What is happening in Iran? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15049885
Anybody got any information about the situation in Iran like friends or relatives? The country seems to be in a state of lockdown and blackout. So something massive must be going on. Any middle Eastern pofoers want to share?
#15049890
skinster wrote:The result of U.S. sanctions are what's happening in Iran.

Can you be more specific please?
#15049894
The Islamic regime is brutal and so far have killed at least 106 protesters
Iranians are brave people want want to get rid of this filthy regime of terrorists but the regime will go all the way to save itself this is a difficult situation and the result of successful sanctions policy exposing the fragile economy of Iran





Also the the regime have shut down the interned for the last 80 hours there have been no internet in the whole country



https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... -protests/
#15049932
The Iranian theocratic regime is sending billions of dollars to terrorist militias in the Region whilst the Iranian people are suffering shortages, galloping inflation, a worthless currency even a dearth of water.
This cannot continue.
#15049962
@Ter @Zionist Nationalist

Skinster has a point though. Iran's economy didn't collapse on its own like Venezuela. The sanctions had a very large impact. So the protesters although being just in demanding a better life are still kinda an outcome of US sanctions. I understand that you don't like Iran but a certain point there is a line that you shouldn't cross at interfering with countries internals. Iran was complying with the deal, yet Trump cancelled it to try to get a better deal and now people are dying because of this. There is no better deal in sight and the outcome of this might be a failed state of Iran which nobody wants. If you think fall of Iraq was bad than what do you think the fall of Iran will cause.
User avatar
By Ter
#15049963
JohnRawls wrote:@Ter @Zionist Nationalist

Skinster has a point though. Iran's economy didn't collapse on its own like Venezuela. The sanctions had a very large impact. So the protesters although being just in demanding a better life are still kinda an outcome of US sanctions. I understand that you don't like Iran but a certain point there is a line that you shouldn't cross at interfering with countries internals. Iran was complying with the deal, yet Trump cancelled it to try to get a better deal and now people are dying because of this. There is no better deal in sight and the outcome of this might be a failed state of Iran which nobody wants. If you think fall of Iraq was bad than what do you think the fall of Iran will cause.


You are correct in everything you said.
"The Deal" did not however stop Iran from continuing to develop weapons of mass destruction like ballistic missiles and they were the most belligerent of the Middle Eastern countries, causing mayhem in Bahrain, Yemen, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and threatening the destruction of the Jewish State.
This could not continue and we needed an unrestrained leader like Trump to put Iran in its place.

I know people who used to live in Iran and they tell me that the Iranian people are very nice and civilised. That they fell under such a stupid backward theocratic murderous regime is a shame.
#15049967
Ter wrote:You are correct in everything you said.
"The Deal" did not however stop Iran from continuing to develop weapons of mass destruction like ballistic missiles and they were the most belligerent of the Middle Eastern countries, causing mayhem in Bahrain, Yemen, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, and threatening the destruction of the Jewish State.
This could not continue and we needed an unrestrained leader like Trump to put Iran in its place.

I know people who used to live in Iran and they tell me that the Iranian people are very nice and civilised. That they fell under such a stupid backward theocratic murderous regime is a shame.

Ballistic missiles are not weapons of mass destruction. Many countries have ballistic missiles and can produce them. Obviously Russia and Us are far ahead of everyone but nobody blames smaller countries besides Iran. As long as Iran didn't pursue Nukes along with ballistic missiles than it was okay. Now Iran will certainly develop Nukes also so the situation has gone from bad to really really bad because of this stupid blame on Iran.
User avatar
By Ter
#15049969
Image

Yes, compared to nuclear bombs those ballistic missiles would destroy less people.
But each of those could level a block of buildings with hundreds of fatalities.
If ever they try that in Israel I do not know what the reaction would be. I guess I would not want to be in Tehran at that moment.

The agreement did not in any way lessen the belligerent actions of the Iranian regime.
They have only themselves to blame for the economic sanctions.
#15049971
Ter wrote:Image

Yes, compared to nuclear bombs those ballistic missiles would destroy less people.
But each of those could level a block of buildings with hundreds of fatalities.
If ever they try that in Israel I do not know what the reaction would be. I guess I would not want to be in Tehran at that moment.

The agreement did not in any way lessen the belligerent actions of the Iranian regime.
They have only themselves to blame for the economic sanctions.

Who was Iran aggressive too? Saudi Arabia? That is not our fight. There is always going to be friction between SA, Iran, Turkey and Egypt for leadership of the Muslim/Arab world. We should only step in if things go overboard like drastic all out war or nuclear arms race. Iran was fairly tame in regard to Israel since the deal was signed. Ideally It would be best if Iran stoped supporting different groups in the region but realistically that won't happen since literally everyone and their grandmother's in the region do that. Breaking the deal with Iran and sanctioning then was a mistake. Now there is literally no trust between Iran and US. May be a bit for Europe is still left but I think that we are in the same boat as US.
#15049973
@JohnRawls Sanctions are working and its a proof that they must continue
There should be no mercy on the theocratic regime the fact that they spend billions on terrorism is a good enough reason to sanction the shit out of them even without considering nuclear energy
#15049976
Zionist Nationalist wrote:@JohnRawls Sanctions are working and its a proof that they must continue
There should be no mercy on the theocratic regime the fact that they spend billions on terrorism is a good enough reason to sanction the shit out of them even without considering nuclear energy

I think that this thinking is pretty one sided. Are you planning to normalise your relations with Iran or fight it forever? Obviously you don't want to fight it forever.
User avatar
By Ter
#15049978
JohnRawls wrote:I think that this thinking is pretty one sided. Are you planning to normalise your relations with Iran or fight it forever? Obviously you don't want to fight it forever.


It is difficult to make peace with a regime that has sworn your destruction.
The ball is in Iran's court.
#15049979
JohnRawls wrote:I think that this thinking is pretty one sided. Are you planning to normalise your relations with Iran or fight it forever? Obviously you don't want to fight it forever.


Israel had official relations with Iran until the Islamic revolution and while the Islamic republic exists hostilities will go on there must be be a regime change in Iran
#15049984
Iran threatens protesters, kills at least 251 in day 3 of internet blackout

The Iranian regime is in a middle of a brutal suppression campaign inside Iran and has implemented an internet blackout in an attempt to hide the scope of the crack down. At least 251 protesters have been gunned down during the six days of protests in Iran and more than 3,700 have been injured, some with life threatening wounds. Reports indicate that at least 7,000 protesters have been arrested. Detained prisoners are in danger of torture and death in the regime’s prisons.

Despite this, protests in Iran have continued into the sixth day


https://irannewswire.org/irgc-commander ... -blackout/
#15050025
If the media is anything to go by, Iran's recent problem is simply an economic policy went awry, not much different from France. However, the quick death of over 100 protesters clearly shows there are deeper problems.

While in usual cases I would quickly jump and condemn those in power (like the Venezuela case), I must say that Iran is arguably democratic enough to make regime change less effective and justified than some Honourable Gentlemen here suggest. To say the least, the previous two presidential elections clearly shows Iranians, regardless of their place in society, are capable of coming up with compromise solutions. To me, this is how democratic process is supposed to bring.

Of course, something in Iran is still rotten. The Supreme Leader having the final say on secular matters, as well as having an army (Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps) that know little other than being loyal to him (or themselves), are two of the biggest problems. What should be done is to find a way to curtail their power (so that the Supreme Leader becomes a more ceremonial figure very much like the Pope, and the military does little more than military), instead of quickly suggesting burning both jade and common stone.
#15050059
Patrickov wrote:If the media is anything to go by, Iran's recent problem is simply an economic policy went awry, not much different from France. However, the quick death of over 100 protesters clearly shows there are deeper problems.

While in usual cases I would quickly jump and condemn those in power (like the Venezuela case), I must say that Iran is arguably democratic enough to make regime change less effective and justified than some Honourable Gentlemen here suggest. To say the least, the previous two presidential elections clearly shows Iranians, regardless of their place in society, are capable of coming up with compromise solutions. To me, this is how democratic process is supposed to bring.

Of course, something in Iran is still rotten. The Supreme Leader having the final say on secular matters, as well as having an army (Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps) that know little other than being loyal to him (or themselves), are two of the biggest problems. What should be done is to find a way to curtail their power (so that the Supreme Leader becomes a more ceremonial figure very much like the Pope, and the military does little more than military), instead of quickly suggesting burning both jade and common stone.


The regime is deeply unpopular the only reason why they still in power is because they have all the weapons at their hands Iran is not a democracy and the regime there will not give up an inch of their power in peaceful manners
#15050075


JohnRawls wrote:Skinster has a point though. Iran's economy didn't collapse on its own like Venezuela. The sanctions had a very large impact. So the protesters although being just in demanding a better life are still kinda an outcome of US sanctions. I understand that you don't like Iran but a certain point there is a line that you shouldn't cross at interfering with countries internals. Iran was complying with the deal, yet Trump cancelled it to try to get a better deal and now people are dying because of this. There is no better deal in sight and the outcome of this might be a failed state of Iran which nobody wants. If you think fall of Iraq was bad than what do you think the fall of Iran will cause.


Venezuela's economy didn't collapse on its own either, it suffered sanctions as well as Saudi Arabia's flooding of the market in cheap oil, something very likely directed by the U.S. in an attempt to negatively effect Venezuela, amongst other reasons.

But kudos for your anti-interventionism here.

Lol at the Zionists ITT showing themselves to be as blood-thirsty as ever. Iran isn't a threat to Israel unless it is attacked, and if that happens, you will see then what war is like, finally.

But it's not going to happen. Iran is too powerful and has Russia and China as allies. Sorry to disrupt your fantasies, Zionists.
#15050077
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1197598658948206592?s=20



Venezuela's economy didn't collapse on its own either, it suffered sanctions as well as Saudi Arabia's flooding of the market in cheap oil, something very likely directed by the U.S. in an attempt to negatively effect Venezuela, amongst other reasons.

But kudos for your anti-interventionism here.

Lol at the Zionists ITT showing themselves to be as blood-thirsty as ever. Iran isn't a threat to Israel unless it is attacked, and if that happens, you will see then what war is like, finally.

But it's not going to happen. Iran is too powerful and has Russia and China as allies. Sorry to disrupt your fantasies, Zionists.


Okay, i don't wanna argue with you about Venezuela economy and how the oil market shifted in the last 10 years. Essentially there were many factors but Venezuelan economy collapsed under standard conditions while the sanctions were non-existent. Sanctions were introduced later.

Iran on the other hand was fine even during those market conditions. Actually it was doing better and better when the deal was ongoing and Iran actually honestly stopped its nuclear development. The economy was even functioning under previous sanctions. So the current economic turmoil in Iran is the fault of sanctions and one sided caused by US. Does that give Iran the ability to slaughter people? Probably not but we have what we have. (If those reports are true which nobody is sure right now by the way)

I understand that Iran runs proxy organisations but so does everybody else in the middle and even outside. Its not like Iran was actively employing those organisations to attack other countries since the deal was put in place. Perhaps Yemen but its mostly not really Iran that caused it. Iran simply provides support that allows Houthis to stay afloat or at the least feel a bit better and that is it.
Turn, turn, turn

That is especially true of Trump, in case you for[…]

The point is that it seems to be newsworthy that […]

No it is not. Congress can subpoena data for the […]

Israelis nervous about BDS

I was having a bad joke with him, lol. They insis[…]