Japan To Dump One Million Tons Of Radioactive Fukushima Water Into The Pacific; IAEA Approves - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

B0ycey wrote:
I told you that decaying radioactive waste is not the same as emitted radioactivity that has been filtered out by the atmosphere.

Besides, if this water is safe as you claim, then Japan should source it into their water treatment plants and let their citizens drink that water.

I doubt the Korean peninsula would give a shit if Japan drank their own waste as long as it doesn't pollute their waters.

And this isn't a one off event in any case. It is to continue for ten years and will infiltrate fishing stock in the meantime because they are unable to clean all radioactivity out of the tanked water.

As it stands, that doesn't make sense.

Childish doesn't help, either.

By the time it got to Korea, it would be so diluted, you couldn't measure it directly.

Now that is funny. 10 years? You are panicking over a release that slow?? They'll forbid fishing in the immediate area, and that will be that. Thanks for the chuckle.
late wrote:As it stands, that doesn't make sense.

Childish doesn't help, either.

By the time it got to Korea, it would be so diluted, you couldn't measure it directly.

Now that is funny. 10 years? You are panicking over a release that slow?? They'll forbid fishing in the immediate area, and that will be that. Thanks for the chuckle.

Well it is Korea who are "panicking" if you want to use such a term. And ten years is a conservative estimation of dumping due to the amount of waste, not that they are doing the 'slowly slowly' approach as you implied. Also this waste will take centuries to burnout and as such will reach Korea and as it happens America. But perhaps the main concern is infected fish and human consumption of that fish as even if this isotope is harmless in small doses for humans it doesn't take into account that fish will be in this environment for centuries and like humans will suffer from radiation if they were given daily xrays of small 'harmless' doses - which in turn we will eat. So it is naive to believe that this stuff is harmless by dilution in any case. But the thing I find striking is your lack of knowledge that Fukushima is a fishing community and that the Japanese won't just stop them fishing. And certainly won't if they want us to believe this water is safe. As I said before they should prove it is safe. Stick in in their water treatment plants for human consumption - everyone would be happy with that. That is the claim right? It is safe. So why not? Perhaps because we are being told BS. Don't just take the words of what you are told and think that is fact. Do some research and learn things yourself. There is a reason Korea and China are angry because any isotope that is radioactive can build up on shore and in sea livestock very much like plastic whether you think it will just dilute and be harmless or not.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls General Election Summary 2022 Date[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]