Antifa again demonstrates its undemocratic nature - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Verv wrote:How about this:

Micah Xavier Johnson, a radical black extremist, killed 5 police: Wikipedia.

In 2016, there were several other attacks on police officers, leaving officers dead.

Can we say that BLM is a terrorist threat?

No.

prophetofpan wrote:Question: Is Antifa actually something that is recognizable as a group outside of the Portland Oregon city limits? :lol:

No. Antifa is not a cohesive thing. It is a grassroots response to nazis marching through your local neighborhood.

The thing is that the reactonaries on this forum can only think in terms of strict, military hierarchies. So they can't understand how an organization organized at the local level works.
prophetofpan wrote:Question: Is Antifa actually something that is recognizable as a group outside of the Portland Oregon city limits? :lol:

Yes. The main stream media controlled by the left in the USA have refused to report much on them.

Who are Antifa?

The anti-fascist protest movement known as antifa gained new prominence in the United States after the white supremacist Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, VA, in August 2017. In Charlottesville and at many subsequent events held by white supremacists or right-wing extremists, antifa activists have aggressively confronted what they believe to be authoritarian movements and groups.

These antifa sometimes use a logo with a double flag, usually in black and red. The antifa movement began in the 1960s in Europe, and had reached the US by the end of the 1970s. Most people who show up to counter or oppose white supremacist public events are peaceful demonstrators, but when antifa show up, as they frequently do, they can increase the chances that an event may turn violent.

Today, antifa activists focus on harassing right wing extremists both online and in real life. Antifa is not a unified group; it is loose collection of local/regional groups and individuals. Their presence at a protest is intended to intimidate and dissuade racists, but the use of violent measures by some antifa against their adversaries can create a vicious, self-defeating cycle of attacks, counter-attacks and blame. This is why most established civil rights organizations criticize antifa tactics as dangerous and counterproductive.

The current political climate increases the chances of violent confrontations at protests and rallies. Antifa have expanded their definition of fascist/fascism to include not just white supremacists and other extremists, but also many conservatives and supporters of President Trump. In Berkeley, for example, some antifa were captured on video harassing Trump supporters with no known extremist connections. Antifa have also falsely characterized some recent right wing rallies as “Nazi” events, even though they were not actually white supremacist in nature.

While some antifa use their fists, other violent tactics include throwing projectiles, including bricks, crowbars, homemade slingshots, metal chains, water bottles, and balloons filled with urine and feces. They have deployed noxious gases, pushed through police barricades, and attempted to exploit any perceived weakness in law enforcement presence.

Away from rallies, they also engage in “doxxing,” exposing their adversaries’ identities, addresses, jobs and other private information. This can lead to their opponents being harassed or losing their jobs, among other consequences. Members of the alt right and other right wing extremists have responded with their own doxxing campaigns, and by perpetuating hateful and violent narratives using fake “antifa” social media accounts.

Because there is no unifying body for antifa, it is impossible to know how many “members” are currently active. Different localities have antifa populations of different strengths, but antifa are also sometimes willing to travel hundreds of miles to oppose a white supremacist event.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... are-antifa

Trump's threat to label Antifa terrorist group triggers row in Germany
Date 29.07.2019

"I am Antifa" began trending in Germany after Trump said he might label the group a terror organization. Left-wing politicians hit back at the US president, while far-right politicians expressed support for the proposal.

The hashtag #IchbinAntifa ("I am Antifa") began trending on Twitter in Germany on Sunday after US President Donald Trump said he was considering labeling the group a terrorist organization.

Antifa, which is short for anti-fascists, is a loose network comprised of radical left-wing activists that confront right-wing extremists, neo-Nazi groups and white supremacists.

On Saturday, the US president said that the new classification "would make it easier for police to do their jobs," and dubbed the anti-fascist group "gutless radical left wack jobs."

The hashtag sparked ire among politicians of the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, several of whom expressed support for Trump and called for a similar measure in Germany.

"If Antifa is finally classified as a terrorist organization in this country as well, then the currently popular hashtag 'I am Antifa' offers up a very rich pool of investigative leads in the fight against terrorism," AfD parliamentarian Jürgen Braun wrote on Twitter.

"Donald Trump is making it possible, thank you very much!" the far-right politician added.

The Hamburg branch of Germany's police union also criticized Antifa, posting pictures of black-clad protesters holding signs calling for violence against police.

"Violence as a means of political conflict must be prohibited and criminally prosecuted — this must be a democratic consensus that transcends party and ideological boundaries," the union wrote.

The modern Antifa movement began to take shape in the 1960s and became active in the US in the 1970s.

Recent clashes between left-wing and right-wing protesters in the US prompted conservative Republican lawmakers to propose classifying Antifa as a terrorist organization.

https://www.dw.com/en/trumps-threat-to- ... a-49780400
So, a college professor and the college where he works received threats after the professor publicly supported antifa.

No doubt all the people who support free speech and think such death threats constitute terrorism will now denounce these anti-antifa people.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/news ... e-20190827
SpecialOlympian wrote:His job description can be stated as: "Provoke and antagonize antifa."

Yes, because accurately and consistently reporting AntiFA’s activities to the general public is so antagonistic. The proper term is watchdog journalism, and the people being so watched resent it like hell.

Meanwhile, the Minds.com event is going forward despite AntiFA’s attempts to shut it down:

An event hosted by free speech friendly social network Minds.com on racism and political violence will proceed this weekend, despite Antifa threats.

The event was previously set to be held at a theater in Pitman, New Jersey. The theater owner canceled the event after allegedly receiving multiple threats from Antifa, including an alleged threat to burn his theater down.

The Minds.com event has now secured a new venue. The venue will be announced publicly the day of the event.

The event’s lineup includes Daryl Davis, a Christian blues musician famous for using his religious beliefs to engage with members of the KKK, causing many of the white supremacist group’s members to renounce the Klan and racism. Davis will be addressing how to bring racial extremists “back from the edge,” in a one-hour discussion with Minds.com CEO Bill Ottman.

This is the event that the allegedly anti-racist “Antifa,” a far-left extremist movement known for its regular acts of violence against its political targets, is protesting.
Doug64 wrote:Yes, because accurately and consistently reporting AntiFA’s activities to the general public is so antagonistic.

He deliberately edits his videos to make it look like antifa started the fights when it's Patriot Prayer, and other extremist right groups, that he marches with. Only someone who is immensely retarded would think Ngo is doing actual journalism, so I choose to believe you are knowingly arguing in bad faith.

He also does not report on Patriot Prayer's violence, despite them discussing their planned attacks in front of him.

It's almost as if, like all right wing media personalities, he is a shithead grifter who sides with actual fascists. But that's OK, because in your giant, magnificent braincase you don't actually care about democratic principles, which is why you have consistently defended nazis and the people who spread and amplify their message.

Frankly, I'm glad that Andy Ngo got his ass kicked. I hope that he is permanently paralyzed or killed someday, because he is a garbage person and everyone who sides with him is garbage as well. Coincidentally, the people in this thread playing up Ngo's martyrdom have consistently gone to bat for actual nazi murderers.
SpecialOlympian wrote:
The thing is that the reactonaries on this forum can only think in terms of strict, military hierarchies. So they can't understand how an organization organized at the local level works.

I have to give you credit for this statement actually. In Petrograd in 1917 during the Russian Revolution, General Kornilov and his reactionary forces attempted a coup and marched on the city. Meanwhile, Kerensky and his ''Provisional Government'' were helplessly dithering and wondering what to do and managed to do nothing, while the ''Soviets'' (''Soviet means ''Council'') of Workers and Soldiers in the city spontaneously organized a resistance to General Kornilov and ended his attempted takeover almost bloodlessly.

But ''Soviets'' these Antifa types are not, for the most part. Both sides in these street fights are pretty lame physically and mentally.
annatar1914 wrote:But ''Soviets'' these Antifa types are not, for the most part. Both sides in these street fights are pretty lame physically and mentally.

Because they're hobbyists. Whereas a Soviet in 1917 was a worker trying to feed his family and just survive in the world a neo-leftist or neo-rightist is often just someone wanting to agitate. They've got no interest in actually being brave because deep down they don't believe in it perhaps.
SpecialOlympian wrote:He deliberately edits his videos to make it look like antifa started the fights when it's Patriot Prayer, and other extremist right groups, that he marches with.

Proof, please.
Doug64 wrote:Proof, please.

From Vice News

Summary: Andy Ngo was hanging out with Patriot Prayer as they planned an attack, then reframed the attack as antifa instigated violence. Because he is a dishonest turd golem.

Right-wing blogger Andy Ngo went from relative obscurity to a national conservative hero in the struggle against antifa after antifascists beat him up during a rally in Portland, Oregon, earlier this summer.

But now video has surfaced of Ngo smiling and laughing with members of the far-right group Patriot Prayer shortly before they allegedly orchestrated an attack on a group of antifascists at a leftist bar in a separate incident in May. A female bar patron was knocked unconscious and said she suffered a fractured vertebrae.

In his coverage, Ngo framed the incident as an “antifa brawl” and did not mention that he was with members of Patriot Prayer as they donned body armor, helmets, and weapons before launching their alleged attack.

To Ngo’s critics, the footage confirms what they’ve argued all along: that far from a victim of political violence in Portland, he’s a willing participant. He’s been repeatedly accused of selectively editing videos from protests in a manner that absolves far-right activists of responsibility and skews blame towards antifa.

Don't know why the url code isn't working, but here's a link to the article: https://tinyurl.com/y3uq7sgn
Political Interest wrote:Because they're hobbyists. Whereas a Soviet in 1917 was a worker trying to feed his family and just survive in the world a neo-leftist or neo-rightist is often just someone wanting to agitate. They've got no interest in actually being brave because deep down they don't believe in it perhaps.

Exactly so, my friend, good points! But the times that make men serious and consider matters of survival important again, those times are returning.
SpecialOlympian wrote:He’s been repeatedly accused of selectively editing videos from protests in a manner that absolves far-right activists of responsibility and skews blame towards antifa.

He’s been “repeatedly accused of selectively editing videos” by the same people that believe the proper response to someone disagreeing with them on politics is a bike chain to the head? The people that assaulted police in an attempt to attack those they despise even more than they despise those police, while their intended victims cheered on the police defending them? The allies of the people that claimed that Kavanaugh is a rapist and that Trump called neo-Nazis “very fine people”? Why should we believe them? I asked for proof, not more accusations.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Thank you for providing evidence that this conference is actually for racists and the people attending are primarily racist.

How does convincing people that racism is wrong and so to leave the Klan make you a racist?
Now, do you think the people who threatened the antifa professor and his college are terrorists?

Anyone that threatens to harm others—be it career or health, much less their lives—because of a disagreement over politics is a terrorist. Informing others that you are willing to give as well as you get is not. Which applies here I don’t know, but considering that this professor is associated with AntiFA without more information I would lean toward the second. But that’s just an initial judgment based on AntiFA’s modus operandi, it could easily be wrong.
SpecialOlympian wrote:He deliberately edits his videos to make it look like antifa started the fights when it's Patriot Prayer, and other extremist right groups, that he marches with. Only someone who is immensely retarded would think Ngo is doing actual journalism, so I choose to believe you are knowingly arguing in bad faith.

Do you have evidence that he's editing his videos in such a manner? Please provide the irrefutable proof that you surely must have...

Frankly, I'm glad that Andy Ngo got his ass kicked. I hope that he is permanently paralyzed or killed someday, because he is a garbage person and everyone who sides with him is garbage as well. Coincidentally, the people in this thread playing up Ngo's martyrdom have consistently gone to bat for actual nazi murderers.

Well, then perhaps it's appropriate that we call for the gunning down of all antifa scumbags, and everyone who sides with them is a scumbag, too.

That'd be fair, right?

And who's "gone to bat" for nazi murderers? What a monumentally stupid thing to say...
SpecialOlympian wrote:giberrishgibberishnonsense

From the piece you posted:

"He’s been repeatedly accused of selectively editing videos from protests in a manner that absolves far-right activists of responsibility and skews blame towards antifa."

That's a long way from evidence. In fact, it's nothing more than unsupported bullshit.

You know, like your unsupported bullshit.

You'll never admit that you have no proof that he edits his videos in this way, so I won't ask you to, but you know you don't. Everyone here knows you don't...
BigSteve wrote:Do you have evidence that he's editing his videos in such a manner? Please provide the irrefutable proof that you surely must have...

Yes, see above. I just posted it. Andy was hanging out with Patriot Prayer, standing only feet away from them as they planned an attack, and chose to edit the video to make it appear as if the fight Patriot Prayer planed was instigated by antifa.

And who's "gone to bat" for nazi murderers? What a monumentally stupid thing to say...

Lmbo look up any thread about the Charlottesville nazi march. The people you're agreeing with love nazis.

BigSteve wrote:You'll never admit that you have no proof that he edits his videos in this way, so I won't ask you to, but you know you don't. Everyone here knows you don't...

I just posted proof. I'm sorry that the truth hurts your feelings, but at least 4 Patriot Prayer shitheads are going to be convicted felons because of the footage shared by the guy you decried as a liar. Because apparently lying to violent fascists is bad in your view.

The footage shows Ngo hanging around them as they plan the attack. The same attack Ngo presented as antifa instigated violence.
Doug64 wrote:He’s been “repeatedly accused of selectively editing videos” by the same people that believe the proper response to someone disagreeing with them on politics is a bike chain to the head?

That is the proper response to nazis, yes. Violence against nazis is unambiguously good.

I like how you and your fellow boomer Bigsteve focus on the "alleged" part, which is just regular reporting language, and ignore:

But now video has surfaced of Ngo smiling and laughing with members of the far-right group Patriot Prayer shortly before they allegedly orchestrated an attack on a group of antifascists at a leftist bar in a separate incident in May. A female bar patron was knocked unconscious and said she suffered a fractured vertebrae.

Now because you are a disingenuous supporter of fascism, I will point out that it's standard practice for any journalistic enterprise to describe any crime committed by any subject of a story as "alleged" until formally convicted. So please, surprise me with your next bad faith argument you nazi humper.

Also lmbo were you the guy who called the Canadian Royal Mounted Police on me and made them read my post dunking on you?
annatar1914 wrote:Exactly so, my friend, good points! But the times that make men serious and consider matters of survival important again, those times are returning.

Thank you, sir. That's very much true what you say, the situation is going to change over the course of this century and the stupidity of the 20th century will have its consequences. It's going to be a very bad hangover.

Here's the said video of Ngo hanging out with the Patriot Prayer. I'm not going to watch the entire video but at 9:25 they are simply talking about antifa being somewhere where they were allegedly planning to walk.

How this being construed as Patriot Prayer planning an attack is not immediately clear. The black guy, who is obviously a neo-nazi, even seems to be against the idea of walking down that pathway. Another guy says that if they do walk down the street, maybe the antifa guys will just ignore them.

I'm not sure how hanging out with some guys who just want to walk down the street proves anything and why SpecialOlympian is making such a big deal out of it.

Anyways, the fact that Ngo is hanging out with these guys doesn't change the fact that antifa beats people up in the street and that they are a dangerous threat.

At 12 seconds into this video, an antifa goon whacks a guy upside the head with a baseball bat. Looks like the guy was hurt very badly. If any right wing person did this they would be slapped with an attempted murder charge.

Antifa Attacks Fellow Portland Protester for Carrying American Flag

Members of the domestic terrorist organization known as Antifa physically assaulted a man who describes himself as “slightly progressive” for carrying an American flag at a protest in Portland, Oregon, that quickly turned violent.

Paul Welch, 38, joined a “counterprotest” on Aug. 4 in response to a right-wing rally at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park. As he held the flag, a group of black-clad Antifa members approached and told him to dispose of the flag, which they called a “fascist” symbol. But Welch didn’t give in to their demands.

The encounter, which was captured on video, continued with the Antifa members trying to snatch the flag from Welch, who wasn’t letting go. It ended with him being clubbed in the back of the head. The video footage shows the Antifa member who dealt the blow walking away nonchalantly as Welch lay on the ground with his hands covering his bloodied head, while visibly in pain.

No one immediately came to assist Welch before the footage stops.

“My bones turned to Jell-O and I just went down,” Welch told The Oregonian. He believes that he was struck with a metal object on the end of the club. “I remember thinking there was a very good chance that I could be beaten to death.”

It took four staples to close the three-inch gash in his head, and Welch had to spend two days recovering from a concussion before returning to work, according to the newspaper. Hundreds of other Portlanders were also present at the protest.

“I didn’t come as a part of any group,” Welch said, who describes himself as a “slightly progressive leftist.”

He said he felt conflicted in the days after the incident. He has since filed a police report, and Portland police are investigating.
Curbing Violence

Antifa is known for increasingly resorting to violence while donning masks or bandanas that serve to obscure their faces. Violent members may soon be held federally liable if Congress approves a bill that provides enhanced penalties against rioters who conceal their identity.

The proposed bill dubbed the Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018 states that anyone “while in disguise” who “injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person in any State,” would be fined or sent to prison for a maximum of 15 years—or both. It was introduced in August by Rep. Daniel Donovan Jr. (R-N.Y.).

Some have criticized anti-masking bills as being an infringement of constitutional rights. But Donovan spoke out against such critics and told them to look closer at the wording.

“To those predicting a doomsday totalitarian state from my Unmasking Antifa Act: please read the bill,” he wrote on Twitter. “It simply adds a penalty for wearing a mask while infringing on the Constitutional rights of others to assemble and speak freely.”

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mal[…]

^ unless it is an Israeli embassy that gets blown […]

@Rich Not for the dead.

"The United States last week secretly shipped[…]