Newsom wins by a landslide - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By late
The results were almost identical to the Biden win a couple years ago, not far from a 2 to 1 obliteration.

Republicans were hoping for a typical off year election where they crank up their crazies, and most sane people stayed home.

Didn't turn out that way, turns out people like sanity...
I am glad that the Republicans lost and the world can see that millions of California taxpayer money was spent on the recall election. And for what? A group just wanted to replace Newsom with a more conservative face? Blehhh. What a waste of money and effort! Those rednecks can go hibernate.
I don't think this tell us much though. He basically won by roughly the same margin he won the first time around.
Rancid wrote:I don't think this tell us much though. He basically won by roughly the same margin he won the first time around.

Considering we've gone through a hugely divisive pandemic since he was elected, I think it tells us a lot.
Well, it is not news that California is a very blue-leaning state. It has however a very fucked up recall rules... Imagine if Democrats wanted a different governor and said yes to recall, but then half of them voted for candidate A and a half for Candidate B, now all of the sudden the republican candidate actually has a shot even though normally it wouldn't...
XogGyux wrote:Well, it is not news that California is a very blue-leaning state. It has however a very fucked up recall rules... Imagine if Democrats wanted a different governor and said yes to recall, but then half of them voted for candidate A and a half for Candidate B, now all of the sudden the republican candidate actually has a shot even though normally it wouldn't...

They definitely need to reform the recall. 276 million dollars just to reaffirm 2018. A candidate with a hypothetical minority vote shouldn't be able to beat an incumbent who got more votes to remain in office than the minority candidate got to take the office.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]