Antifa again demonstrates its undemocratic nature - Page 37 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

BigSteve wrote:You've been given every possible bit and piece which supports the argument.

No.

I was given a link to a misleading editorial.

When I asked for clarification and context about the first claim in the misleading editorial, no one provided it.

I then linked to the transcript which provides context, and incidentally exonerates Mr. Cuomo, and no one was able to quote the relevant context.

So, no.

And if you actually watch the CNN video that @Verv posted, antifa is not mentioned at all, the interviewee makes all the political commentary, and the reporter maintains objectivity.
BigSteve wrote:No, he can watch videos, but he won't.

But, because you can't provide a transcript, he'll declare that your point is unsupported and, therefore, you lose and he wins...

I guess that means there is no point wasting time replying to Pants-of-dog.
Praise the Lord.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I provided the link to the transcript. People can read it for themselves and see that the quote was taken out of context and deliberately misinterpreted in order to support a claim about the media supporting antifa.

Your opinion is irrelevant, and that's all this nonsense is...
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, providing a link to a transcript and inviting others to read it is not an opinion.

Your opinion is irrelevant, and that's all this nonsense is.

It's laughable that you think you should be taken seriously when you whine about someone providing a link after they provide you a link...
BigSteve wrote:Your opinion is irrelevant, and that's all this nonsense is.

It's laughable that you think you should be taken seriously when you whine about someone providing a link after they provide you a link...

Even in the transcript Pants-of-dog links to has Cuomo referring to Antifa as a good cause.

CUOMO: As soon as a protest becomes a riot, you're criminals, and you should be treated that way. That's the law. That's simple. All I'm going to say is this.

ASTORINO: Yes. And these thugs - these thugs have pipes. They have bricks. And they hurt people.

CUOMO: You will look at Black Lives Matter. I've been with those people in the streets. You can talk about Antifa. I've watched them in the streets protesting in different situations, OK?

There are certainly aspects of them that are true to a cause. That is a good cause.
They want social justice. They want whatever they want in that context. You tell me when that has ever happened--

ASTORINO: Not Antifa. Antifa is arrogance (ph).

CUOMO: You tell me when that has ever happened with Neo-Nazis, where they have ever been doing the right thing?

CORTES: Chris, Antifa is not a good cause. Antifa does not have--

ASTORINO: They--

CORTES: --good aims. Antifa wants power, wants political power taken through force. That's what Antifa is all about.

The point is that Cuomo is trying to defend Antifa as having a good cause in spite of their violence and Pants-of-dog said that no one is defending Antifa and wanted references. Then even when he finds the reference himself, he claims it is quoted out of context.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you agree that figjting racism and fascism is a good cause, compared to the cause of supporting racism and fascism?

No, not when "fighting racism" includes hurling a rock at the back of someone's head just because you think he sides with nazis. At that point, you are no better than the person you're attacking...
So you think supporting fascism is the moral equivalent of fighting fascism?

——————-

Anyway:

If you think fighting fascism is better than supporting it, then you also have to agree that from a moral standpoint, anti-fascist activists are better than fascists and neo-Nazis.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, he is saying that antifa has a good cause, in comparison to the neo-Nazis, who did not.

Do you agree that figjting racism and fascism is a good cause, compared to the cause of supporting racism and fascism?

Antifa are using violence against all those that have a different opinion that they contact. It is not about fighting against racism or fascism at all. Antifa wants political power taken through force.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Oh yes, you quoted the media showing antifa in a bad light, thereby contradicting your own claim.

Well done!

We conservatives know the left-wing media will try to spin it to try to turn the truth into a lie.
Pants-of-dog wrote:And since the media said they were bad, as you just pointed out, then that means they are good?

Only if it meets their power grabbing political goal. The far-left media are deceptive. You can't trust them on political matters.
maz wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1178498843597344768

It sounds those Antifa are hollering "Nazis scum get off our street" at that old couple with the old woman using a walker to get around. That is shameful conduct.
This makes it clear that anyone they wish is a Nazis scum to Antifa.
maz wrote:I have been trying to explain for years now that these insane people consider all white people to be nazis. They had to go out of their way to create a fake nazi panic with Richard Spencer and Charlottesville to get this moral panic started.

I really doubt that they will limit their Nazi accusation and hatred to just white people. It is really everyone that disagrees with them. They are just concentrating on white people now.
From the CNN transcript:

CUOMO: You will look at Black Lives Matter. I've been with those people in the streets. You can talk about Antifa. I've watched them in the streets protesting in different situations, OK?

There are certainly aspects of them that are true to a cause. That is a good cause. They want social justice. They want whatever they want in that context. You tell me when that has ever happened--

ASTORINO: Not Antifa. Antifa is arrogance (ph).

CUOMO: You tell me when that has ever happened with Neo-Nazis, where they have ever been doing the right thing?

CORTES: Chris, Antifa is not a good cause. Antifa does not have--

ASTORINO: They--

CORTES: --good aims. Antifa wants power, wants political power taken through force. That's what Antifa is all about.

CUOMO: Steve, just be - just be clear about what I'm saying.

CORTES: I mean they're the inheritors of Nazis and Brownshirts.

CUOMO: I am not here to espouse Antifa or any group on the political spectrum.

CORTES: Well it just sounds like it.

CUOMO: No. Because you want it to be like that because you want it to be simple.

CORTES: No.

CUOMO: And you want to be able to run away after something like this, and say, "Cuomo loves the Alt-Left. He loves them." And you know it's not true. You know it's BS.

What I'm saying is this. You don't draw a moral equivalence between Neo-Nazis and the people there to fight against them. You don't do it in that context because it's not what we are about in this country.

CORTES: OK. What - what the President said about Neo-Nazis--

CUOMO: And, Rob, when you pair it with a President who refuses to call out Steve King, a President who says that the problems with domestic terrorism, with Right-wing extremists is not a big deal, but he talks about Islam hating all of us, when they are nowhere near responsible for what we're dealing with here in terms of death and attacks, as the Right-wing extremists, when you put it all together, it makes you wonder, Rob, why is he so soft on one, and so loud on the other?

Help me understand.

So, Cuomo explicitly says that he does not espouse antifa, and he says that he knows that people will accuse him of it so he does make it explicit.

And he gets accused of it anyway.

Obviously, the person who wrote that misleading editorial about how the media loves antifa either did not listen to the whole show or read the entire transcript, or deliberately ignored it.

Shall me move on to the next supposed quote in the misleading editorial?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]