Cultural Revolution 2.0 - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By late
Rugoz wrote:
All you did was cut out the middle of that sentence to set up a straw man.

This country has a horrific problem with rent seeking, worse than the Robber Baron Era.

That you had no come back worth typing is quite illustrative.
By Rugoz
late wrote:This country has a horrific problem with rent seeking, worse than the Robber Baron Era.

That you had no come back worth typing is quite illustrative.

Wtf are you even talking about?

I was making a general statement about corporations in a thread about China.

What I get as a response is whining about corporate America.

A general pattern.

You Americans really do think the world revolves around you, do you?
By Rancid
Rugoz wrote:You Americans really do think the world revolves around you, do you?

"You Americans"

RACIST!
Rancid wrote:"You Americans"

RACIST!

Currently the world does revolve around Amerika because America was the first one to invent the modern government management system, more properly to say that Amerikans were able to perfect it to the modern version first. Not only that but the system was compatible with all European models and over time all of Europe adopted the Amerikan system with some differences.

After that a lot of places outside of Europe started doing and most of it was good and made those countries prosperous.

So the current world does revolve around Amerika and this is not basically a question of military strength or economic might even. Although both of those help without any doubt.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:After that a lot of places outside of Europe started doing and most of it was good and made those countries prosperous.

This is true in some cases, not true in others I'm sure. I would say it's certainly true of the DR. Their government was designed to be like the American model after their civil war. It is arguably the most prosperous nation in Latin America over the last 30 years. Part of it is due to the system put in place.

JohnRawls wrote:So the current world does revolve around Amerika and this is not basically a question of military strength or economic might even. Although both of those help without any doubt.

I don't want it to revolve around the US. That said, that can be discussed in another thread.
Rancid wrote:"but this time it's different"

Obama went from net worth $2 million to $600 million in just 8 years of presidency. Funny how that works.

Joining the CCP to similarly and blatantly enrich yourself will net you a bullet in the head.
By Rancid
Igor Antunov wrote:Obama went from net worth $2 million to $600 million in just 8 years of presidency. Funny how that works.

Joining the CCP to similarly and blatantly enrich yourself will net you a bullet in the head.

My comments go beyond the US or China. What I said stands and applies to US, China, East, West, North, South.

Whatever you are saying is just random shit.
Rancid wrote:My comments go beyond the US or China. What I said stands and applies to US, China, East, West, North, South.

Whatever you are saying is just random shit.

This is simply fake news. Let me tell you I say the best things.
Igor Antunov wrote:Image

This is simply fake news. Let me tell you I say the best things.

You do say a lot of random shit and just post pictures. You rarely add any substance and this is specifically problematic for topic on China. When you have nothing to say or argue the point then you just say that "China special" and then post a picture, that is not much of an argument.
By late
Rugoz wrote:
Wtf are you even talking about?

I was making a general statement about corporations in a thread about China.

What I get as a response is whining about corporate America.

A general pattern.

You Americans really do think the world revolves around you, do you?

Are you actually trying to say rent seeking isn't a problem in a lot of countries, including China??

"The existence of numerous rent-seeking opportunities in the current Chinese system allows officials to engage in corrupt practices without any oversight. In recent years, the current institutional arrangements, enlarged administrative powers, increase in matters subject to administrative licenses, and administrative interventions have all given rise to a worsening of corruption. The buying and selling of government positions has become ever-more fashionable. Furthermore, during the ownership restructuring, some people holding power have become rich overnight by stripping public assets. The rampant corruption has also exacerbated social polarization between the rich and poor and has jeopardized China’s economic development and social stability."
https://oxford.universitypressscholarship.com/view/10.1093/acprof:oso/9780190223151.001.0001/acprof-9780190223151-chapter-19
Igor Antunov wrote:Obama went from net worth $2 million to $600 million in just 8 years of presidency. Funny how that works.

Evidence please.

Igor Antunov wrote:Joining the CCP to similarly and blatantly enrich yourself will net you a bullet in the head.

The purpose of people joining the CCP is to blatantly enrich themselves by exploiting and oppressing others. Those who don't do the latter are, understandably, be given a bullet in the head.

That said, CCP members, as well as their sympathizers, collaborators and apologists all deserve a bullet or Zyklon B in their heads.
late wrote:Are you actually trying to say rent seeking isn't a problem in a lot of countries, including China??

"The existence of numerous rent-seeking opportunities in the current Chinese system allows officials to engage in corrupt practices without any oversight. In recent years, the current institutional arrangements, enlarged administrative powers, increase in matters subject to administrative licenses, and administrative interventions have all given rise to a worsening of corruption. The buying and selling of government positions has become ever-more fashionable. Furthermore, during the ownership restructuring, some people holding power have become rich overnight by stripping public assets. The rampant corruption has also exacerbated social polarization between the rich and poor and has jeopardized China’s economic development and social stability."
https://oxford.universitypressscholarship.com/view/10.1093/acprof:oso/9780190223151.001.0001/acprof-9780190223151-chapter-19

Source: some falun gong muppets in Britain.

Lazy propaganda needs to be purged with nuclear fire.
JohnRawls wrote:Currently the world does revolve around Amerika

Currently the world stops revolving around America while America is turning inside and revolves around itself faster and faster.
Beren wrote:Currently the world stops revolving around America while America is turning inside and revolves around itself faster and faster.

May be is the answer here. Current Trump and even Bush Jr behaviors damaged this America centric attitude of the world. While being damaged it is still strong though.

Meanwhile Evegrande has been collapsing for 1-2 months now in China, any though on that? It is problematic but not the real crysis yet I think. Just a symptom of what is to come.
Igor Antunov wrote:
Lazy propaganda needs to be purged with nuclear fire.

Project much?

You really shouldn't commit suicide that way, you'd kill way too many innocents...
late wrote:You really shouldn't commit suicide that way, you'd kill way too many innocents...

Whether those who die are being innocent is debatable.

Yesterday I saw someone posting on IG, showing a contractor working for the local Housing Department performing masonry work on a wall, presumably to remove a pro-democracy message. The poster comments the worker being "an accomplice of tyranny", indicating that his work is part of the operations under the National Security Law.

I hinted, "regardless of leaders and accomplices", implying that the person is being indiscriminate in his tagging. He replied, "I do not intend to discriminate wrongdoers during a struggle". I don't know what he intends to do, but if he does see that worker as guilty as Carrie Lam or Xi Jinping, then "all of them have to die" is probably his intended message.

(The photo is here)

Making some quick calculation, I conclude that he probably intends to kill the whole* of China, the whole of Russia, a significant portion of the Muslim world, Africa and Latin America, and of course all those leftards and anti-West propagandists (ironically) residing in the west (Igor Antunov being the most obvious example, but I suspect some other PoFo'ers might also qualify). That possibly means 50% of the world population or even more.

EDIT: "whole" does not necessarily mean 100% here, but nationalistic states will not fare well under this standard as most of them are probably too contaminated with national pride.
By late
Patrickov wrote:
Whether those who die are being innocent is debatable.

Yesterday I saw someone posting on IG, showing a contractor working for the local Housing Department performing masonry work on a wall, presumably to remove a pro-democracy message. The poster comments the worker being "an accomplice of tyranny", indicating that his work is part of the operations under the National Security Law.

I hinted, "regardless of leaders and accomplices", implying that the person is being indiscriminate in his tagging. He replied, "I do not intend to discriminate wrongdoers during a struggle". I don't know what he intends to do, but if he does see that worker as guilty as Carrie Lam or Xi Jinping, then "all of them have to die" is probably his intended message.

(The photo is here)

Making some quick calculation, I conclude that he probably intends to kill the whole* of China, the whole of Russia, a significant portion of the Muslim world, Africa and Latin America, and of course all those leftards and anti-West propagandists (ironically) residing in the west (Igor Antunov being the most obvious example, but I suspect some other PoFo'ers might also qualify). That possibly means 50% of the world population or even more.

EDIT: "whole" does not necessarily mean 100% here, but nationalistic states will not fare well under this standard as most of them are probably too contaminated with national pride.

One of the recurring themes of The Expanse (the books, not the show) is that there are two types of people. Those that want violence and death, and those that don't.

War has always been an insanity that humans are heir to, but in a nuclear age, it's a spectacularly stupid risk.
late wrote:War has always been an insanity that humans are heir to, but in a nuclear age, it's a spectacularly stupid risk.

War is inevitable when at least one country is ultra-nationalist, totalitarian and powerful enough. The first criteria provides the mindset, the second creates desperate situations, and the third provides the fuel.

And we have more than one such country currently. (China and Russia, that is to say. And no, the United States, being one of the least racially homogeneous countries, is incapable to fulfill the ultra-nationalist criteria)
Patrickov wrote:War is inevitable when at least one country is ultra-nationalist, totalitarian and powerful enough. The first criteria provides the mindset, the second creates desperate situations, and the third provides the fuel.

And we have more than one such country currently. (China and Russia, that is to say. And no, the United States, being one of the least racially homogeneous countries, is incapable to fulfill the ultra-nationalist criteria)

@Patrickov ;

Russia isn't ''totalitarian'' :roll:
By Rugoz
JohnRawls wrote:Currently the world does revolve around Amerika because America was the first one to invent the modern government management system, more properly to say that Amerikans were able to perfect it to the modern version first. Not only that but the system was compatible with all European models and over time all of Europe adopted the Amerikan system with some differences.

Europe was ahead of the US when it comes to modern government, if you mean by that an extensive effective bureaucracy. The US copied that from European powers in the late 19th century.

The democracy part was obviously heavily influenced by the UK.

You Zionists just can't stop lying can you. It wa[…]

so, Belarus , Mongolia , Finland, Japan , Ukraine,[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]