish. Imagine the problems they would have had if Jeremy Corbyn had been Jewish.

Ironically if someone is Jewish, they have to pass a higher standard of reliability, before the Zionists will allow them into positions of power.


@Rich who do you think should be running for PM in the UK? And why?

And would you marry someone without thinking about what ethnic group, or background they might possess?

I am sincerely curious. You like not answering me at times.

Frankly, I like how you write. It is well thought out. I do not agree but I like the way you put your thoughts together.

If you had a magic wand there and could shape UK politics, American politics, etc political landscape? How would that landscape look like?

Because I know exactly what I think will work to improve conditions all over the world. And which group would be best suited for the job for the final results to be positive? That they will have the chance to do it? Doubtful.

The important thing is to be very faithful to your political principles and philosophy.

Always. I hope you answer me, Señor Rich. BTW, it is an extraordinarily beautiful day in Mexico over here. Birds singing, the sun shining, the sky is blue and everything feels like perfection. It is hard to be in a bad mood with that eh?
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 11

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Have you ever b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

On the upside by reading Rawls you get an update […]

Cruelest regime/nation/'people' in history

Hands down it has to be something before the mode[…]

https://twitter.com/tracker_deep/status/1749364479[…]