China Bans BBC World Service, Following U.K. Ban Of Chinese Network. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

China's broadcasting regulator has banned the BBC World Service from airing there, according to a report in Chinese state media. The news follows a move by Britain's communications regulator last week to strip the state-run China global television network of its broadcast license in the U.K.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/11/96693344 ... rml&f=1001

And nothing of value was lost.
Istanbuller wrote:This is directly result of anti-Trump rhetoric. Former president just got so much disrespect from Western media. It led to Chinese think now they don't have to respect the West.

Or maybe China just doesn’t like the cut of the BBCs jib..
Istanbuller wrote:This is directly result of anti-Trump rhetoric. Former president just got so much disrespect from Western media. It led to Chinese think now they don't have to respect the West.

This is an interesting idea, Istanbuller.

Like many non-TV viewers, what I have seen of commercial news media in the last five years has been an embarassment of lies, manipulative emotionality, and lack of integrity.

Each "political party" has its own paid TV liars who often wear heavy makeup, bleach their hair, and then use their "bitch powers" to bring down the other party in contrived memes that are shallow and insignificant - if they are even true.

China should look at Western media as "a cautionary tale" about the harmful effects of concentrated money.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]