Transgender father encourages 5 year old to change gender - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

https://www.christianheadlines.com/cont ... child.html

The LGBT community is now infecting the youth with their garbage. They go after young, innocent children to try to make their case because they're not able to make a legitimate case against well-informed adults. Pretty fucking pathetic that they are preying on children and using them as social experiments. It's absolutely horrible.

Sooner or later they will start including pedophiles into their movement. We can already see that happening.

Do what you want; live your life; be the person you want to be. Just leave the children out of it. I will not stand by and allow innocent children to be infected by their lies and their garbage.

Everyone needs to be speaking up and condemning this unequivocally.
Transgenderism should be considered a mental disorder
just like psychopathy and schizophrenia
transgenders are not normal people and they should not be encouraged by society they need mental treatment

Western modern society is too forgiving those days no wonder everything is going to shit
today everyone are snowflakes refusing to take criticism
Transgenderism should be considered a mental disorder

It is if you understand the terms used to describe it.

just like psychopathy and schizophrenia

It has absolutely nothing in common with these.

transgenders are not normal people and they should not be encouraged by society they need mental treatment

I don't really know what "normal people" means but they are encourage by the medical community to seek treatment and almost all of them do.

Western modern society is too forgiving those days no wonder everything is going to shit
today everyone are snowflakes refusing to take criticism

Forgiving of what? What bad thing do/did transgendered people do that they should be criticized or seek forgiveness for?
Actually the APA recently redefined transgendrism away from being a disorder as the slow but steady corruption of the field of psychology continues.

https://thinkprogress.org/apa-revises-m ... 321f775d2/

The field of psychology was arguably, from its inception, a move away from similar techniques once employed in the exoteric parts of religion into the realm of "secular" science but without that religious guidance, psychology seems less and less about what is good for the community or even the individual and more about the socio-political trends dominant at a given moment.

Ultimately, I believe that anyone who ties their political ship to transvestites and homosexuals is going to have problems because I don't believe that most of those people are capable of being politically satisfied. One way to put this is that the criterion they are using for interacting and sharing with the world is fundamentally different from the assumptions that "cis" people hold.

To provide a recent example, I was in an elevator and a gay man was debating living costs with a tired looking mother. I'm not sure if he didn't understand the costs associated with family or if he just didn't care but it was clear that he just wasn't on the same page as her, whether we are looking at two weeks down the line, two years or more.

Similarly, I remember when I was a lawyer in California and one of the homosexual paralegals had a really nice Lexus. I don't get jealous about things like cars but what struck me about this was that a normal person would never have spent his kind of salary to lease a car like that.

It isn't obvious to most people but these kinds of differences in priorities extend outwards into other kinds of social and economic policy differences.
Hong Wu wrote:The field of psychology was arguably, from its inception, a move away from similar techniques once employed in the exoteric parts of religion into the realm of "secular" science but without that religious guidance, psychology seems less and less about what is good for the community or even the individual and more about the socio-political trends dominant at a given moment.

What I don't understand about psychiatry is how it is even reliable or proven. They seem to have all of these arbitrary theories and ideas about how the mind works but which of them can be quantified or scientifically tested? And they give pills for every problem. They used to even use electric shock treatment to treat psychological problems. It's as if they just make it up as they go along. I've no doubt it's an interesting field of study and it is one we should continue to pursue. But making authoritative statements about social relations based on their arbitrary understandings is not a right psychiatrists should hold. In Romania under communism it was considered a mental illness to not be a communist. Perhaps we need to de-politicise psychiatry. We need to improve the psychiatric field.
Political Interest wrote:What I don't understand about psychiatry is how it is even reliable or proven. They seem to have all of these arbitrary theories and ideas about how the mind works but which of them can be quantified or scientifically tested? And they give pills for every problem. They used to even use electric shock treatment to treat psychological problems. It's as if they just make it up as they go along. I've no doubt it's an interesting field of study and it is one we should continue to pursue. But making authoritative statements about social relations based on their arbitrary understandings is not a right psychiatrists should hold. In Romania under communism it was considered a mental illness to not be a communist. Perhaps we need to de-politicise psychiatry. We need to improve the psychiatric field.

I think these are good points. If we went solely off of social and patient results, everything in the past couple decades of psychiatry would be thrown out. Happiness has gone down, social cohesion has gone down, suicide rate has gone up and drug dependence is way up too.

Considering how fickle they are about what is and isn't a mental illness, I think it's very fair to say that they're making at least some of this up as they go along.

The Romania anecdote is also good because they are pretty close to saying that not being a leftist is a mental illness ("toxic masculinity" was classified as a mental illness recently).
Rancid wrote:When we say change gender, what do we mean? Surgery and hormone therapy on a child? Or just "dress/act" like another gender?

They're obviously very different in degree but let's consider that even the latter is opening the door towards the former.

To quote the esteemed 4chan, some boy once squeezed a woman's boobs (don't ask how) and decided he also wanted to be a woman when he grows up because he liked the boobs and thought they were pretty. Is this the level of sophistication the APA is at right now?
Hong Wu wrote:I think these are good points. If we went solely off of social and patient results, everything in the past couple decades of psychiatry would be thrown out. Happiness has gone down, social cohesion has gone down, suicide rate has gone up and drug dependence is way up too.

Considering how fickle they are about what is and isn't a mental illness, I think it's very fair to say that they're making at least some of this up as they go along.

The Romania anecdote is also good because they are pretty close to saying that not being a leftist is a mental illness ("toxic masculinity" was classified as a mental illness recently).

In many ways their dogmas can even be harmful to the people they are supposedly trying to help. Offering such dogmatic solutions to homosexuals and transexual people is not necessarily going to be helpful to them, especially young people and teenagers.

In the case of the subject in the OP it is nothing but child abuse. On what basis can a five year old change their gender? If they were to make such a radical decision it is likely to create severe psychological problems for them later in life.
It is most certainly child abuse.

Not to mention that many people who undergo the surgeries and procedures to become transgender are still not happy. I don't have a link to the study, but I'm fairly certain that the suicide rate for people like this are abnormally high.

I've heard some people argue that the suicide rate for transgenders is caused by society not being 'accepting' enough. It is a question of causality - but I would tend to believe their unhappiness is biological, related to their desire to change their gender - being unhappy with who they are, before and after the surgery. Perhaps they think the only barrier to happiness is their gender, but then come to find that that is not the case at all.

@Pants-of-dog it is not harassment for students […]

So do many other races and people. This genetic […]

Anti-war calls are increasingly being voiced aroun[…]

The other good thing that people may not remember,[…]