Coronavirus, World facing Desperate Days - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

It is really troubling when the economic head of a nation commits suicide over this insane over reaction of the virus.

German finance minister kills himself as coronavirus hits economy

Thomas Schaefer, finance minister of Germany's Hesse state which includes Frankfurt, found dead near a railway track.
Thomas Schaefer, the finance minister of Germany's Hesse state, has committed suicide apparently after becoming "deeply worried" over how to cope with the economic fallout from the coronavirus, state premier Volker Bouffier said on Sunday.

Schaefer, 54, was found dead near a railway track on Saturday. The Wiesbaden prosecution's office said they believe he died by suicide.

"We are in shock, we are in disbelief and above all we are immensely sad," Bouffier said in a recorded statement.

Police and prosecutors said factors, including the questioning of witnesses and their own observations at the scene, led them to conclude that Schaefer killed himself.

Hesse is home to Germany's financial capital Frankfurt, where major lenders such as Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank have their headquarters. The European Central Bank is also located in Frankfurt.

A visibly shaken Bouffier recalled that Schaefer, who was Hesse's finance chief for 10 years, had been working "day and night" to help companies and workers deal with the economic impact of the pandemic.

"Today we have to assume that he was deeply worried," said Bouffier, a close ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel.

"It's precisely during this difficult time that we would have needed someone like him," he added.
SolarCross wrote:All the money is fake now anyway, so I don't see the problem really. Coronavirus presents a great opportunity to reset the system and start again.

But the other side of this is how many people are going to suffer because of the they won't be able to find work because of the over reaction. And this guy obviously saw the writing on the wall and did not want to be blamed for it.

If we don't stop this insanity I fear that we are going to have waves and waves of suicides.
maz wrote:But the other side of this is how many people are going to suffer because of the they won't be able to find work because of the over reaction. And this guy obviously saw the writing on the wall and did not want to be blamed for it.

If we don't stop this insanity I fear that we are going to have waves and waves of suicides.

Honestly I think it's all quite fun. This is our generation's WW2, so let's make the most of it. Assuming you survive you will have lots of fun stories to bore your grandkids with.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Im kinda sick of this virus hysteria here 12 people died all of them old people with health issues the youngest one is 67.
old people dying is not a reason to close off the entire country they would die soon anyway
more people will die from suicide and depression than from this virus

I'm with Zionat on this one.

Children all over the world are missing school, not able to play with friends, having their development stunted, enduring all manners of domestic abuse... and all so that 80-year-olds can live a few months longer.

When it's over, those same 80 year-olds will be back on cruise ships, driving massive SUVs, flying all over the world - without giving any thought to what they are doing to the lives of those same school-aged children.

Seriously. This is a one-way sacrifice.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]