Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:I think one can argue that transphobic parents are abusive, at least if we properly define transphobia.

I think it would be more correct to say that while there would be a lot of overlap between transphobic behaviour by parents, and abusive behaviour by parents of transphobic kids, the two are not synonymous.

It is possible for parents of trans kids to be abusive and not transphobic, or be transphobic and not abusive.
Parents should not necessarily be supportive of their trans kids unless they have the advice of real experts indicating that the kid is really trans.

As I have said time and again, it is entirely possible for parents to jump the gun. Statistics show that by age 18 the overwhelming majority of gender dysphoric children resolve to their biological sex. There is a growing number of medical professionals who express concern that the faddishness of transgenderism these days may lead to premature and irreversible gender assignment decisions.
Parents should be supportive in a general sense, but not necessarily of the kid's "transgender identity". Even worse would be if they started to ask the kid suggestive questions if it sends them a "gender message" as described by the expert in the video I posted. Irresponsible stuff that is only topped by bullying parents with the suicide of their kids.
Parents should be supportive in a general sense, but not necessarily of the kid's "transgender identity". Even worse would be if they started to ask the kid suggestive questions if it sends them a "gender message" as described by the expert in the video I posted. Irresponsible stuff that is only topped by bullying parents with the suicide of their kids.

QFT.

From a parent's standpoint this is not a moral issue. It is a medical one. Many favor looking at these profound and irreversible medical decisions as somehow based upon a moral judgment. (And I include the religious arguments in this of course.) It should not be. Gender reassignment cannot be reversed with a change of clothes and a 'sorry, my bad'.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]