Obama's Farewell speech in Chicago - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

garrulousunlawful wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paHYyQHmTus

I remember all American Presidents from Nixon on wards, In my opinion he is the best so far

Farewell speech 8 years too late, fucking worst president in last 70 years. Fucking piece of shit was a disaster.
Zagadka wrote:Sartre declined his. And upon googling... Le Duc Tho did, too. He could have done some kind of re-gifting with it.

Somewhat easier to do for a writer and a revolutionary, but you are right that he could have re-gifted it, thereby reducing the affront that an outright refusal would cause.
Zagadka wrote:I don't think you know the meaning of the term "disaster"

I do understand what the term means, he set the US back geopoliticaly , financially, and morally. He is a traitor in my eyes, no one was worse for our country.
Oxymoron wrote:I do understand what the term means, he set the US back geopoliticaly , financially, and morally. He is a traitor in my eyes, no one was worse for our country.

I think that at least W did far worse to our geopolitical levels, and financially we are far better off than we were when he took office. Morally is probably something where we diametrically oppose "good" against "bad" about.
Zagadka wrote:I think that at least W did far worse to our geopolitical levels, and financially we are far better off than we were when he took office. Morally is probably something where we diametrically oppose "good" against "bad" about.

W was a bad president, but Obama knowingly expanded the problem, both these bozos are bad, one for being an imbecile and one for being a straight up traitor
Obama was pretty much LBJ 2.0: his domestic legacy was undermined by partisan opposition and his foreign policy was essentially containment of his predecessors colossal fuckups.

That said, he's going to look like a strategic genius compared to Trump.
I've oft compared Obama to LBJ for those reasons. Democrats hate it as LBJ is something of a traitor in their minds for escalating Vietnam. Republicans hate it legitimizes Obama as having been president.
Oxymoron wrote:I do understand what the term means, he set the US back geopoliticaly , financially, and morally. He is a traitor in my eyes, no one was worse for our country.

why do you drag Bush in to this? :D

Since Nixon the USA has not had a better president, and this is coming from some one who did not like him.
As for economy, bush ruined the US, Obama brought it back from the brink of bankruptcy. :eh:
Morally the USA is back on track because of him, Under Bush so many Americans were embarrassed of their nationality :roll:
Geo-politically, he made no changes at all.

@Oxymoron I guess I have found you out with one comment,
You aint no American!
I bet you all I have you are an Israeli Jew dressed as an american in disguise!!!
am I right? :D
there is enough of you there
garrulousunlawful wrote:He is educated, Very articulate, he has great charisma and he has a warm voice, to cut it short, he is a natural talent at public speaking. even his pauses and hesitations are perfectly placed.

I don't think he's a particularly good public speaker. He's too slow and his pauses are annoying.
I read a few articles that reported Obama mentioning racism in his speech, but I did not read that he mentioned the four black Chicago wannabe rap thugs who kidnapped a young white man who beat him and taunted "fuck white people" while livestreaming it on Facebook.
maz wrote:I read a few articles that reported Obama mentioning racism in his speech, but I did not read that he mentioned the four black Chicago wannabe rap thugs who kidnapped a young white man who beat him and taunted "fuck white people" while livestreaming it on Facebook.

Maybe he did not want to upset people too much with his remarks on racism so he avoided that event? Just because he did not mention it, does not mean that he is not thinking about it. He probably did not want anything to derail the purpose of his speech, his final speech as President.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]