Israel systematically removing from archives evidence of 1948 expulsion of Arabs - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Palmyrene wrote:Well then don't get your panties in a twist when I misinterpret your posts. Especially off of a couple of sentences.

Hey, you're still a child. You'll get the hang of it one day...
Last edited by BigSteve on 07 Jul 2019 01:57, edited 1 time in total.
Palmyrene wrote:It's frustrating when people act like the Jewish people are the most oppressed ever, and I say that my people have no nation and are rarely welcomed anywhere. They assume I am Palestinian, but no. I'm Bedouin. The tribes welcomed them into their homes. Gave them water when the sands drank their blood. Gave them shelter from the winds when they had only the rags of their servitude. Guided them to the land they claimed was their most holy. And treated them as brothers when their own tribes were scattered. And they repay that hospitality with rape, murder, and theft.

Yet I still do not hate them. I pity them, because they are so filled with malice that they cannot truly happy. When they have claimed their holy mountain, and built their golden kingdom on the riverbank, it will have a foundation of bloody sand and broken souls. We will continue to watch, as we always have, as their Empire turns to glass as their kingdom crumbles under the weight of their own arrogance and contempt for their fellow man. And they will be judged by their god. I hope he will have the mercy that they do not show to others.

Whenever there are armed engagements between Israeli and Palestinian forces the West will never condemn Israeli excesses.

In Europe we should not be cheering for a government that functions on such an extreme basis.

The West must pressure Israel to stop behaving in an extreme and unjust fashion.
Political Interest wrote:Whenever there are armed engagements between Israeli and Palestinian forces the West will never condemn Israeli excesses.

In Europe we should not be cheering for a government that functions on such an extreme basis.

The West must pressure Israel to stop behaving in an extreme and unjust fashion.

justice is a matter of interpretation

BTW PI I remember you converted to Islam and than you said you left Islam
I think you once had an avatar of saddam or some Muslim cleric if Im not mistaken
Political Interest wrote:Whenever there are armed engagements between Israeli and Palestinian forces the West will never condemn Israeli excesses.

To be fair this is as difficult as asking the Chinese government to uphold social justice and fairness, because this would mean their own downfall on the hands of the (actually) more powerful enemies (both outside and within).

Israel is surrounded by countries which would, if given the opportunity, wipe Israel off the map. I have no problem if they respond with an escalated level of violence against those who hate them...
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Israel doesn't need any aid the only thing Israel need is a political protection on the world stage

Israel's entire economy relies on aid even Palestinian aid since they confiscate it. And political protection is still aid.

Than we should start with Syria :D

That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to start a revolution and an anarchist society in Syria.
Israel's entire economy relies on aid

This is what your government want you to believe but its a lie Israel is getting 3.5 billion$ to "purchase" weapons from the US but its not real money that can be invested in something else and its only 1% of its GDP its a nice bonus but Israel doesn't need it

on the other hand the Egyptian army is relying on foreign aid half of their army budget is subsided by Saudi Arabia and the US
Syria is relying on Iran and Russia

That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to start a revolution and an anarchist society in Syria.

excellent go for it we will give you weapons if you ask nicely 8)
Zionist Nationalist wrote:This is what your government want you to believe

I'm an anarchist why the fuck would I believe what the government I oppose says? Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation My claims are based Israeli sources not Syrian ones.

but its a lie Israel is getting 3.5 billion$ to "purchase" weapons from the US but its not real money that can be invested in something else and its only 1% of its GDP its a nice bonus but Israel doesn't need it

I'm not just talking about US aid and military aid is still important to Israel's economy.

on the other hand the Egyptian army is relying on foreign aid half of their army budget is subsided by Saudi Arabia and the US
Syria is relying on Iran and Russia

Israel's just as reliant on foreign aid as they are. Israel's a puppet of the US. Pretending they aren't is just denial.

excellent go for it we will give you weapons if you ask nicely 8)

Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Israel isnt receiving any form of aid for its economy
the US gave Israel loans and many businessman invested in Israel but those are private people

That contributes to the GDP. Do you not know economics 101?

and before you post any further bullshit provide sources

For most of its existence, Israel has been the world's foremost recipient of aid. I quote The Political Economy of Israel's Occupation, by Shir Hever. One of his main theses in the book is that the Israeli economy is reliant on international aid to Palestine:

Much of the demand for Israeli consumer goods is funded directly by aid. The OPT is Israel's second largest export market (after the US), with exports worth US$ 2.3 billion in 2007 (ICBS, 2008a). Because Israeli trucks can usually cross the checkpoints on their way to supply Palestinian stores (or they can deliver their cargo in the back-to-back method5), Palestinians often find it easier to import from Israel than from a nearby Palestinian community. Israeli companies also supply goods (mostly food) to the international aid agencies to be supplied to the Palestinians. Because of the Paris Protocols, importing cheaper food from nearby countries could be even more expensive, because then the agencies would have to pay customs. Buying food from Israeli companies exempts the aid agencies from paying customs. Altogether, a UN worker has estimated that 45% of the aid to the OPT flows back to the Israeli market (Karmi, 2005). This estimate, however, must be taken with a pinch of salt, because without a central bank... It is more probable that this figure is a gross underestimation.

P.38:

Whenever Palestinians import goods using this foreign aid, they must either buy from Israeli companies or buy from international companies and pay customs to the Israeli government. Even when goods from Jordan or Egypt might be available at cheaper prices, Israeli administrative hurdles to the movement of goods and customs force Palestinians to buy the more expensive Israeli products.

p.39

Israel confiscates moneys that were due to the Palestinian Authority6 to pay for the costs of utilities, which sometiems are provided to the Palestinians at a higher cost than the price paid by Israelis for the same services (World Bank, 2004a; Rubinstein, 2004).

pages 29-34. Notes:

prior to the 2nd intifada Israel was receiving more humanitarian aid than Palestine OPT (p.29)

all aid to OPT goes through Israeli customs p.22

foreign aid to Israel is from: the US (mostly military aid), Jewish communities worldwide, compensation payments for the holocaust

US aid accumulating since 1949, "it consists of grants, loans (usually with preferred loan conditions), loan guarantees, and other forms of assistance (Clyde, 2002). Most of the aid comes in the form of military assistance, but Israel is the only country given a permit by the United States to use portions of the grant money to purchase military equipment from local industry (Yom, 2008)."

"If interest is added to the calculation, the total aid that Israel received from the US from 1973 to 2008 is over US$200 billion, about 3 times the current annual budget of the Israeli government." P.33

compensation from Germany an average of US $732 million annually p.33

"Israel was the biggest recipient of foreign aid in the world until 2003, when it was overtaken by Iraq. In 2005 it was also overtaken by Nigeria. What is most surprising is that Israel receives more per capita aid than the Palestinians, refuting the myth that Palestinians are the highest recipients of per capita aid." P.34
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tainari, make a separate thread for that boring co[…]

The right to resist does not include a right comm[…]

As many of you know, not long ago, Russian Presid[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]