Terrorist Attack Against Muslims in New Zealand attributed to White Supremacists - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@maz is too cowardly to say what he means and what @blackjack21 said: "not all white supremacists are inclined toward murder". Even though @maz actually quoted an AOC tweet that referred to white supremacists and decided that referred to all white people. I pointed this out already and he ignored it. I don't believe this though. White supremacy is exactly as violent an ideology as IS and contrary to the strange equivocating performed by @Rich they are identical in almost all of their beliefs and the left decry both groups for being far-right scum.
Fascists move between four responses to violence perpetrated by their own ranks:

(1) Blame the victim for being killed;
(2) Try to draw attention to unrelated attacks conducted by non-fascists;
(3) Deny the attack happened;
(4) Openly embrace the attack (Hint: 1-3 are just deniable versions of 4).

Fascism is serious in the sense that cancer is serious. But it is not serious in the sense that a person of any real intellectual acuity could embrace it.
[quote="blackjack21"]

Nonsense wrote:

...my life affirmative philosophy, is one that respects one & all no matter what they believe.
... these deranged racist paranoid pschopaths”

[quote="blackjack21"]

"Well... that little bout of tolerance was short-lived"

Nonsense - Not at all, there's a difference between "believing" or 'practising'.

"Respecting" what anyone 'believes' does not extend to what they 'practice' when it involves acts outside of the law.

Anyone 'practising' terrorist acts deserve the utmost contempt, punishment to fit the crime & complete lifelong isolation from society.
Apparently some college students blamed Chelsea Clinton for the attack because she joined a recent condemnation of anti-semitism.

What's interesting about this to me is not that they applaud by snapping their fingers but by saying that a condemnation of anti-semitism leads to an attack on Muslims, they're basically saying that Muslims are anti-semitic...
Lightman wrote:Fascism is serious in the sense that cancer is serious. But it is not serious in the sense that a person of any real intellectual acuity could embrace it.

From the French Revolution onward, there was mass mobilisation warfare, with industrialisation the mobilisation of the economy and society necessary to win wars kept increasing, culminating in the first world war. In these wars, but particularly in the first world war the Democracies moved towards fascism, with conscription, labour mobilisation and control, import and export controls, heavy financial controls, censorship etc.

Fascism was an entirely rational response to this situation. To maximise the chance of victory in war required the economic, cultural and ideological mobilisation of society in peace time. Germany and Italy might have lost the 2nd world war, but they would have been far less successful in a world war if they had remained democracies. In 1939 to 1941 Germany and Italy succeeded in defeating the British, French, Dutch, Belgium, Danish and Norwegian democracies. Now in the end the British were able to hold out, but only by access to the huge resources of its empire, America, the Belgian, Portuguese, Dutch and much of the French empire. The British were only able to win in alliance with the huge economic power of the United States and the mobilisation of the quasi fascist Soviet Union.

Similar arguments apply to Japan. they might have lost WWII, but they would have got no where near to what they achieved if they had stay a democracy. Americans often like to pat themselves on the back, for not having a serious fascist movement. :roll: But a fascist movement made no rationale sense for the USA as they faced no serious competitor in the Western hemisphere that could mass mobilise a threatening land army. A similar argument applies to Britain. Britain, protected by the English Channel never sought to compete in the fast mass mobilisation army game.

France on the other hand stupidly clung to democracy in the nineteen thirties, they watched impotently in 38 /39 as Germany rolled up their eastern allies, then got thoroughly stomped on in 1940.
Fascism is just one (mostly dead) version of totalitarianism, each version typically blaming a previous one for its own drive towards power.

I think that if people were not blaming one ethnic group for all of the world's problems based upon a combination of ancestral events and contemporary conspiracy theories there would be much less interest in modern far-right groups than there currently is, which is of course not to say that there is a lot of interest.
Red_Army wrote:@Hong Wu that's bullshit. The attacks on Ilhan Omar were cynical bullshit and nothing she said was antisemitic.

It is obvious that piece of bullshit Muslim hates Jews.

Hong Wu wrote:Also, maybe someone wrote this already but the attacker in this event blamed things as diverse as the cartoon "Spyro the Dragon" and the video-game Fortnite. So going off of what he wrote, he might be crazy.

They have only found one guy, but they act like it was a gang of white people. Obviously the guy has been driven crazy by those Islamic invaders. We all know who the real terrorists are, but the left-wing crazies blame Trump for calling it like he sees it.
HalleluYah
So, there goes another complacent little community in far away New Zealand that considered itself immune to the horrors of the world.

No, it's not the migrants that spread the horror. No, it's not the nasty foreigners that infect local youth with their hatred. The hatred and resentment breed and fester inside people in the most peaceful and prosperous community. It can break into the open any time and any place.

Deep down, the White Supremacists know that they don't deserve the prosperity they have inherited due to the accident of birth. They know they are untalented and uninspiring parasites that don't stand a chance if they had to compete with brown people on a level playing field. Their only chance of defending their unmerited privilege is by a reign of terror.
Similar arguments apply to Japan. they might have lost WWII, but they would have got no where near to what they achieved if they had stay a democracy.

Imperial Japan was a great country until it was taken over by violent fascists who destroyed a British-style democracy through targeted assassinations in the 1930s. Everything went downhill after the pact of Nazi Germany. Brenton Tarrant inherited a small fortune from his dead father, by which he travelled around the world for seven years, including France. Probably he experienced recent terror attacks in France, which may have left him with an emotional trauma. He then plotted the mosque attacks as an act of revenge for the 2016 Bastille Day terror attack in Nice. Brenton Tarrant claimed to be a fascist but he is very similar to ISIS terrorists. It was his personal crusade against ISIS which attacked Europe, in my view. He drafted the manifest based on what he gathered from various Internet chat rooms to legitimize an act of terrorism, believing that he would be shot dead by armed police.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 16 Mar 2019 20:56, edited 2 times in total.
Atlantis wrote:Deep down, the White Supremacists know that they don't deserve the prosperity they have inherited due to the accident of birth. They know they are untalented and uninspiring parasites that don't stand a chance if they had to compete with brown people on a level playing field. Their only chance of defending their unmerited privilege is by a reign of terror.

That is strange, since most of the parasites and violent murders I am aware of are brown people.
Red_Army wrote:@Hindsite, what did she say to indicate she hated Jews?

She is unapologetically pro-Palestinian and has made accusations of dual loyalty against American Jews.

She tweeted that “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” The tweet implied that Israel and its supporters were secretly tricking the world into supporting it, a longtime anti-Semitic trope for which Omar apologized after taking office.

She tweeted that support for Israel in the US Congress was “all about the Benjamins,” suggesting that the pro-Israel lobby AIPAC was buying off American politicians. This smacked of the well-worn conspiracy theory that Jewish financiers buy off American politicians, and led to Democratic leadership publicly condemning Omar’s comments.

Red_Army wrote:You're the one who wants to see them obliterated in an apocalypse that dooms them to hell.

Not me. May it never be. I just support them living in peace and safety and building their religious temple in Jerusalem.
Hindsite wrote:She is unapologetically pro-Palestinian and has made accusations of dual loyalty against American Jews.

Quite the opposite. She questions why Americans are being called to pledge loyalty to Israel and being denied their 1st amendment right to participate in BDS.

Hindsite wrote:She tweeted that “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” The tweet implied that Israel and its supporters were secretly tricking the world into supporting it, a longtime anti-Semitic trope for which Omar apologized after taking office.

I'll give you that this quote verges closer to an "anti-semitic trope", but it's far from "obviously hates the Jews".

Hindsite wrote:She tweeted that support for Israel in the US Congress was “all about the Benjamins,” suggesting that the pro-Israel lobby AIPAC was buying off American politicians. This smacked of the well-worn conspiracy theory that Jewish financiers buy off American politicians

Using money to influence politicians is what every single lobbying group does. Either you are ignorant of the purpose of lobbies or you're being cynical and making up anti-antisemitism where it obviously isn't. As far as the antisemitic tropes of Jewish financiers controlling American politics:

I guess it's all well and fine when someone specifically mentions a Jewish financier and claims they are single-handedly influencing American politics? Claiming that lobbies use money to influence people is not antisemitic just because it refers to the Israeli lobby.

Not me. May it never be. I just support them living in peace and safety and building their religious temple in Jerusalem.

What happens to the Jews, then, when Christ returns?
Red_Army wrote:Quite the opposite. She questions why Americans are being called to pledge loyalty to Israel and being denied their 1st amendment right to participate in BDS.

That is the point, Americans are not being called to pledge loyalty to Israel or being denied their 1st amendment right to participate in BDS. They do it by their own free will.

Red_Army wrote:Using money to influence politicians is what every single lobbying group does. Either you are ignorant of the purpose of lobbies or you're being cynical and making up anti-antisemitism where it obviously isn't. As far as the antisemitic tropes of Jewish financiers controlling American politics:

I guess it's all well and fine when someone specifically mentions a Jewish financier and claims they are single-handedly influencing American politics? Claiming that lobbies use money to influence people is not antisemitic just because it refers to the Israeli lobby.

Soros was not attacked because he was Jewish.

Red_Army wrote:What happens to the Jews, then, when Christ returns?

I believe they will accept Christ for their salvation.

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
(Zechariah 12:10 KJV)

And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.
(Zechariah 13:8-9 KJV)

HalleluYah
It'll be interesting to see whether disconnecting Jews from Israel while attacking Israel will work in terms of voters in the US. I'm guessing that there will be a steady change in party affiliation over time. Self-hating white people, whom we all know would sell out anything if it led to their own popularity, would refuse to see a nexus between Jews and Israel but I don't think that's a strong or convincing argument for the majority of people.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O