RIP John McAfee.... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15178061
Is there no justice in this world?!? Now he’ll never have to eat his dick as promised for his prediction that Bitcoin would hit a million dollars by the end of last year.
#15178074
colliric wrote:https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/antivirus-pioneer-john-mcafee-found-dead-in-a-cell/news-story/c0febd3a128cd7406295e7ff69e30765

Yeah.... That's totally not suspicious at all. Now it's "Epstein and McAfee didn't kill themselves".

Rest in Peace. A computing legend is gone.

RIP John McAfee. In many ways, he was a remarkable person, though he could be astoundingly naive (as his experiences in Belize testify). But he's possibly the prime example of a man whose mind was poisoned by the ideology of libertarianism. Even Al Capone had to pay his fucking taxes, people! :roll:
#15178078
RIP to a real one. He was an absolute fucking lunatic, but he was hilarious, and the world is a poorer place without him in it.

Potemkin wrote: Even Al Capone had to pay his fucking taxes, people!

Maybe so, but I love the cynical creativity of his defence: that paying taxes on illegally earned money would require declaring illegal income to the federal government, amounting to self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment. :lol:
#15178080
Heisenberg wrote:RIP to a real one. He was an absolute fucking lunatic, but he was hilarious, and the world is a poorer place without him in it.

Quoted for transcendent eternal truth. :up:

Maybe so, but I love the cynical creativity of his defence: that paying taxes on illegally earned money would require declaring illegal income to the federal government, amounting to self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment. :lol:

Gee, I wonder if that argument worked or not.... :excited:
By B0ycey
#15178081
Potemkin wrote:pay his fucking taxes, people! :roll:


Curse of the extreme wealthy. Enough money to pay taxes and yet will still embezzle not to pay taxes. Risk. Prison. And when faced with extradition, would rather die. :hmm:

I guess you will get conspiracy theorists thinking there is something in this. I would like to know what? Epstein had more to gain alive than dead which was more than his "Friends" could say I guess which makes both cases different. Unless people think the Mob went after the guy AFTER his extraction charge for what would have been a lifetime in US prison, I would say this guy just didn't fancy porridge and tough labor than anything else. So please @colliric, what is the MO on Roswell.com?
#15178083
Potemkin wrote:Gee, I wonder if that argument worked or not....

You know, I think it might just have failed to convince the judge. :lol:

B0ycey wrote:And when faced with extradition, would rather die.

To be honest, this says more about the pointless cruelty of the US prison system than anything else. I assume McAfee was facing some Kafkaesque 400-year sentence - and for what? Paying no income tax (Bezos, Musk and Buffett do this with the full blessing of the feds) and scamming some crypto morons, who frankly shouldn't be allowed money in the first place. His Twitter feed alone should have served as mitigation for both of these "crimes". :excited:
By B0ycey
#15178084
Heisenberg wrote:To be honest, this says more about the pointless cruelty of the US prison system than anything else. I assume McAfee was facing some Kafkaesque 400-year sentence - and for what? Evading taxes (Bezos, Musk and Buffett do this with the full blessing of the feds) and scamming some crypto morons, who frankly shouldn't be allowed money in the first place. :excited:


To be honest Heisenberg, I knew very little about McAfee until this morning. So I can only go by his own testimony yesterday. He was facing 30 years in prison and he was worried about a lifetime in prison. That was his ONLY defence. He embezzled money and was worried about being made an example of. So sure others might have done likewise and I guess they now know the risks should they lose friends in the Whitehouse. So I don't want to seem callous, but that to me says if you are worried about going to jail when you are already fucking rich and have no friends in high places, don't embezzle you pissing money and actually pay your taxes because ultimately what use are your billions in jail?
#15178093
colliric wrote:https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/antivirus-pioneer-john-mcafee-found-dead-in-a-cell/news-story/c0febd3a128cd7406295e7ff69e30765

Yeah.... That's totally not suspicious at all. Now it's "Epstein and McAfee didn't kill themselves".

Rest in Peace. A computing legend is gone.


Why is there a conspiracy theory every time when a clearly guilty person commits suicide not to go to jail just because he is a bit famous.

He had prooven tax evasion charges against him in the US. He also was caught living with a 17 year old or so and had to pay 25 million in compensation so basically he was a low key paedophile also. He clearly stated that he doesn't want to go to US jail after his previous jail experiences.

Is it hard to figure out why a 70+ year old would not want to go to US jail on clearly proven charges for 30+ years definately for not paying taxes and then also probably for being a paedophile?
User avatar
By colliric
#15178102
Potemkin wrote:Gee, I wonder if that argument worked or not.... :excited:


It helped him avoid the death penalty on the "illegal income" investigation since if they traced the money it could theoretically link him to several unsolved murder investigations in which he was the prime suspect.

That's why his defence team went with that argument. So he could only be charged with tax evasion. Also he infact knew he was safer in Jail at that point.

His defence was to basically say he was guilty of tax evasion so they couldn't do further investigations into the crimes related to how he obtained the "illegal income" which could have resulted in possible murder charges.
User avatar
By Crantag
#15178166
JohnRawls wrote:Why is there a conspiracy theory every time when a clearly guilty person commits suicide not to go to jail just because he is a bit famous.

He had prooven tax evasion charges against him in the US. He also was caught living with a 17 year old or so and had to pay 25 million in compensation so basically he was a low key paedophile also. He clearly stated that he doesn't want to go to US jail after his previous jail experiences.

Is it hard to figure out why a 70+ year old would not want to go to US jail on clearly proven charges for 30+ years definately for not paying taxes and then also probably for being a paedophile?

America is the only country in the world that has a global citizen's tax on all income earned anywhere in the world. The last country to have such a law was Nazi Germany. The US is a fascist shithole.
By B0ycey
#15178168
colliric wrote:That's why his defence team went with that argument. So he could only be charged with tax evasion. Also he infact knew he was safer in Jail at that point.


Funny. He was begging to be realised because he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail and you say he was safer in jail. Seems to me if you believe that he was most definitely on a suicide mission. :lol:

Nonetheless you imply he was murderer and then write RIP in the title? Seems to me this guy deserves a meh.
#15178172
@Crantag

Crantag wrote:America is the only country in the world that has a global citizen's tax on all income earned anywhere in the world. The last country to have such a law was Nazi Germany. The US is a fascist shithole.



I don't see that as "fascist." It's perfectly reasonable that if you hold U.S. citizenship and enjoy the benefits of that citizenship, you should pay taxes no matter where you are located in the world. If one doesn't like it, they should renounce their citizenship, pay their exit taxes and apply for citizenship elsewhere where they think the grass is greener on the other side.
User avatar
By Crantag
#15178180
Politics_Observer wrote:@Crantag




I don't see that as "fascist." It's perfectly reasonable that if you hold U.S. citizenship and enjoy the benefits of that citizenship, you should pay taxes no matter where you are located in the world. If one doesn't like it, they should renounce their citizenship, pay their exit taxes and apply for citizenship elsewhere where they think the grass is greener on the other side.

Again, the US is the only country in the world that has a global citizen tax, and the first to have one since Nazi Germany.

You can be born in the US, so attain citizenship, and only live in the US for the first 3 months of your life. Say you spend the rest of your life in Canada or South Africa or Argentina or any other country.

According to the US, you are still required to report your income, and pay taxes on it in the US. You are also required to report to the US government any bank account holdings over $10,000.

And, record numbers of Americans are renouncing their citizenship. It isn't as though it is as simple as you make it out though.

Also, the US is a fascist country, and also a terrible place to live. America is a wretched country, both in its international conduct and in how people are made to suffer domestically, here in this shithole country.
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15178192
B0ycey wrote:Funny. He was begging to be realised because he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail and you say he was safer in jail. Seems to me if you believe that he was most definitely on a suicide mission. :lol:

Nonetheless you imply he was murderer and then write RIP in the title? Seems to me this guy deserves a meh.

I believe @colliric was talking about Al Capone, not John McAfee. :)
#15178195
B0ycey wrote:Was Al Capones life ever in danger?

I'd imagine he probably pissed off quite a few nasty bastards in his time, to be fair.

This is "fixed" -- ? No, not really. […]

https://i.imgur.com/pGhyJzy.png […]

@Rancid For example, a lot of southern white[…]

@ThirdTerm Credible deterrence is based on thr[…]