Uighur treatment by China amounts to 'Genocide' says formal legal text - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The BBC also published the testimony of a Uyghur woman who was imprisoned for nine months in the camps. She claimed that the torture endured by these Uyghur women included rape. It is hard to believe her testimony but the program of political brainwashing could be equated with cultural genocide. At re-education camps, the teachers are out to “eradicate Islamist terrorism” from the Uighurs’ minds. They are prohibited from speaking their native language and cameras monitor them constantly in their cells, the corridors and the toilets, which may amount to rape for Muslim women. The Chinese teachers may be authorized to use corporal punishments including flogging and beating, if the detainees do not obey their orders.

The BBC story features the testimony of Tursunay Ziawudun, a Uyghur woman imprisoned for nine months in the camps. Weaving together the testimony of Ziawudun and other Uyghur detainees, interviews with teachers and police in Xinjiang, in addition to satellite and primary-source analysis corroborating their accounts, the BBC reporters show that the abuses go far beyond the regime’s aggressive program of political brainwashing.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/02/ ... ure-story/
Chinese collaborators and apologists are funny. Is it US building re-education camps? Is it the European Union imprisoning political activists or democrats from Hong Kong? Is it Japan or Australia imprisoning Tibetan nationalists or political dissidents? We all know the answer to all of those questions but for some reason people have a need to defend China and others while blaming the "West" for actions that are far more mild in comparison.
TIL Islamic Extremism/Wahhabism is a legitimate culture we must preserve and protect from 'genocide'. At least in China. Anywhere else thousands of dead civilians as collateral is cool beans if it means we get to play with drones all day pew pew. TIL teaching youths trades at schools is genociding them in concentration camps, because muh islamic extremism is precious when in China.

Guantanamo called, it wants its hypocritical cringe back. I'm ok with state sponsored propaganda masquerading as news, it's all part and parcel of geopolitics. But every day, multiple times a day from the same handful of outlets and 'sources'? Brainwashing on this scale has never been attempted before, as far as I know.
Odiseizam wrote:@QatzelOk why I have started to think like You, this is called unconscious self'brainbashing!

The thread you linked to... is morbid satire.

And so is the current China-bashing in the West.

Our oligarchs need a war to stay in charge, and they will use targeted racism to get it.

Good luck, Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
Igor Antunov wrote:
Chinese government official stance on this circus is to encourage foreigners and tourists to visit xinjiang. No permit or tour group necessary.

I'm guessing if your objective is to convince the world that nothing untoward is happening, the last thing you do is shut out foreigners as if you have something to hide.

There has been a few documentaries that include the "tours" Chinese authorities provide for foreign journalists, and it is obvious they are carefully staged and the inmates are carefully choreographed. The sinister purpose of the camps become pretty obvious after a very short while.
People are being detained inside internment camps for being born in the wrong religion and all that trolls and conspiracy theorists have to say about their suffering and pain is that their suffering does not matter cause it has been reported by non-Chinese media. :knife:
This is normal. Nothing to see here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17911.html

"The Chinese government is harvesting and selling organs from persecuted religious and ethnic minorities on an industrial scale, the UN Human Rights Council has been told.

Speaking at the council’s headquarters in Geneva on Tuesday, lawyer Hamid Sabi presented the findings of the China Tribunal, an independent tribunal on allegations of forced organ harvesting.
"
noemon wrote:People are being detained inside internment camps for being born in the wrong religion and all that trolls and conspiracy theorists have to say about their suffering and pain is that their suffering does not matter cause "they are the bad guys". The argument in all its glory: 'since western media report on their suffering, they must be'. :knife:

Muslims are the Jews of the 21st century. China has nuclear weapons, there will be no savings anyone this time.
Admin Edit: Fake News Picture Meme with no links or supportive evidence

Unthinking Majority wrote:This is normal. Nothing to see here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17911.html

"The Chinese government is harvesting and selling organs from persecuted religious and ethnic minorities on an industrial scale, the UN Human Rights Council has been told.

Speaking at the council’s headquarters in Geneva on Tuesday, lawyer Hamid Sabi presented the findings of the China Tribunal, an independent tribunal on allegations of forced organ harvesting."

Yep, more non-'evidence'. but I guess he spoke at some important building at an important organization and it's somehow important, despite there being zero evidence presented. Won't waste my time here, except to stress the antics of the two muppets in the image above,there are many more examples but these two make headlines every month in the usual publications. It's important to out hired clowns that generate clown articles.
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202102/1215146.shtml

Tursunay Ziawudun, the “victim” in a BBC report who recently claimed to have been gang-raped in a training center in Xinyuan county, Ili Kazak Autonomous Prefecture, first appeared in the media in October 2019. She was in Almaty, Kazakhstan at the time, and the interview she gave included no allegations of rape or harsh treatment.

Then, in an interview released on October 15, 2019 by Radio Free Asia, one of the US government’s overseas broadcasting agencies, Tursunay made no direct claim that she had been raped. On February 15, 2020, when BuzzFeed News interviewed her, she said she was “terrified she might be raped,” but that she “wasn’t beaten or abused.”

After the UHRP stepped in, Tursunay’s testimony changed and she claimed to have been raped in training centers. This claim appeared in the BBC report, along with some other small details that were different.

For example, she said her "earrings were yanked out," where previously she had said that Police “told the women to take off their necklaces and earrings." In the BuzzFeed interview she said: “I wasn’t beaten or abused.” In her later BBC account she said she was beaten and raped.

But I guess only BRITISH state funded media is valid here, alongside CIA funded organizations. However kinda hard to dodge this one as those very 'valid' sources corroborate the inconsistency of this woman's claims.
Pro-Chinese trolls needs to provide actual evidence when they try to blame victims and not infographics produced by the official Chinese propaganda machine.

When you claim a person is lying take these simple steps:

Post the alleged lie with a source to the alleged lie then post the truth with a source to the alleged truth.

Should not be a tall order for those who shamelessly blame the victims of torture by claiming that their "statements are lies in the public record".

Your Chinese editorial does not contain such sources as such it is utterly worthless because all these could be Chinese strawmen to blame a person that escaped Chinese torture.
I've provided ample argument for absence of evidence in relation to these claims. I'm sorry but an individuals statement (an inconsistent one that changes over the years nonetheless) is not evidence of genocide in Xinjiang, especially given the suspect list of media platforms involved.

Labeling people who demand any believable proof of egregious claims as 'pro-genocide' is mere slander.

Those satellite photos poisoned the well entirely on this issue, when they turned out to be high schools, hospitals, freight buildings and council centers. I'm not going to waste my time disproving the existence of Xenu. I need merely ask 'show me the receipts please'. And when they consist of nothing I toss them away.
Igor Antunov wrote:I've provided ample argument for absence of evidence in relation to these claims. I'm sorry but an individuals statement (an inconsistent one that changes over the years nonetheless) is not evidence of genocide in Xinjiang, especially given the suspect list of media platforms involved.

Labeling people who demand any believable proof of egregious claims as 'pro-genocide' is mere slander.

You are explicitly calling a victim of torture as a "liar and traitor" without even having the very basic human decency to provide proof of her alleged lies. Crying that you have been labelled something is just utterly delicious given your labelling of an actual victim and the circumstances of it.

Your Chinese editorial does not contain sources that corroborate any of the statements your Chinese source claims she made(or didn't) and as such it is utterly worthless because all these could be Chinese strawmen to blame a person that escaped Chinese torture. Is that rocket science for you, Igor?

China is forbidding Uyghurs from practicing their religion, from teaching it to their children and is interning them in concentration camps. This much is admitted by China officially.

You will have to do a lot better than simply saying : "This Uyghur lady that shared her real experience from inside these camps is a liar and a CIA traitor cause Chinese media called her as such by providing anecdotes I claim are public record but can not seem to source for you guys".
The sources for her ever changing statement are mentioned by name and date in the article. Fell free to hunt them down and read them directly. I'm not doing it for you. The article is self contained and contains all the information you need.

China is forbidding Uyghurs from practicing their religion, from teaching it to their children and in interning them in pathetic concentration camps.

There are 40,000+ mosques in china, thousands of them in xinjiang. That's more mosques than Europe and North America combined. Where adults practice their religion and in turn their children go to pray. In the muslim world (i've been to many mosques in bosnia) younger children are typically forbidden from prayers in mosques as they disrupt the process.

So far no evidence of confirmed religious concentration camps like the one pictured here:
Igor Antunov wrote:The sources for her ever changing statement are mentioned by name and date in the article. Fell free to hunt them down and read them directly. I'm not doing it for you. The article is self contained and contains all the information you need.

No dear, when you claim that a victim of torture has lied, the only decent thing to do is to link to the lie and demonstrate it, not to link to the torturer claiming there is a lie somewhere which people need to dig and discover on their own. :lol: Your Chinese editorial and yourself need to actually corroborate your accusations. Anecdotes and innuendo do not actually fly in reasoned debate. You claimed all these are "public record", so it should not be difficult at all to corroborate your claims.

Lots of evidence about the persecution of Uyghurs in here:

There are just so many cringe moments in this Chinese-sanctioned documentary:

Journo: "Did you come here on your own free will and accord?"

Uyghur in camp: "Yes, yes I did, I suffer from extremism that needs to be cleansed from my mind, a police officer told me"
Excuse me but the video description says 'thought to be holding more than a million....'. Yeah no proof. Still based on that nutty end-times christian guy and his extrapolation of a million from the 8 people he spoke to.

This Chinese vocational school looks like just another youth program available in Europe and Australia, dressed up with the typical alarmist interviews and editing. \

"yes yes I did suffer from a meth addiction and a bout of homelessness but cessnock youth correctional has got me back on track, after the police picked me up near BWS for beaching the public peace and assaulting a shopper. I'm applying for a teaching diploma next year"

I have a particular aversion to BBC and their recycled sources when it comes to anything regarding China. Call it a historical hunch. I've seen a boatload of BBC documentaries on the Yugoslav wars. The editing, the subtitles - it's all narrative building. They leave most of what's said out, the subtitles see to that.
Hmm, my videos showed thousand of Muslims practicing their religion freely.

Your video showed a handful of youths in a correctional center, with a silly headline and narrative built over it. Seems kinda nice compared to the shithole that is cessnock correctional. We cage 10+ year old repeat offenders in cells for weeks. No dancing and fun to be had.

Where's the problem?

And I'd be very wary of BBC subtitles. 80% of what he said is unlikely to have made it on screen. Like I said watching serbo-croatian people speak and having entire sentences savaged was a hobby for a time, the british don't translate, they narrate.

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. Ther[…]

@QatzelOk , the only reason you hate cars is beca[…]

But the ruling class... is up in arms about the f[…]