Rush Limbaugh - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Big Steve-2
Pants-of-dog wrote:What is even more interesting is that no one can come up with a reason why he should have received it.

Well that's just incorrect. We know someone thought of a reason why he receive it, because he received it.

Limbaigh worked for tobacco companies, spreading the lie that smoking is harmless. It is almost certainly true that Limbaugh helped people get lung cancer by hiding the risk of cancer.

I was a smoker for almost 40 years. I was also a volunteer fireman for almost 30. I know the dangers of inhaling smoke into the lungs, and nothing that some radio personality would say would ever sway me from what I knew. I knew smoking was bad and I did it anyway.

Anyone who smokes because they think Limbaugh said it was okay is a fucking idiot.
By Pants-of-dog
The Mariner wrote:Well that's just incorrect. We know someone thought of a reason why he receive it, because he received it.

What was the reason?

....irrelevant anecdote with random insults....

Sure. Whatever.
By Big Steve-2
Pants-of-dog wrote:What was the reason?

I have no idea.

Then again, I wasn't in on the discussions regarding the medal being awarded to Limbaugh. If you're truly that curious, I'm sure you could write to the White House and they would provide you with that information.
By Pants-of-dog
The Mariner wrote:I have no idea.

Then again, I wasn't in on the discussions regarding the medal being awarded to Limbaugh. If you're truly that curious, I'm sure you could write to the White House and they would provide you with that information.

It does not surprise me at all to find out that you do not know but wanted to talk to me anyway.

Back on topic:

The only possible reason to give this man this award is to piss off “liberals”. This should make Trump supporters happy, and make it likely they will continue to support him.
By Rich
Harley wrote:Hitler dying was good. Hussein, Bin Laden. Those guys had to go.

Hitler yes, Bin Laden and Hussein no. I'm not saying their deaths are anything to grieve over. First off I've argued that Hitler should have been sentenced to death by act of Parliament and law of Congress. But the purpose of that was to allow a negotiated peace treaty with a regime-changed Germany. Rossevelt's treacherous and stupid, unconditional surrender demand voided the urgency for Hitler's death. If Hitler did perchance escape to South America and survive that was nothing to worry about.

Bin Laden was the oily rag. We should have dealt with the mechanics. We should have been wreaking vengeance on Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Once Baghdad fell in 2003, mission accomplished, the irreversible transfer of power to the Shia majority had already been substantially. I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with Saddam being left in power in a Sunni Arab rump state in North Western Iraq. Their ability to overthrow Shia or Kurdish rule would have been minimal. It might well have been better for the Sunni Arabs to deal with him within their own largely homogeneous ethno state. In fact there is a theory that it was Himmler that did away with Hitler and that he baulked at suicide in the end.
By Big Steve-2
Pants-of-dog wrote:It does not surprise me at all to find out that you do not know but wanted to talk to me anyway.

WTF?

You asked a question. I provided an answer.

Do I "want" to talk to you? No. No, I really don't. I find you to be argumentative, petty and, quite frankly, not too sharp. You don't answer questions unless you're answering with another question. You don't actually care about the topics being discussed. You just want to argue to the point where a person tires of you, steps away and then you can claim victory.

Please understand, that's not an insult or criticism, it's my honest assessment of you. You would be more enjoyable to converse with if you actually conversed.

The only possible reason to give this man this award is to piss off “liberals”. This should make Trump supporters happy, and make it likely they will continue to support him.

I voted for Trump. If I vote for him in November, Trump bestowing this honor upon Limbaugh will have exactly no impact on that decision.

As to what the "only possible reason" might be, I have no idea and neither do you. Your alleged reason, which I'm sure seems funny to you, is just silly.

You could ask your question of just about anyone who's received it. Why on earth would Mariano Rivera get it? Or Oprah Winfrey or Doris Day?
By Big Steve-2
Pants-of-dog wrote:@The Mariner

Let me know if you think of any good reason why Limbaugh deserves this award.

Couple questions:

1) Why do I care why he received it?

2) Why do you think I would care enough to "let you know".

3) Why are you so tweaked over it? Does it impact you in any way whatsoever?

I'm happy to accept that someone, probably Trump, felt it would be appropriate to award this to Limbaugh. I don't know why he did it. I don't care. In the grand scheme of my life the awarding of a medal to Rush Limbaugh has exactly no affect on my life whatsoever.

I can't imagine wasting so much time trying to figure out why it happened.
By Godstud
So what's a good reason for Limbaugh to have gotten this award, aside from that it'd piss off some people, and amuse his fuckwit base?
By Rancid
Godstud wrote:So what's a good reason for Limbaugh to have gotten this award, aside from that it'd piss off some people, and amuse his fuckwit base?

It will improve Trump's standing with conservatives. That's the good reason (for Trump).
By Godstud
So Limbaugh is a just a tool.

:lol:

Figures. He is a Tool, though. I wonder what Limbaugh thinks of being simply a tool of manipulation of Trump's dimwit base?
By Potemkin
Godstud wrote:So what's a good reason for Obama to have gotten the Nobel Peace Prize, aside from that it'd piss off some people, and amuse his liberal base?

We call it "politics" @Godstud. And yes, it's shit; but it has always been shit and it probably always will be shit. Just business as usual.
By Potemkin
Godstud wrote::roll: @Potemkin We are not discussing Obama. You are coming across as a Trump cultist, by misquoting me.

There are actual reasons Obama got a Nobel. Get a clue.
https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/peace ... s-release/

We are talking about Limbaugh.

There are actual reasons Henry Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize too. That doesn't make it any less absurd.

All of these prizes are awarded, quite often, for the most petty of political reasons. Singling out one as being particularly venal is pointless.
By Godstud
So answer the question: What did Limbaugh get an award for? Not one of you seems capable of answering the the simple question. Even a BS answer is better than simply referring to Obama, or Hillary, to evade the question.

Real answer? You don't have a fucking clue! :knife:
By Pants-of-dog
Trump likes to make statements in a very specific way.

He likes the spectacular and theatrical. The stunt of handing out the medal in the middle of the state of the union speech? That is good theatre.

He also likes the outrageous. By that I mean he likes to make statements that will enrage progressives, and also say those awful things that many conservatives believe but do not want to admit. Dittoing Limbaugh did exactly that.

I think I will call it “train wreck politics”.
By Rancid
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think I will call it “train wreck politics”.

That's generous.

Overall, yea, Trump is more interested in politics than actual governance and doing what's ethical/moral/honorable (he's a giant liar/hypocrite). Apparently a large segment of the population is also mainly interested in his political theater performances.
By annatar1914
Godstud wrote:So answer the question: What did Limbaugh get an award for? Not one of you seems capable of answering the the simple question. Even a BS answer is better than simply referring to Obama, or Hillary, to evade the question.

Real answer? You don't have a fucking clue! :knife:

Limbaugh helped make Trump's election possible. Trump's been groomed for potential Presidential material since Nixon, more intensely in Reagan's era, and actively preparing for the eventual campaign since the 90's when he wrecked the Reform Party by keeping Buchanan out.
By Potemkin
annatar1914 wrote:Limbaugh helped make Trump's election possible. Trump's been groomed for potential Presidential material since Nixon, more intensely in Reagan's era, and actively preparing for the eventual campaign since the 90's when he wrecked the Reform Party by keeping Buchanan out.

That's actually quite plausible to me. Even during the 1980s, Trump was a celebrity who was constantly in the newspapers on both sides of the Atlantic, despite being rather obviously a talentless, tacky, unsuccessful huckster. Nothing else can really explain it other than that he was being groomed for something....
By annatar1914
Potemkin wrote:That's actually quite plausible to me. Even during the 1980s, Trump was a celebrity who was constantly in the newspapers on both sides of the Atlantic, despite being rather obviously a talentless, tacky, unsuccessful huckster. Nothing else can really explain it other than that he was being groomed for something....

When your uncle is the Physicist who examined Tesla's papers after his death for the US Government, and your mentor is Roy Cohn (who was Sen. McCarthy's Investigator and who knew everybody) and Roger Stone is your access man to Nixon and Reagan's bunch, you're being groomed for something...

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]