BREAKING : Moscow "shots were fired at the British warship HMS Defender in the Black Sea" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

litwin wrote:https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_110496.htm

That's cute. The part where NATO loses is what gets my juices flowing. This isn't the 1800's. Those 35 US led ships in the black sea are sitting ducks in range of thousands of Russian missiles and aircraft. RIP.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 25 Jun 2021 02:38, edited 1 time in total.
Classified Ministry of Defence documents containing details about HMS Defender and the British military have been found at a bus stop in Kent.

An alternative route was considered, which would have kept HMS Defender well away from contested waters.

This would have avoided confrontation, the presentation noted, but ran the risk of being portrayed by Russia as evidence of "the UK being scared/running away", allowing Russia to claim that the UK had belatedly accepted Moscow's claim to Crimean territorial waters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57624942

Wat? Is that for real? Am I sleeping?
I just cannot believe. Is it still the Ministry of Defence or a pathetic pack of kids?? :excited:
Bayarka? :eh:

Ivan_R wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57624942

Wat? Is that for real? Am I sleeping?
I just cannot believe. Is it still the Ministry of Defence or a pathetic pack of kids?? :excited:
Bayarka? :eh:

Terrible News for Moscow Revanchists, record number of nations to participate in Ukraine /U.S. exercise Sea Breeze.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=180652
litwin wrote:Terrible News for Moscow Revanchists, record number of nations to participate in Ukraine /U.S. exercise Sea Breeze.

Terrible numbers? Oh no, please, STAHP. The Moscow Revanchists are going to die from laughter...
Do not forget to close all the bus stops before the Sea Breeze anyway.
Igor Antunov wrote:Playing with fire. Expect some of them to get sunk in the coming days if they keep straying into Russian territory. Like ducks in a barrel.

Picking a fight with Russia is WAY MORE FUN than building high speed rail or providing free college or university to smart USA citizens who don't have a lot of cash.

And I think a state's tax dollars should be used to maximize fun.

So let's stay uneducated and car-addicted
while Russia and China nuke us.
QatzelOk wrote:So let's stay uneducated and car-addicted while Russia and China nuke us.

Oh, those two just cannot wait to nuke someone. They have never thought of any opportunity to get educated.

Really, it is the perfect time to recall this:

These are the stakes! To make a world in which all of God's children can live, or to go into the dark.
We must either love each other, or we must die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riDypP1KfOU
Last edited by Ivan_R on 28 Jun 2021 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
About Russia and China, Ivan_R wrote:Oh, both of them just cannot wait to nuke someone. They have never thought of any opportunity to get educated.

And yet, it is the USA who has gleefully "nuked" someone. Exclusively.

And it is the USA that spends far more of its budget on warfare and industrial excess (like cars) than on education or health care. The bad example is the Dying Empire.
QatzelOk wrote:And it is the USA that spends far more of its budget on warfare and industrial excess (like cars) than on education or health care.

We all do the same. No one today would try to judge ‘sub specie aeternitatis’ (under the aspect of eternity).
If we could, we might have discovered there were just microscopic bits left even from the greatest of ‘empires’. And those bits would be mostly works of art, literature, philosophy, scientific discoveries…
Sub specie aeternitatis, we all live for the sake of those tiny bits to come.
The more the empires are concerned with survival and/or expansion, the less such footprints they leave.
Who will remember us even in a hundred years? Two hundred? Will there be someone to remember us at all?
Ivan_R wrote:Who will remember us even in a hundred years? Two hundred? Will there be someone to remember us at all?

"The capitalists and their slaves destroyed hundreds of cultures and thousands of species in the name of efficiency and supremacy, until there was no one left at all...."
QatzelOk wrote:"The capitalists and their slaves destroyed hundreds of cultures and thousands of species in the name of efficiency and supremacy, until there was no one left at all...."

I found this not fitting the facts as we see it.

Capitalists (e.g. the likes of Elon Musk or Li Ka-shing)
did NOT destroy us (e.g. pro-democracy Hongkongers / pro-democracy Myanmarese / anti-Lukashenko Belorussians)
but power-hungry governments (e.g. that of Russia and China) do.

And the likes of you who advocate anti-capitalist thoughts
but fail to see how bad those alternatives are to common people's lives make me angry.

Going for supremacy is not wrong.
The wrong thing is when the opportunity for supremacy (for a while) is not equal enough.
Patrickov wrote:... the likes of you who advocate anti-capitalist thoughts
but fail to see how bad those alternatives are to common people's lives make me angry.

So, according to you, *the alternatives to capitalism* are *bad for common people's lives?

All those animals (including humans) who went extinct were happy to go extinct for capitalism? All the slaves were happy to be part of capitalism?

The million years of human existence before capitalism was filled with misery?
Patrickov wrote:Capitalists (e.g. the likes of Elon Musk or Li Ka-shing)
did NOT destroy us (e.g. pro-democracy Hongkongers / pro-democracy Myanmarese / anti-Lukashenko Belorussians)
but power-hungry governments (e.g. that of Russia and China) do.

Russia and China are capitalist countries too. And those who call themselves """pro-democracy""" are even more power hungry. So there is not much difference between them, if any at all.
So they should just reach some agreement. And stop all this hype and floods of fakes... We need peace.
Last edited by Ivan_R on 02 Jul 2021 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan_R wrote:China... capitalist

There is an argument to be made that China is an uber-orthodox Marxist-Leninist state (Two-Stage Theory, and all that).

:)
Last edited by ingliz on 02 Jul 2021 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
ingliz wrote:There is an argument to be made that China is an uber orthodox Marxist-Leninist state (Two-Stage Theory, and all that).
:)

The Soviet Russia was an uber-orthodox whatever just like that. Which did not make its economic system anything other than state capitalism (see Trotsky and all that). And it remains the same.
There is still no ideal economic and/or political system and/or ideology suitable for any nation for any time whatsoever. That is obvious since Plato or even earlier....

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]