A mob has broken into the capitol building - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

annatar1914 wrote:@Unthinking Majority ,

I somewhat agree with what you're saying. Many people really do buy into Trump's narrative; intelligent and good people, patriotic citizens. That's why I think that Trump needs to resign after today's events, for their sake, and allow a President Pence to carry out the regular transition to President-Elect Biden, for America's sake.

I agree. The problem is Pence could then pardon Trump.
@XogGyux

XogGyux wrote:go ahead split it the fuck up so you can shut the fuck up and we don't have to listen to your constant whine.

Nah, no state is going anywhere. If @blackjack21 wants to whine and doesn't like how things are going here, he can just pack his bags and go live in another country. Maybe it will teach him to stop whining so damn much. That goes for the rest of the Trump supporters. They can pack their bags and move to another country as far as I am concerned.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 06 Jan 2021 22:42, edited 3 times in total.
blackjack21 wrote:It's no surprise. They won't be holding the inauguration on the capitol steps either. It's not because of covid either. It's because the Secret Service cannot vouch for Biden's safety, and because the establishment doesn't want to see Biden booed by the tens or even hundreds of thousands of Trump supporters demonstrating at his inauguration.

When you get right down to it, the constitution is just words on paper. Just like money is just paper. If you hyper-inflate it, money becomes worthless. If you stuff ballot boxes, you do not destroy your political opponent. You destroy the democracy itself.

No this is what happens when leaders do not accepted the results of democratic elections, supported by a sensational media without respect for truth (fox) and cynical politics (cruz) who will say anything and peddle any lies if they think it wall advance their political career.

Trump said he would only accept the election result if he won. This is no surprise we're been heading here for a long time. He; never been a fit candidate for democratic office, he;'s never accepted the central premise of democracy. Juts many republicans did not in teh end care about democracy, but their perceived personal interests,

Again with the absolutely baseless claims, with any evidence at all. This stuff been repeatedly thrown out of court for being absolutely baseless claims without any evidence to support it.

What we have here is basic refusal to accept objective reality,
Red_Army wrote:
I think there are 2 likely outcomes: the retard coup wins and Trump massively ramps up the police state or the retard coup fails and Biden massively ramps up the police state.

Yes, there are 2 likely outcomes, you will be wrong, and you will be wrong.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@XogGyux

There has been some serious talk on the news about invoking the 25th amendment on Donald Trump given this fiasco today. People don't think he is mentally stable enough to continue as President.

I could have told you that 4 years ago.
Politics_Observer wrote:@XogGyux

There has been some serious talk on the news about invoking the 25th amendment on Donald Trump given this fiasco today. People don't think he is mentally stable enough to continue as President.

I highly doubt it. If there was any sort of "serious" talk, he would have been removed. They don't have the balls to do it, and perhaps is for the best. As much as I would like Trump thrown into the sewege, the reality is that it would only escalate the issue further, at least that the begining.
@Rancid

Actually, in my experience, scum like that do get punished somewhere in the end. Based on my experience with similar world leaders, they eventually do get punished but from what I saw it was years after their crimes. For example, Slobodan Milosevic and Radavan Karadzic were arrested and charged for crimes against humanity and brought before trial at the Hague and tried as war criminals. Both of these world leaders had a very similar personality as that of Donald Trump except they were much more intelligent and dangerous than Trump. Trump didn't commit genocide, but Trump is a criminal. But even when Slobodan Milosevic and Radavan Karazic were arrested they still had their political supporters living in denial and backing them no matter what, even when they faced crimes against humanity charges of genocide.
While you all get emotionally charged and yell at each other I did some digging. That woman was unarmed. She was shot and died INSIDE the capitol, later taken out to paramedics.

First civilian protestor (backing a sitting president no less) to be killed inside the US capitol during a protest? In US history? So it seems.

And she's being memory-holed. The media is insufferably biased. A revolution will definitely kick off.

This is bigly happenins. Trump may be a charlatan but even charlatans can kick off major happenings. Sorry about the double spacing but I want to be witnessed with this observation. First civie dissenter to bite the dust in US congress. Bigly. Also don't look for feels in my words I am completely emotionally detached from this. Whichever way it goes I just want to know who needs care packages sent and when. I will support our pofo frends.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 07 Jan 2021 00:24, edited 2 times in total.

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]