Coronavirus: How Taiwan avoided crisis in spite of China links - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rich wrote:
Look at the cases per head. Italy is number 1, Norway is at 3, Denmark 6, Switzerland 7, Spain 9.

That hasn't been nailed down yet, we need to to do the work of tracing this back patient by patient.

But it's not hard to guess, this will come down to tourism and business.

The thing with business, is that Italy has been a hub of international business for 400 years. That's just the way the world works. They did teach you about the British Empire in school, did they not?
Rugoz wrote:Never change Rich :roll:

Northern Italy has lots of Chinese workers in the fashion industry, many of them illegal.

I wonder how Norway got up there, it's at the ass end of nowhere :D

In 2019, Italy signed up to the Belt and Road Initiative, becoming the only G7 nation to do so. As a result, thousands of Italians were in China by the end of 2019, who came back to Italy in droves during the Lunar New Year break with the coronavirus. Italy reported more than 1,000 deaths so far and the actual number of cases may be around 50,000.

Last edited by ThirdTerm on 13 Mar 2020 02:49, edited 2 times in total.
Rancid wrote:When did the US announce its travel ban?

I ask because it would be an interesting data point to compare.

January 31.

SolarCross wrote:I could self-quarantine and not change my routine hardly at all.

Me either. A lot of high tech firms won't suffer at all. I've worked from home for 8 years straight. I go to the office once or twice a year. It's about time people yammering on about global warming get serious about putting in the high tech infrastructure for people doing computer work to do as much from home as possible to "save the planet." It's also time for colleges and universities to fully embrace online learning where possible.

late wrote:That hasn't been nailed down yet, we need to to do the work of tracing this back patient by patient.

Good luck with that.

late wrote:They did teach you about the British Empire in school, did they not?

Italy was never part of the British Empire.

Rugoz wrote:I wonder how Norway got up there, it's at the ass end of nowhere :D

Not accepting infected Chinese people would be racist, and that's just not the Norwegian way.

ThirdTerm wrote:In 2019, Italy signed up to the Belt and Road Initiative, becoming the only G7 nation to do so.

I'm sure there are many regretting that now.
Sivad wrote:you people really call each other comrade?

No... not usually... but with this Covid-19 going around and all us true believers, let's face it, old and knackered and likely to be dropping like flies... if, and it's a big if as I am likely to be one of the first to go, if I was delivering the eulogy at the funeral of a fallen friend, the choir singing 'The Internationale', maybe.

;)
ThirdTerm wrote:In 2019, Italy signed up to the Belt and Road Initiative, becoming the only G7 nation to do so. As a result, thousands of Italians were in China by the end of 2019, who came back to Italy in droves during the Lunar New Year break with the coronavirus. Italy reported more than 1,000 deaths so far and the actual number of cases may be around 50,000.

.....And the number of deaths below the age of 40 is I believe 3 and the 3 deaths were like between age of 35 and 40... So 0 deaths from the age of 1 to 34 years old.
You're doing a really great posting here @skinster.

At first you prove you're able to post any kind of bullshit, like how generously China offers its help against a disease coming from China while others like the EU are suffering thanks to it, to spread your propaganda, then post a tweet from the international symbol of leftist incapability to demonstrate how vain all your efforts are. :lol:
skinster wrote:If you are asking if I get paid to post on here, that's lol. But would be ace.

I'm rather asking if you're a semi-professional activist or a complete amateur.

Frankly, I should be paid for dealing with argument-less morons like you. :lol:

And how much would you expect to be paid for it? Posting a considerable flow of bullshit tweets should be a well-paid activity, I guess. :lol:
Beren wrote:I'm rather asking if you're a semi-professional activist or a complete amateur.

I guess given the options I'd go for 'semi-professional'. Did you have any on-topic arguments?

And how much would you expect to be paid for it? Posting a considerable flow of bullshit tweets should be a well-paid activity, I guess. :lol:

I'm sorry you got triggered by them. Perhaps staying away from the internet might help your fragile state. Take care. :)

From your source: Your own source contradicts […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]