Anarchist/“Anti-Fascist” Attacks Detention Center - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15020320
Palmyrene wrote:If you aren't going to show me where my statistics are wrong then there's no point to this conversation.


Then leave the conversation. It's clear you don't have a solid grasp on what makes something "the norm", especially in light of your statistics.

Yes, cops killing unarmed, innocent black men is a tragic thing and something we should work to eradicate.

But it's nowhere near being the norm.

But, yeah, if you see no point in this conversation, you're dismissed...
Last edited by BigSteve on 22 Jul 2019 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
#15020324
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

No, it is due to the recent changes in asylum policy.

Unless you have evidence?


What the fuck are you talking about? We're discussing cops killing blacks, and how it's not "the norm".

That has exactly nothing to do with changes in asylum policy...
#15020327
BigSteve wrote:Then leave the conversation. It's clear you don't have a solid grasp on what makes something "the norm", especially in light of your statistics.

Yes, cops killing unarmed, innocent black men is a tragic thing and something we should work to eradicate.

But it's nowhere near being the norm.

But, yeah, if you see no point in this conversation, you're dismissed...


If you can't understand how comprising 25% of cop killings despite only 11% of the population is the norm then there is nothing I can say to you.
#15020328
Palmyrene wrote:If you can't understand how comprising 25% of cop killings despite only 11% of the population is the norm then there is nothing I can say to you.


Because it's happening to a vast minority of blacks who have interactions with the police. That can't be the norm. Show me where it happens to the majority of blacks who interact with police, and then you'll have a point.

But not until then...
#15020338
BigSteve wrote:What the fuck are you talking about? We're discussing cops killing blacks, and how it's not "the norm".

That has exactly nothing to do with changes in asylum policy...


I guess you did not correctly read my post to which you replied:

Pants-of-dog wrote:I wonder if actual families that actually require asylum are avoiding US authorities because of their fears of detention and separation.
#15020339
BigSteve wrote:Because it's happening to a vast minority of blacks who have interactions with the police. That can't be the norm. Show me where it happens to the majority of blacks who interact with police, and then you'll have a point.

But not until then...


Alright let's go step by step. Blacks make up 13% (mistake on my part) of the population.

They also make up 25% of cop killings.

This means that blacks are 3x more likely to get shot by the police than whites.

Which means that black killing by cops are the norm.
#15020342
Palmyrene wrote:Alright let's go step by step. Blacks make up 13% (mistake on my part) of the population.

They also make up 25% of cop killings.

This means that blacks are 3x more likely to get shot by the police than whites.

Which means that black killing by cops are the norm.


No, that's not what it means.

From here on out, I'm just going to laugh at you. That's all you deserve, simply because you've earned it...
#15020357
Palmyrene wrote::lol:

You don't understand anything I say because you understand basic fucking statistics.


I do understand "basic fucking statistics" which is why I know your "statistics" fail to prove your point...

This is massive projection on your part. Are you off your meds old man or were you not paying attention in math class?


I see. You've failed to prove your point, so you'll employ that old stand-by, name-calling.

It's okay. As you get older and become more mature you'll learn that things don't always go your way...
#15020359
Palmyrene wrote:@BigSteve

:lol:

Aren't you the one who proclaimed that you were going to laugh at me from now on? Not very mature by your standards I'm sure.


As you were the one who proclaimed this discussion had no point.

When I decide a discussion has no point, I stop taking part in the discussion. Why? Because it would be stupid to continue.

But, yeah, I'm laughing at you...

You're right I have failed to prove my point.


Nice to see you've smartened up...
#15020362
BigSteve wrote:As you were the one who proclaimed this discussion had no point.

When I decide a discussion has no point, I stop taking part in the discussion. Why? Because it would be stupid to continue.

But, yeah, I'm laughing at you...


That makes no sense and does not line up with your prior statements.

Nice to see you've smartened up...


^When you suck at make proper retrots so you resort to taking your opponents statements out of context.
  • 1
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
The Irishman...

I don't think DeNiro's politics played into it, at[…]

Man, imagine if I'd never done hallucinogens. I c[…]

Bunk. As chair of an impeachment inquiry, Schiff […]

Julian Assange arrested in London

Tories will most def extradite Assange, they've n[…]