There may be a treatment for the Corona virus - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

QatzelOk wrote:(warning: sexism) This post reminds me of that scene in every Airplane Disaster movie where a co-pilot has to slap a flight-attendant across the face because her panic is leading her to do more harm than good. She then thanks him for clearing her head.

As the above is about fictional works, I can testify that sometimes such scenes are created with the said genders in reverse roles. For example, in Futurama, there's a scene where a female slaps a male for the latter's panic.
Patrickov wrote:As the above is about fictional works, I can testify that sometimes such scenes are created with the said genders in reverse roles. For example, in Futurama, there's a scene where a female slaps a male for the latter's panic.

I think Futurama is a later mass media creation, so it tries to stay "comtemporary" by reversing the role plays of previous mass media products.

Mass media makes us laugh, cry, and panic. It's got that much power over us.

When protesters are arrested, it is cops being vi[…]

Why would that be fascinating if you don't believ[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucl[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Speculation is boring and useless. Speculation is,[…]