African-American Asphyxiated by Police in Minneapolis - Page 50 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Drlee wrote:Now Trump is threatening to send in the army where the governors are refusing to call out the national guard. The sad thing is that Trump supporters are simply too unintelligent to realize that he can't do that.

And his most violent and racist supporters, the militia types are not intelligent enough to realize that for Trump to do that would represent an action that is exactly why they armed themselves in the first place. I am so sick of dullards.

Of all conservatives, you are officially my favorite right now.
XogGyux wrote:That is not the whole thing. One of them doesn't really offer a mechanism that is consistent with what we saw and have solid evidence for. Look, if there is a video of me getting shot in the head and then the autopsy reports say I died by electrocution, I sure hope that someone will call foul :lol: .

What do you mean? Although the reports are not actually public, both offer viable mechanisms for Floyd's death. I'm pretty sure you can get killed by a cardiac arrest if three adults press their bodies on yours, particularly if one of them is pressing on your neck. It seems this is not uncommon in homicide trials either.
wat0n wrote:What do you mean? Although the reports are not actually public, both offer viable mechanisms for Floyd's death. I'm pretty sure you can get killed by a cardiac arrest if three adults press their bodies on yours, particularly if one of them is pressing on your neck. It seems this is not uncommon in homicide trials either.

Wasen't it some sort of nebulous "combination" of intoxicants, some sort of non-specified "pre-existing heart condition" exacerbated (who knows by what mechanism?) by restraining?
Drlee wrote:Now Trump is threatening to send in the army where the governors are refusing to call out the national guard. The sad thing is that Trump supporters are simply too unintelligent to realize that he can't do that.

And his most violent and racist supporters, the militia types are not intelligent enough to realize that for Trump to do that would represent an action that is exactly why they armed themselves in the first place. I am so sick of dullards.

WRONG

Media outlets reported today that Trump is considering invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807, which would permit the president to send military troops to respond to the rioting and looting in American cities.
I'm kind of with Trump in that a lot of these mayors/governors are weak. They appeased protestors and let the violent ones overrun their cities for fear of making them more PO'd with more force from police. Meanwhile the police that have been on the scene have been doing a horrible job and start violently raging when triggered just like the rioters.

Remember a long time ago when more people had balls and acted like responsible adults?
Unthinking Majority wrote:I'm kind of with Trump in that a lot of these mayors/governors are weak. They appeased protestors and let the violent ones overrun their cities for fear of making them more PO'd with more force from police. Meanwhile the police that have been on the scene have been doing a horrible job and start violently raging when triggered just like the rioters.

Remember a long time ago when more people had balls and acted like responsible adults?

That is an escalation of the situation. As it stands, a few policemen have already abused their power and brutalized protesters and even bystanders that are not even part of the protest. All of this shit gets caught on video, spread and fuels further outrage and further escalation.
Police role in this situation should be focused on preventing human life loss and/or violence.
The imagery of a black guy getting beaten in front of a multimillion-dollar store that fuels the narrative that police is only there to protect the property of rich whites and to beat/kill black people is PRECISELY what feels protesters.
Sometimes the best outcome is to take a small loss rather than escalate the situation.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/rogerwaters/status/1267169563629752320

No need for all those words when you can just say 'cops' or 'the police'.

I think George Floyd's murder was the catalyst for this uprising against vicious capitalism.

Thank you, I've had an epiphany...

Yes, I truly have. Like the tolling of an iron bell striking midnight, I have heard what you have said, and it's total projection of shrieking hatred and nonsense, wrapped up in a bundle of self-righteous and un-reflective cant, complete with the identity politics and anti-semitism that has doomed the modern ''Left''. That is, there is no Left, just a nullity, nihilism and impotent rage against the True, the Good, and the Beautiful, against civilization and morality itself.

You could care less for all the George Floyd's of the world, they are just a means to tear down, to kill, and to destroy. No, justice for George Floyd would mean an end to this particular carnival of destruction, and the show must go on, abetted by (irony of ironies!) the shameless and immoral meanstream media of global plutocratic capitalism....

I am unspeakably disgusted.
XogGyux wrote:Wasen't it some sort of nebulous "combination" of intoxicants, some sort of non-specified "pre-existing heart condition" exacerbated (who knows by what mechanism?) by restraining?

No, it seems the county examiner's report doesn't list those as a cause of death (hence the decision there was a homicide - namely, a person killing another regardless of the legality of it). I recall a press report mentioning what you said, I don't know if that was another report or a mischaracterizatoon of the county coroner's.

Those are however mentioned as preexisting conditions that influenced the outcome. By the way, those don't seem to be that uncommon in the population either so arguably they shouldn't be mitigating factors - just preexisting conditions.
annatar1914 wrote:Thank you, I've had an epiphany...

Yes, I truly have. Like the tolling of an iron bell striking midnight, I have heard what you have said, and it's total projection of shrieking hatred and nonsense, wrapped up in a bundle of self-righteous and un-reflective cant, complete with the identity politics and anti-semitism that has doomed the modern ''Left''. That is, there is no Left, just a nullity, nihilism and impotent rage against the True, the Good, and the Beautiful, against civilization and morality itself.

You could care less for all the George Floyd's of the world, they are just a means to tear down, to kill, and to destroy. No, justice for George Floyd would mean an end to this particular carnival of destruction, and the show must go on, abetted by (irony of ironies!) the shameless and immoral meanstream media of global plutocratic capitalism....

I am unspeakably disgusted.

lol pretty much every uprising in history has stereotypical curmudgeons like you lamenting the supposed immorality and barbarism of the insurrectionists. :roll:
wat0n wrote:No, it seems the county examiner's report doesn't list those as a cause of death (hence the decision there was a homicide - namely, a person killing another regardless of the legality of it). I recall a press report mentioning what you said, I don't know if that was another report or a mischaracterizatoon of the county coroner's.

Those are however mentioned as preexisting conditions that influenced the outcome. By the way, those don't seem to be that uncommon in the population either so arguably they shouldn't be mitigating factors - just preexisting conditions.

I am honestly not that interest of what the report, either one of them has to say. Like I told bj before, it would not change anything because what happened is inexcusable regardless and thus I consider the report simply as smoke. So maybe you are right, I recognize I have not gone through and read them completely just whatever tidbits I happen to hear from the news. Again, I don't think it makes a difference either way right now. It might come important at some point in the future for a trial and try to influence jury, but that is a long time away.
https://dam.tmz.com/document/65/o/2020/ ... c662cc.pdf

Medical examiner's report has been released. It says that George Floyd had two forms of heart disease, was on fentanyl and had evidence of recent methamphetamine use. It lists the cause of death as cardiac arrest complicated by neck compression.
Donna wrote:the boomer nazbol thinks he's left wing. :lol: The fuck out of here, fash

Three strikes and you're out of your tree... :eh:

1. Not a ''Boomer'' (although age does help with gaining wisdom-sometimes)

2. Not a ''Nazbol''. I'd be happy to discuss my genuine Leftist views.

3. ''Fash''? No, you folks on the faux ''Left'' are the most typical examples of real Fascism i've ever seen, and most of you are not self-reflective enough to even see it.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]