Afghan President flees country-Islamic Republic surrenders. Taliban takes country. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Speech by Taliban leader Mullah Baradar (translation):
For the last 40 years, we have struggled to establish peace in Afghanistan. We have defeated the forces of the atheistic Communists and the Zionist west and we have liberated our country.

We invite all Afghans to participate in our Islamic Emirate and we promise we will work for the betterment of our people. Our priorities are to bring peace to all regions of Afghanistan and to ensure the fairness of law. We will punish those who have done evil and we will pardon those who fought against us, but have now submitted themselves. Allah is the most merciful and we can only thank Allah for our victory. Islam will be upheld in Afghanistan.

We have but a few things to say to the world. If you want peace with us, end your hatred for our government of Afghanistan and recognize our rule. We are the rulers of this land graced by Allah, and no matter how hard you have tried, you have never defeated us.

To the people of this world, especially the Palestinians, we hope that our victory over the superpowers of mankind will inspire you, as our faith in Allah has been confirmed for all to see. How can you deny Allah and his will when he has delivered such a great victory to the believers? We dream of a world in which there is peace between all and we ask all world governments to recognize our government. Our message to the American people and people of the western powers who fought us, who we know are hurt by this defeat, is simple: we do not have any hatred for you. Your government, ran by Zionists and atheists, who want to spread their anti-Islamic views here, were our enemies, not you. We will pray for the day when you liberate yourselves from their grip and there can be peace upon this planet. One day, in the future, we hope the whole world will see the truth of Islam. Allah is the most merciful.

Yes, @Igor Antunov. All the West did was stage a 20 year delaying action. Afghanistan was always going to do its own thing, regardless of how much a foreign occupier wanted otherwise.

The Russians learned this...
They could have just paid the Taliban a couple billion a year to allow them military access to hunt al qaeda/salafists, curb opium production or to exploit its mineral riches - consequently what China is about to do.

It is best to treat this region as one would Arrakis and these tribes as the Fremen. The goodies (spice) can still flow. The spacers are going to be China. House Atreides are the Taliban. The Harkonnens (west) can just fuck off.

Trump's statement:

https://news.sky.com/story/afghanistan- ... l-12382783

President Harris is coming I suspect. I would support Pelosi will move to declare him mentally unfit soon.

Some will say it was the "plan from the beginning", but I'll be more charitable and say they did hope for at least one term.
Igor Antunov wrote:The key phrase going around regarding this outcome is 'this may have been Trump's policy, but it has been Biden's implementation.' And for that Biden has to take full responsibility.

A President Harris would just accelerate America's decent into grimdark comedy. She is very much disliked across the board.

Nonetheless it would be a slight improvement over the current leadership. The best we can hope for is a temporary 3-year President, then the usual 2024 reset.
No matter who would have been President, the fact was that USA was leaving Afghanistan, regardless. No one ragged on Trump for bringing the troops home, but now you are doing that now that it has actually happened.

If Trump was in power, you wouldn't be making this stink, @colliric. You're just a Trump-cultist. :moron:

There was no perfect plan that would leave Afghanistan a Democracy in absence of military support. There just wasn't. This result was inevitable.

Afghanistan had no Marshall Plan, and USA was never going to invest that much into Afghanistan, except in military assets.

You're fine with the complete lack of leadership during Trump's term because you are so infatuated with Trump, that you'd let Trump piss on you, @colliric
:lol: Are you still hoping Trump gets "reinstated"? :moron: :knife: :knife:

Biden's done nothing wrong, and USA leaving Afghanistan is not an absence of leadership. Biden's done more leading in his first 20 days, than Trump did in 4 years. You're incapable of critical thinking.

What would be wrong with President Harris? Are you a misogynist as well as a moron?
Godstud wrote::lol: Are you still hoping Trump gets "reinstated"? :moron: :knife: :knife:

Biden's done nothing wrong, and USA leaving Afghanistan is not an absence of leadership. Biden's done more leading in his first 20 days, than Trump did in 4 years. You're incapable of critical thinking.

What would be wrong with President Harris? Are you a misogynist as well as a moron?

You said you don't support the Democrats, but then do nothing but 100% defend the Democrats with passion. Even when you know they've fucked up bad. I think Trump has probably now decided to run in 2024, and I'll make my decision if I'll support him again when the "I'm running" announcements begin late next year.

I'm just being realistic, Kamala's chances of becoming President by year's end just went up hard. Pelosi no doubt is going to be under pressure.

You know the discussion now has to take place.

They've changed the Wikipedia page, it now says "Taliban Victory". The Democratic Party cultists are trying to force it to say "Al Qaeda Defeated" at the top, but we all know that's getting deleted as soon as they stop attacking the article.
By the way, Iran is about to be formally accepted into SCO, and now the Taliban are getting Chummy with China. This keeps popping into my head - save to folder for posterity, I think it is a viable prediction as it would greatly benefit China, Afghanistan (transit fees) and Iran and goes hand in hand alongside the belt and road (which is being rapidly applied in Pakistan next door) and alongside possible future exploitation of Afghanistan's Lithium reserves:

Future Iran-China oil pipeline.

The Taliban are sitting on trillions of dollars equivalent. Imagine being a Taliban commander right now.
@colliric Go ahead and quote me where ever I criticized Trump for pulling troops out of Afghanistan. I'll wait. :)

I don't support Democrats, but Biden's been a better leader in the last few months, than Trump in 4 years. That's simply FACT. Biden was simply the only guy opposing Trump, so he was the only guy to cheer on, when he defeated Trump in a landslide victory, that hardcore Trump fanatics can't accept. It makes me happy to know that people like you are unhappy.

I doubt leaving Afghanistan will reflect badly on Biden. It was inevitable that when USA left that The Taliban would fill the gap. It just happened in record time, is all.

The gunshots are coming from the US Army..

One last "fuck you" before they escape.

Hiding.... They're not even "Gone Golfing" as is traditional during a whoopsie moment. Straight up hiding at Camp David.

Now remind me what Democrats were saying about Trump bunkering down in the Whitehouse. At least he was AT the Whitehouse. You know, the place where he's supposed to be during a crisis.

Meanwhile Scott Morrison and Boris Johnson are actually busy doing their jobs, out in public battling to survive the drubbing.
Politics_Observer wrote:@AFAIK

3,000 Americans were killed in a terrorist attack on 9/11 and the Taliban was providing safe haven to those terrorists responsible. Somebody had to go and perform the duty of national defense. I am an American so it was my duty and my fight. Its my country. Thats just the nature of things.

I'm sorry, and I am speaking as a friend.

I'm sorry, because I'm sorry. Sorry for the sorrows.
annatar1914 wrote:@Drlee ;

I think that the two will actually merge. People grow to love the ''strong horse'', and the ''strong horse'' is the one that always comes back with impunity, never fully beaten. American right wingers, known for their Zionism, will become Islamic militants. It's like when folks in the ''Black Hundreds'' in Tsarist Russia became Bolsheviks after the 1917 October Revolution, for the very same reasons.

Indeed. And Lenin had to repeatedly purge the Party to try to get rid of these people, these criminal and chauvinist elements who were trying to climb onto the winning horse. This is how Stalin's Purges ultimately began - from Lenin's purges of the early 1920s, in his efforts to cleanse the Party of parasitic and criminal elements. Something similar is likely to happen once it starts becoming clear that Islam is going to win the 'Clash of Civilisations' - the kind of people who became 'Christian Zionists' are, after all, nothing if not adaptable (their grandparents were usually anti-semites) - and this will be just one more adaptation for them to make in order to remain what Americans revere above all other things - a winner. And let's face it - if Americans will believe in Mormonism, then they'll believe in fucking anything. :roll:

And militant Islam will win in the end. In a war between Ferengi and Klingons, the Klingons will win every time. Once winning the war becomes more expensive than losing it, the Ferengi will throw in the towel. Lol.
Rugoz wrote:You know as well as I do that in reality the Ferengi will always win. ;)

It ain't over until your enemies agree that it's over. Good luck getting militant Islamists to agree to be defeated. We've just seen how that ended.... :)
Rugoz wrote:I thought you are a Marxist :?:

What does that have to do with it? Any war can only end once the winning side has convinced the defeated side to give up. This will not and indeed cannot happen with militant Islamism, since it is ( by definition) comprised of religious fanatics who would rather die than betray their faith. It's Ferengi versus Klingons....

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable justi[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Well that doesn't acquire power. But good luck wi[…]

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]