Mother of all ironies: Black man arrested for running over white BLM rioters - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

BLM Protester Dies After Being Struck By Car On Seattle Freeway

Generally, I find accidental deaths to be tragic, but when I got through this story, I laughed. Apparently, a black man driving down the freeway in Seattle hit some white female Black Lives Matter rioters--for you morons who don't know any better, protesting on the freeway is illegal and therefore a riot--and has been arrested for two counts of vehicular assault. I guess he's lucky he's not white and they weren't black, or he'd be facing murder charges. In another irony, they denied him bail. :lol: :lol:

My two cents: steer clear of Democrats. They are dangerous people.
What's more ironic is that she died while participating in a "Black Femme March." What the fuck is that that even LOL?

I think the best phrase to sum this all up is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I commented in another thread that these street protests should be declared illegal for the safety of drivers and protesters alike.

The journalist class appear to be attempting to give the victims the Heather Heyer treatment, but I imagine that it must be quite difficult for a lot of people to have any remaining sympathy for idiots who feel it's their right to block traffic.

1 Dead After Car Hits 2 Seattle Protesters On Closed Freeway

One person is dead and a second remains hospitalized after a car drove onto a closed section of highway and sped into a group of people protesting against police brutality in Seattle early on Saturday.

Summer Taylor, 24, of Seattle was pronounced dead at Harborview Medical Center while Diaz Love, a 32-year-old from Portland, Oregon, was hospitalized in critical condition following the incident, according to a police spokesperson.

Love’s condition was later changed to serious, a hospital spokeswoman told HuffPost.The driver, 27-year-old Dawit Kelete of Seattle entered I-5 by swerving his car around vehicles that had been blocking the roadway around 1:40 a.m., according to a police report obtained by The Associated Press.

Graphic video of the incident shows two figures being struck by a white Jaguar sedan and thrown into the air, landing hard on the pavement.

After hitting the two people, Kelete fled the scene but was stopped by a protester who chased him down in their own vehicle, Trooper Chase Van Cleave told AP.

Kelete was described as “reserved and sullen” in court documents. He did not have any drugs or alcohol in his system at the time of his arrest and he inquired about the condition of the two victims, troopers said. He was booked into the King County Correctional Facility on two counts of vehicular assault and denied bail, online records show.

Love had been live-streaming the demonstration, which was billed as “Black Femme March Takes I-5,” when the car struck, ending their stream on Facebook abruptly. In the moments before, people can be heard yelling “car” in increasingly panicked tones.

Sections of the highway have been frequently closed off because of protests, according to a local ABC affiliate.

Trooper Rick Johnson, a spokesman for the Washington State Patrol, tweeted two photos of the car, which showed damage to its front grille and windshield.

blackjack21 wrote:I guess he's lucky he's not white and they weren't black, or he'd be facing murder charges. In another irony, they denied him bail. :lol: :lol:

My two cents: steer clear of Democrats. They are dangerous people.

According to NPR, right wing vehicular assaults are on the rise :lol:

maz wrote:I think the best phrase to sum this all up is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I commented in another thread that these street protests should be declared illegal for the safety of drivers and protesters alike.

They don't even need to be declared illegal. Protests on the freeway are illegal. Pedestrians are prohibited on freeways. The stupidity of Democrats seems to know no bounds.

maz wrote:The journalist class appear to be attempting to give the victims the Heather Heyer treatment, but I imagine that it must be quite difficult for a lot of people to have any remaining sympathy for idiots who feel it's their right to block traffic.

Yeah. I watched a bit of that stuff, yet none of them pointed out that the driver was black and the victims white--missing the best bit of situational irony I've seen in some time.

maz wrote:According to NPR, right wing vehicular assaults are on the rise :lol:

Yeah, that's pretty comical too. Apparently, this kid didn't do it intentionally; although, who expects people to be running around on the freeway.

It's kind of unfair to charge him, because the Democrats have basically decided not to enforce the law anymore and pedestrians are prohibited on freeways. He's not getting equal protection of the law either. How many more people does this mayor have to get killed before she starts to understand that we have law and order for a reason?
blackjack21 wrote:Protests on the freeway are illegal. Pedestrians are prohibited on freeways.

And 80% of Americans live in suburbs with no real public spaces.

So I guess that's the end of protesting for you guys. Enjoy your slavery.
QatzelOk wrote:And 80% of Americans live in suburbs with no real public spaces.

We have parks every three blocks in my neighborhood. There are plenty of public spaces. Seattle? There are plenty of public spaces in Seattle. You do not need to deliberately riot on a freeway. It's just stupid and dangerous.

QatzelOk wrote:So I guess that's the end of protesting for you guys. Enjoy your slavery.

Those of us who are literate write letters to our member of Congress. Screaming "Black Lives Matter" while tearing down statues of Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses Grant or some abolitionist only tells your elected representatives that you are an illiterate idiot. I often lament politicians not listening to their constituents, but sometimes they have a point.

What makes the story of this thread compelling is that white millennial women are major participants in Black Lives Matter. They literally think that black people cannot fend for themselves and need white liberals to do it for them. At least one of these women has lost her life by rioting on the freeway in a "Black Femme March" as though such a thing would gain any traction by rioting on a freeway. The fact that at least one white woman has lost her life to a black man who is now in jail awaiting trial is really quite incredible. Even when they aren't trying to, white liberals end up putting black men in jail.

Then, of course, there was CHOP. In the absence of a police force, the mob created their own. What did they end up doing? Shooting and killing an unarmed black man. Frankly, you can't make this shit up.
maz wrote:What's more ironic is that she died while participating in a "Black Femme March." What the fuck is that that even LOL?

I think the best phrase to sum this all up is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I commented in another thread that these street protests should be declared illegal for the safety of drivers and protesters alike.

The journalist class appear to be attempting to give the victims the Heather Heyer treatment, but I imagine that it must be quite difficult for a lot of people to have any remaining sympathy for idiots who feel it's their right to block traffic.

That pink hair tells me she must be a weirdo hippy.
blackjack21 wrote:What makes the story of this thread compelling is that white millennial women are major participants in Black Lives Matter. They literally think that black people cannot fend for themselves and need white liberals to do it for them.

Sorry I see no logical connection between the two sentences, even when I believe the former to be a fact.

They just do what they think is right. I do not need to agree with them (and more often than not I don't), but complicating their actions is unnecessary.
blackjack21 wrote:What makes the story of this thread compelling is that white millennial women are major participants in Black Lives Matter. They literally think that black people cannot fend for themselves and need white liberals to do it for them.

Patrickov wrote:Sorry I see no logical connection between the two sentences, even when I believe the former to be a fact.

They just do what they think is right. I do not need to agree with them (and more often than not I don't), but complicating their actions is unnecessary.

blackjack21 is demonstrating that he cannot conceive of doing something out of friendship, respect or empathy.

blackjack21 wrote:You do not need to deliberately riot on a freeway.

It, of course, was not a "riot". It was not violent. You just cannot stop yourself distorting the truth, can you?

Officials were trying to determine the motive as well as where he got onto the interstate, which had been closed by the state patrol for more than an hour before the protesters were hit.

Mead said they suspect Kelete drove the wrong way on a ramp. Trooper Rick Johnson said the driver went through a barrier that closed the freeway.

https://komonews.com/news/local/driver- ... e-in-court

This is, of course, highly relevant to why he was charged. He would have known he shouldn't be driving there; to do so at speed, and then to drive around parked vehicles where he had no idea of what lay beyond was extremely reckless.

maz's liking for women getting killed by cars is well known, of course. Page after page of it a few years ago.
blackjack21 wrote:I guess he's lucky he's not white and they weren't black, or he'd be facing murder charges. In another irony, they denied him bail. :lol: :lol:

It's interesting that for centuries people treated whites better than blacks in similar circumstances, but now in some cases blacks are treated better than whites in certain circumstances. I await the day when everyone is just treated the same.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:What does rioting on a highway have to do with friendship, respect or empathy?

All of that can be done at a public park, a plaza before a government building, or any other designated place that is safe and has security measures in place. Rioting on a freeway at night, wearing all black when there are few or no lights and poor visibility is simply a very good way to get yourself killed.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:It, of course, was not a "riot".

Riots do not have to be violent in the sense of fisticuffs or skullduggery. Legally, they are unlawful assemblies, but when they are also denying the rights of others it is a riot. So denying other people their right to travel is violent legally speaking. The legal definitions are controlling, not the propaganda spewed out by leftists. At any rate, leftists are recklessly irresponsible in leading people onto freeways and getting them killed.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:You just cannot stop yourself distorting the truth, can you?

Preventing people from travelling is a riot. It's not peaceful. Peaceful is gathering in a public park or plaza with notice to the public authorities of the purpose of the assembly and having security measures in place. It is people like you who think that it is somehow socially or morally responsible to encourage the kind of behavior that gets people killed.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:This is, of course, highly relevant to why he was charged. He would have known he shouldn't be driving there; to do so at speed, and then to drive around parked vehicles where he had no idea of what lay beyond was extremely reckless.

He was using the highway for its lawful intended purpose. The rioters were not. They were trying to generate media coverage by unlawfully restraining people of their right to travel on the public highways. Of course, the media, the Democrats and the political left feel no sense of shame or guilt for getting people killed in senseless ways.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:maz's liking for women getting killed by cars is well known, of course. Page after page of it a few years ago.

Well, Charlottesville was funny because the Unite the Right people had a few peaceful protests in the preceding months and the Democrat authorities created the situation for a riot deliberately and ended up getting someone killed. In this case, some reports reflexively said the driver was a right wing extremist--in other words, they had their media template narrative ready. Only it turns out the guy was black and some reports are that he's from East Africa, Eritrea or somewhere.

So therein lies the irony: a black man ends up in jail for killing a white woman rioting on the freeway for "Black Lives Matter."

Unthinking Majority wrote:It's interesting that for centuries people treated whites better than blacks in similar circumstances, but now in some cases blacks are treated better than whites in certain circumstances. I await the day when everyone is just treated the same.

Well, he's been arrested, charged and has been denied bail at least temporarily. Poor guy.
blackjack21 wrote:AIn this case, some reports reflexively said the driver was a right wing extremist--in other words, they had their media template narrative ready. Only it turns out the guy was black and some reports are that he's from East Africa, Eritrea or somewhere.

There are people still trying to say that the driver was far right extremist!
blackjack21 wrote:Riots do not have to be violent in the sense of fisticuffs or skullduggery. Legally, they are unlawful assemblies, but when they are also denying the rights of others it is a riot. So denying other people their right to travel is violent legally speaking.

005 Washington Revised Code RCW 9A.84.010: Riot.
(1) A person is guilty of the crime of riot if, acting with three or more other persons, he or she knowingly and unlawfully uses or threatens to use force, or in any way participates in the use of such force, against any other person or against property.
https://law.justia.com/codes/washington ... 4.010.html

So, no, standing on a freeway is not rioting.

He was using the highway for its lawful intended purpose.

Since the state patrol had closed the freeway, he wasn't.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:So, no, standing on a freeway is not rioting.

Threatening people with violence during an unlawful assembly is rioting. Assembling on the freeway is unlawful. The defendant was threatened by the assembly after he ran over the stupid white girls on the freeway. Ergo, the people on the freeway were rioting. There are plenty of examples where so-called "peaceful protesters" have unlawfully occupied the roadway and attacked people in vehicles trying to use the roads lawfully. That is a riot.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Since the state patrol had closed the freeway, he wasn't.

He was using the highway for its lawfully intended purpose. He may have ignored an emergency directive closing the highway. That has not been determined as yet.

Either way, a stupid white liberal woman is dead due to her own stupidity and the collective stupidity of her fellow law breakers while ostensibly campaigning on behalf of black people, and now a black man is in jail as the result of a white person campaigning on behalf of a black person.
About Americans living in suburbs with no public spaces, blackjack21 wrote:We have parks every three blocks in my neighborhood. There are plenty of public spaces.

When people protest on a highway, it's because there is no other public space from which to get attention. That you happen to have a few parks near you is irrelevant and doesn't show much knowledge of urbanism on your part.

Those of us who are literate write letters to our member of Congress.

Yes, the multinationals and lobbyists have the greatest writers available to subvert democracy. The secret to "great writing to Congress" is to slip a few million-dollar-bills into the enclosed greeting card.
QatzelOk wrote:When people protest on a highway, it's because there is no other public space from which to get attention. That you happen to have a few parks near you is irrelevant and doesn't show much knowledge of urbanism on your part.

There is plenty of open space in Seattle. The first amendment gives people the right to peaceably assemble and petition THEIR GOVERNMENT for a redress of grievances. It does not give anyone the right to shutdown freeways and prevent other people from travelling to get their attention. That is at a minimum a criminal nuisance. If protesters try to enforce it with violence or the threat of violence, it is a riot.

QatzelOk wrote:Yes, the multinationals and lobbyists have the greatest writers available to subvert democracy. The secret to "great writing to Congress" is to slip a few million-dollar-bills into the enclosed greeting card.

The failure of citizens to address their government doesn't lie in multinationals. Congressman, senators, state assemblymen and mayors all need to get re-elected. Voters simply do not change who they vote for and so polices simply do not change.

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]