The US assasinated Iran's Qassem Soleimani - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15057503
The escalation for yet another war in the ME was set on autopilot when Trump was elected president. His unilateral and gratuitous decisions to cancel the Iran deal and to move the embassy to Jerusalem were designed to destabilize the whole region.

The empire is rearing its ugly head again. As much as I dislike the Mullahs, I hope they make life hard for the imperialists so that every single American gets expelled from the ME.
#15057512
colliric wrote:No, I meant Israel has been hankering for a war with Iran for years.


:hmm: If ever truth was stood on it's head, then your observation is proof positive of it.

Although Iranian involvement in other countries is sometimes 'complex', at the end of the day, he was a war monger, as such, he deserved what he got.

TRUMP has just tweeted, " Iran has never won a war, but never lost a negotiation".

A phrase that I take as meaning that his decision was not 100% based with reflecting on any possible consequences.

However, TRUMP did the 'right' thing in this case.

Iran is a hybrid(Theological- Military) dictatorship, that is a dangerous power structure for any society due to sometimes competing objectives where actions affect all sides, not just those within each side's own control.

The mix in Iran is not good for their society, we know that there is a dangerous schism that has existed ever since the Shah was deposed, that cannot endure, real internal change must come about by each side relinquishing it's power to a secular-democratic system structure, otherwise the state will not survive in peace.
#15057513
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Islamic regime is in panic mode. their military spokesman cried during speech



Most politician's moves are carefully calculated. I am surprised that My Friend actually believes an apparent acting by his enemy.
#15057517
Accept from Israel, little support for the US here. At best you have comments that Iran posed a possible threat. Hardly a high five for Trump.

Even Pompero suggests the US want to de-escalate tensions now although the next move was never theirs anyway. Trump doesn't know what he is doing. This cannot be ME strategy as he clearly has done this alone. I can only think it has to do with gaining a few percentage points in his election campaign by stoking nationalism from is core base. Well fine. But Iran won't forget. And at the moment I can see them being expelled from Iraq. They now only have SA and israel.

If the goal was control of oil, this has got to go down as an own goal.
#15057518
Nonsense wrote:
:hmm: If ever truth was stood on it's head, then your observation is proof positive of it.



Now this is nonsense.

First, Israel didn't want to fight a war with Iran. But they did want us to do it for them. Israel and AIPAC have been lobbying heavily for that for roughly 20 years. According to predictions they made, Israel was repeatedly nuked decades ago.

Not only did that not happen, we later cut a deal with them that kept them for making nukes.

But that didn't stop the lobbying to get us into a war with Iran.
#15057522
late wrote:First, Israel didn't want to fight a war with Iran. But they did want us to do it for them. Israel and AIPAC have been lobbying heavily for that for roughly 20 years.
...
But that didn't stop the lobbying to get us into a war with Iran.


It is obvious that US policy is heavily biased in favor of Israel; however, I could never quite believe that a lobby group for a small country like Israel would be able to manipulate the political process in the US to the point of compromising national interests.

The question really is: is Israel using the US or is the US using Israel?

Perhaps its a bit of both, but I think it's more of the latter than the former; in other words, the US is using Israel to destabilize and weaken the ME.

I don't buy into the narrative that Israel makes the US do all the bad stuff in the ME. US imperialism is the primary driver of destruction. Israel is just an overzealous lackey.
#15057526
Atlantis wrote:
It is obvious that US policy is heavily biased in favor of Israel; however, I could never quite believe that a lobby group for a small country like Israel would be able to manipulate the political process in the US to the point of compromising national interests.



It almost happened.

Republicans nearly passed a bill that would have us adopt whatever policy Israel had, in the region.

It nearly passed before some Republican noticed we would be handing over a large portion of our sovereignty to Israel.

Tail wags dog.
#15057527
Hmmmmm, Donald is doing some panicked tweets. It seems Iran might really be considering outright war with either Iraq, Israel or Saudi Arabia. :|

#15057529
late wrote:That prob wasn't an act.

Learn.


I disagree.

As seen in the video, the reporters are pretty calm.

In addition, I was not saying the general's emotion was fake, but he surely could control his expression in order to motivate (or manipulate if that's what his enemies think) people.

I had been to a rally myself -- and moved -- just two days ago, so I fully know how it works.

All in all, I think it is too quick to decide the status of any nation or regime now.
#15057531
Patrickov wrote:
I disagree.



The guy was going to be the next president, he was a national hero.

To say I have trouble taking your assertion seriously would be an understatement.

You simply don't want to see him as human, you need to see him as the Other, the enemy.
#15057534
Trump should apologise immediately!

As I've repeatedly said, vengeance is long overdue for Muslim terrorists. This is revenge for the taking of the American hostages and the fatwa against Salmon Rushdie. However as Churchill's victory over Nazi Germany was built on the great leadership of Neville Chamberlain, so this wise, courageous and decisive move by Trump was was built on the great leadership of Bush, Blair and McCain. It was McCain who was one of the biggest advocates for the surge. I must confess that I although I supported the surge, even I had my doubts. Anyway Donald Trump should immediately apologise for his disgraceful insults and attacks on George W Bush and John McCain.
#15057536
If I were the guy that replaces Soleimani, I would be very paranoid.

Further, it's interesting that the US didn't take a quiet approach to killing him through some CIA balckop or whatever. I guess they really wanted to make a point.

As for all this shit bout WWIII. No, not happening. If there is a conflict, it will remain regional. The rest of the globe, especially the global economy is doing too well.
#15057537
late wrote:The guy was going to be the next president, he was a national hero.

To say I have trouble taking your assertion seriously would be an understatement.

You simply don't want to see him as human, you need to see him as the Other, the enemy.



I feel very sad to see a statement implying that I am trolling and dehumanising the KIA person.

I have no intention to underestimate the significance of either the KIA person, the event itself, or any apparent reactions. However, whenever nations and governments are concerned, I will question the degree of genuineness of whatever I see, because I believe societies do not and should not depend on certain individual(s) to function properly.

In any case, and with all due respect, I think the Friend of Mine who said the Iranian regime was "in panic mode" (in post #15057484) is the real one who had dehumanised his enemies, at least by (IMHO incorrectly) mocking their level of intelligence and competence.
#15057539
Rancid wrote:Further, it's interesting that the US didn't take a quiet approach to killing him through some CIA balckop or whatever. I guess they really wanted to make a point.

That part, I'm sure, was for the 2020 election - Trump wants to be an international strongman, unafraid to kill his enemies. Plus doing it now means that, if things blow up internationally, the Republicans have a "don't criticise the president during a global crisis" talking point for why impeachment should be dismissed as quickly as possible. I think the prime purpose is to be seen to be aggressive; it's a bonus for the USA that one of the guys they killed was, by all accounts, very competent, and unlikely to be replaced by someone as clever.

The Trump family is as reckless as ever with security:

Deleted Tweet From Eric Trump Hints He May Have Known About Strike Against Iranian Military Leader Days Ahead Of Time

Shortly after that attack was announced, many on social media were reminded that a tweet from Trump’s son, Eric Trump, appeared to look as if he knew the attack was imminent.
...
Those protests broke out on December 31 of last year, according to the New York Times. On that same date, Eric Trump sent out a tweet, which has since been deleted. Twitter user @realTuckFrumper had a screengrab of the tweet, which suggested military action was coming forth.



Other users on social media also verified the tweet as being legitimately posted by Eric Trump on that date. There’s no indication or confirmation that he was indeed aware of military action occurring later on in the week, but the words from Eric Trump caught many people’s attention after the airstrikes were announced.

https://hillreporter.com/deleted-tweet- ... time-54791
#15057540
late wrote:Now this is nonsense.

First, Israel didn't want to fight a war with Iran. But they did want us to do it for them. Israel and AIPAC have been lobbying heavily for that for roughly 20 years. According to predictions they made, Israel was repeatedly nuked decades ago.

Not only did that not happen, we later cut a deal with them that kept them for making nukes.

But that didn't stop the lobbying to get us into a war with Iran.



Of course Israel doesn't want war with Iran, the reverse is not true though, because Iran uses 'proxies' to do it's dirty work, one reason the Americans carried out their attack & Hezbollah are Iranian proxies.


Iran has no place in Iraq, even though they were invaded by Iraq between 1980-88, for which they, like Israel have security misgivings about each other.

Israel can only be regarded as 'hostile' to Arabs or Iranians, because the Arabs are hostile to Israel & Iran is a principal actor on that stage.

It is also continuing to develop nuclear weapons despite U.N Resolution 1696 from 2006 which prohibits further development, for which Israel could 'legally' strike Iran at any time under the defence of 'self-defence' in International Law.
#15057542
Nonsense wrote:
Of course Israel doesn't want war with Iran, the reverse is not true though, because Iran uses 'proxies' to do it's dirty work, one reason the Americans carried out their attack & Hezbollah are Iranian proxies.


Iran has no place in Iraq, even though they were invaded by Iraq between 1980-88, for which they, like Israel have security misgivings about each other.

Israel can only be regarded as 'hostile' to Arabs or Iranians, because the Arabs are hostile to Israel & Iran is a principal actor on that stage.

It is also continuing to develop nuclear weapons despite U.N Resolution 1696 from 2006 which prohibits further development, for which Israel could 'legally' strike Iran at any time under the defence of 'self-defence' in International Law.



You didn't respond to what I was saying.

Iran is not putting a big effort into developing nukes. I suspect they are leaving the door open for a return to JCPOA.

Israel isn't going to strike Iran. They just aren't that dumb.
#15057546
maz wrote:President Donald Trump is a confirmed Russian agent and starting a war with Iran is exactly what Putin wants him to do.


To be fair, the only person to benefit here will be Putin when Iran start buying Russian defence systems and fighter planes.

Whether Trump works for Putin I doubt. But he sure does him a favor from time to time.

Where is this "Pissing Video" BTW?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 40
Trump Pardons...

Trump deliberately ignored congressional oversigh[…]

Too Many White People

unrealistic fears They can only be considered u[…]

Bill Barr has to go

1) Generally, laws are written down. There isn'[…]

Win in North Korea by “giving up”

China may be the only country with enough economic[…]