Antifa again demonstrates its undemocratic nature - Page 36 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Hindsite wrote:The majority of Antifa members are weak pussies individually, but in numbers as a group of mask thugs they become strong.

Umberto Eco wrote:The followers must feel humiliated by the ostentatious wealth and force of their enemies. When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers must be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak. Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy.
Hindsite wrote:The majority of Antifa members are weak pussies individually, but in numbers as a group of mask thugs they become strong.

The most important thing to know is that Antifa is simply an extension of the Corporations & media, at the end of the day.

Of course, Antifa's radical viewpoints differ to some degree. For instance, globalists are not interested in actually redistributing their wealth, but it is very useful to them if people think that they are.

And, in this day and age, globalists are very much in favor of LGBTQ and all manner of radical social agendas from the far left.

Antifa, which appears to be "anti-establishment," is used by the establishment.

Antifa is not strong -- the forces behind Antifa are what is strong.
[quote="SpecialOlympian"][/quote]

Fascists lose wars more precisely because they think that their human Willpower can overcome any material inadequacies they might face, and most have a cult of Death in which they embrace losing their lives in combat. Enough deaths on either side, and their superior willpower will allow them to triumph over the weak and degenerate forces which threaten them.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Please provide evidence for this claim.

None is really necessary. They are not literally employed or used. They are simply not policed to the standard of any right wing organization and are given favorable coverage from both the press and political figures.

They are "used" by the elites in the same way that a leftist would say that Brock Turner 'uses' white privilege to get ahead in life.

The mechanisms which enable Antifa to be used this way are not even consciously constructed: they are de facto due to the way that the cards have been dealt over the last decades.
Ok, let's accept Verv's ridiculous premise that antifa is regularly portrayed in a positive light by the media. Maybe violent rightwing groups would receive more favorable coverage if they weren't violent?

Just a thought. But "not being violent" might be an issue since violence seems inherent to the ideology. Maybe it's fascistic beliefs regarding racial and ethnic purity that are the problem, and not their coverage? How does one paint a smiley face on repeated, regular, acts of mass violence?
Verv wrote:None is really necessary.

Yes, evidence is necessary for your unbelievable and unlikely claim.

They are not literally employed or used. They are simply not policed to the standard of any right wing organization and are given favorable coverage from both the press and political figures.

They are "used" by the elites in the same way that a leftist would say that Brock Turner 'uses' white privilege to get ahead in life.

The mechanisms which enable Antifa to be used this way are not even consciously constructed: they are de facto due to the way that the cards have been dealt over the last decades.

This is so vague and based on so many incorrect premises that it is difficult to even analyse critically.

Needless to say, I doubt it is correct.

Can you link to a single news article about antifa from a mainstream media source that portrays them positively?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Can you link to a single news article about antifa from a mainstream media source that portrays them positively?

Montage: The Media’s History Supporting Antifa, an Anti-Free Press, Domestic Terror Group

Normally a group like Antifa that’s avowedly opposed to media transparency would come under criticism from the media itself, yet somehow reporters at CNN, MSNBC, and elsewhere have become Antifa boosters.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo calls Antifa “a good cause.”

“I have been with those people, you can talk about them, I have watched them in the streets protesting in different situations,” Cuomo said. “There’s certainly aspects of them that are true to a cause. That’s a good cause. They want social justice and whatever they want in that context.”

Cuomo’s CNN colleague, Don Lemon, said the group should be thought of as their name suggests — “anti-fascist” and therefore on the right side of these street clashes. On the specific question of Antifa’s embrace of violence, Lemon said: “ ‘No organization is perfect.”

CNN’s Sara Sidner defended Antifa violence against reporters and police officers at the Charlottesville protest, insisting that the actions only came about as a result of “neo-Nazis” that spurred the protest. “They say nonviolence hasn’t worked,” Sidner said understandingly of Antifa. “And that, ‘We are going to try to stop this.’”

CNN contributor Michael Eric Dyson likened Antifa to a cancer treatment that’s trying to preserve “the fabric of America.”

“The radiation is tough treatment,” Dyson said, referring to Antifa violence. “But it is meant to remove the cancer.”

During an episode of Meet the Press, a Dartmouth professor who’s written a book on Antifa said “fascism cannot be defeated through speech,” and condoned the group’s use of aggressor violence as a form of self-defense.

And that’s just a sampling. For more, check out the montage above.

https://news.grabien.com/story-montage- ... -press-dom
Last edited by Hindsite on 28 Sep 2019 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Let us look at these one at a time:

The first one says that supposedly says that antifa is “a good cause”.

Can you provide a link to the news article where he says that?

It was not a news article. It was on CNN cable TV news Chris Cuomo Prime Time. Click on Montage video to see all of them like it says.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:
For the love of god, will people stop making content-free one-liners that boil down to "prove it", "that doesn't count", "I know what you are, but what am I?" etc. It's as if you think the Monty Python Argument Sketch is a guide to good discussion. This may be Political Circus, but that doesn't mean that clowning about is compulsory.

The thread is based on a lie, actually a number of lies.

It started with a Republican attempt to get Antifa listed as a terrorist organisation. Which is idiotic, but worth a laugh.

It's useful as the Distract part of the Moscow Rules.

The terrorism of the American Right goes back to the 1800s, and thousands have been killed.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:For the love of god, will people stop making content-free one-liners that boil down to "prove it", "that doesn't count", "I know what you are, but what am I?" etc. It's as if you think the Monty Python Argument Sketch is a guide to good discussion. This may be Political Circus, but that doesn't mean that clowning about is compulsory.
That's not an argument, that's a contradiction.

:D
Hindsite wrote:It was not a news article. It was on CNN cable TV news Chris Cuomo Prime Time. Click on Montage video to see all of them like it says.

Please link to the transcript and quote the relevant text so that we see the quote in context.

Thanks.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please link to the transcript and quote the relevant text so that we see the quote in context.

Thanks.

I am not aware of any transcript and I don't intend to waste my time searching the internet for you.
The montage news video has it all.
Do you have slow internet that prevents you from watching videos?
Hindsite wrote:I am not aware of any transcript and I don't intend to waste my time searching the internet for you.

No, he can watch videos, but he won't.

But, because you can't provide a transcript, he'll declare that your point is unsupported and, therefore, you lose and he wins...
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, evidence is necessary for your unbelievable and unlikely claim.

This is so vague and based on so many incorrect premises that it is difficult to even analyse critically.

Needless to say, I doubt it is correct.

Can you link to a single news article about antifa from a mainstream media source that portrays them positively?

Sure, here is an interesting example of CNN giving a voice to the idea that Pres. Trump is siding with white nationalists and that antifa are peaceful protesters actually trying to protect their city:

Do note how the video is then just over, right, because nothing more has to be said, and no challenge to such statements will be given by CNN. They accept this as a good reporting.

I got this in about 1-2 minutes off of a single search.

I think you are also aware that such criticisms exist elsewhere.
Hindsite wrote:I am not aware of any transcript and I don't intend to waste my time searching the internet for you.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... PT.01.html

Quote the relevant text. All of it.

Verv wrote:Sure, here is an interesting example of CNN giving a voice to the idea that Pres. Trump is siding with white nationalists and that antifa are peaceful protesters actually trying to protect their city:

Do note how the video is then just over, right, because nothing more has to be said, and no challenge to such statements will be given by CNN. They accept this as a good reporting.

I got this in about 1-2 minutes off of a single search.

Whqt exactly do they say? Do they mention antifa? Does the reporter say good things about antifa or is it the interviewee?
Pants-of-dog wrote:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1904/29/CPT.01.html

Quote the relevant text. All of it.

Whqt exactly do they say? Do they mention antifa? Does the reporter say good things about antifa or is it the interviewee?

You've been given every possible bit and piece which supports the argument.

You, however, don't actually have a point. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing. If I told you water was wet, you'd want proof. Your "what about this" and "what about that" and "quote the text" bullshit is tiresome, but at least it exposes the fact that you're woefully ill-prepared to intelligently discuss anything...

https://twitter.com/UKTired/status/178305497055778[…]

You can't arrest someone for protesting or having[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim that the IDF deliberately targeted human[…]

Mexicans are speculating that he might use them i[…]