Harry and Megan's break-up with Her Majesty..... - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I was reading an article yesterday and it made the point that this trailblazing by Harry and Meghan may help to ease the path for Charlotte and Louis one day...you know, in case they might want to lead more independent lives at some point.

I say more power to them.
Rancid wrote:Fun fact, the queen actually has the power to call a nuclear strike on any country.

The UK Prime Minister could theoretically also order such a strike(which could be overruled by the Queen), including in their "final orders" secret letters which are only to opened in the event of a nuclear strike wiping out the UK government.
ness31 wrote:I was reading an article yesterday and it made the point that this trailblazing by Harry and Meghan may help to ease the path for Charlotte and Louis one day...you know, in case they might want to lead more independent lives at some point.

I say more power to them.

That's a bit silly. It's well known Prince Charles intends to slim down the royal firm, as they call it, once he's King, so they'll have to have independent lives, anyway.

Depends on circumstances. They may not end up as flakey as Harry and be quite happy to earn their keep.

That's far in the future, anyway, and it's possible the UK will be a republic by then.

It's my opinion that if that ever happens the royals will instigate it and not the British public.

They'll want to take what's theirs and get the hell out.

It won't be an overnight thing.

This Meghan and Harry marriage was always going to end in tears. I think the Queen should have been a bit tougher and insisted that as Harry was marrying a twice divorced woman with a lot of baggage, he should step back and have a low key wedding etc.

Still, it's easy to be wise after the event.
I don’t understand. If there’s already a plan underway to ‘slim down’ the Royal Family, why the brouhaha if these superfluous ‘senior members’ decide to exit on their own terms?
I think this had to happen tbh.
ness31 wrote:I don’t understand. If there’s already a plan underway to ‘slim down’ the Royal Family, why the brouhaha if these superfluous ‘senior members’ decide to exit on their own terms?

5 pages of it.

The way they did it is causing the brouhaha.

They didn't tell the Queen, or anyone in Harry's family, what they were going to do.

Just published a statement with a list of their ( her) wants and then ran off to Canada.

There was absolutely no need for that. It was downright nasty.
ness31 wrote:I don’t understand. If there’s already a plan underway to ‘slim down’ the Royal Family, why the brouhaha if these superfluous ‘senior members’ decide to exit on their own terms?

How do you "trim down" a family?

There are currently 59 people in line for the British throne. What does Charles intend to do? Tell Alexander Windsor, Earl of Ulster and 28th in line for the throne, that he's shit outta' luck?
Last edited by BigSteve on 15 Jan 2020 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

They want to slim down the monarchy, not split it in 2. That was problem with Diana, not that she wanted to leave monarchy but set up her own competing Royal power. I always wondered why Stalin let Trotsky leave the Soviet Union, what was he thinking of? He was lucky that Trotsky met with that accident in Mexico. Although I've had heard that some conspiracy minded people have even tried to link Stalin with Trotsky's death.

The monarchy were dammed if they did and dammed if they didn't. On the one hand they desperately wanted some diversity. Meghan was mixed race, she was a role model for career minded women, unlike Waity-Katy. And she came from a difficult, not particularly wealthy family background. Initially it was like a dream made in Cultural Marxist Heaven, with the elegant, dignified Black mother, as opposed to the money grubbing, shameless White-trash father.

But we live in the age of equality, or rather we live in the age of equity. That's just as long as the equality, or the equity, favours non Whites, Jews, Muslims, women, gays or trans. Obviously no one cares about discrimination, inequality let alone inequity if the losers are Whites, Gentiles, infidels, men, heterosexuals, or Cis people. Cultural Marxist thought is rent through with contradiction. They see it as dialectics. So you can be an innocent Scot as opposed to an evil English person, but that Scot can be an evil British person as opposed to innocent Irish person who themselves is an evil white person as opposed to an innocent non White person.

Anyway there was no safe way for the Royal Family to traverse the Cultural Marxist rapids of endless Cultural Revolution. :lol: Mao's young red guards are starting to look like wise and moderate conservatives compared to our modern woke vanguard. Sooner or later, someone was going to call out "The Emperor is not wearing any clothes." Some nasty trouble maker was going to point out that Charlie and Willy are both White men. Prince Georgie might look cute now, but he's going to grow up to be another evil White man. I'm assuming he will be discouraged from identifying as a Trans woman. Of course every good Wokeist will be hoping that he at least turns out Gay. But I severely doubt that will be trouble free, if he wants to pursue a gay life style. But of course that's the best hope, if he's Gay and decides to do an Angelina Jolie that could be the best, maybe even the only hope of getting a Black ass on the British Throne in the next 100 years.
Last edited by Rich on 15 Jan 2020 15:10, edited 2 times in total.
Rich wrote: Although I've had heard that some conspiracy minded people have even tried to link Stalin with Trotsky's death.

Same is true with Che leaving Cuba. People believe Castro was going to have him wacked.
Rich wrote:
Although I've had heard that some conspiracy minded people have even tried to link Stalin with Trotsky's death.

"After a failed attempt to have Trotsky murdered in March 1939, Stalin assigned the overall organization of implementing the task to the NKVD officer Pavel Sudoplatov, who in turn co-opted Nahum Eitingon. According to Sudoplatov's Special Tasks, the NKVD proceeded to set up three NKVD agent networks to carry out the murder, one of which relied on Ramón Mercader."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Trotsky#Assassination

"Although the Soviet government denied responsibility, Stalin secretly bestowed the Order of Lenin upon the assassin. A year after his 1960 release, Mercader traveled to Moscow and received the Hero of the Soviet Union award."
https://www.history.com/news/the-trotsky-assassination-75-years-ago
skinster wrote:This story is to take the limelight off the paedo one who hung out with Epstein.

Anyway, off with all their boring heads. :D

I still believe it was a kick the Queen while she's down(and probably not far from her deathbed) moment, and not at all a "paedo" distraction. Harry and Megan had clearly been waiting for the perfect moment to strike. They got in a real doozy.
Look I'm sorry but as a life long (well at least since I've been politically aware) Republican I feel compelled to come to the Royals defence. Britain doesn't have a Royal Family. Britain has The Royal Family. £300 million pounds a year sounds fairly cheap to me. You've got to remember that GTA 5 cost $285 to make. GTA 6 will probably cost even more. And the Royal Family is arguably a far more ambitious project than Grand Theft Auto. Now of course GTA 5 made $800 million in its first 24 hours. Its only when you think about GTA 5 that you start to understand where Meghan and Harry, and of course in that family its Megan that wears the suits, thinking is going.

Many of us were very disappointed by the last two seasons of GoT. It's been clear for a while that D & Ds hearts were no longer in it and they were looking to wrap it up as quickly as possible and move on to other projects. So I'm wondering are D & D writing the scripts for the Royal Family now? Have they got George RR Martin involved? Is that why "Winds of Winter" is taking for ever.

@Pants-of-dog If you put it to a vote, you'd fin[…]

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]