Petrol Stations closed in the UK-Military to be drafted to deliver fuel - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

B0ycey wrote:there are personalities in parliament now that represent other things that would fix the UK but they aren't in power.

They aren't in power because their time hasn't come yet. It maybe never will, it's not really up to them. Even BoJo had to be waiting for his time, although he's such an opportunist that he could fit almost any time. :lol:
B0ycey wrote:But there are personalities in parliament now that represent other things that would fix the UK but they aren't in power.

While I have mentioned some kind of "unfairness" in TLTE, I have to say if most of the country don't agree with this then maybe "fixing" the issues is probably not on top of the list for most people there.

Also, have you voted them if/ when they were in your constituency?
Patrickov wrote:Also, have you voted them if/ when they were in your constituency?

Of course given the people I am thinking of are in the Labour Party/Lib Dem Party. The problem is they are MPs rather than Party policies and as such you can only vote for them technically if they are indeed in your constituency. But to be honest, as I said before, to me the problem with the UK right now is they have lost their respect internationally. When Johnson leaves, that should turn the tide as long as his replacement is not Raab but Sunak. Whether you like the Tories or not, the Party isn't completely full of dead wood. However the current cabinet are (except the chancellor). If May and Johnson swapped premierships I expect she could have made a difference right now. She may have made some catastrophic mistakes as PM and she clearly was the wrong person to sort out the Westminster stalemate, but what she did have was respect from Europe and she could orate and govern professionally which Johnson cannot.
ingliz wrote:Why vote for a Red or Yellow Tory when you can have the real McCoy?

Sure. But that is not what I had written. If fact, I have said the right people aren't in charge of these parties. Although both Davey and Starmer have strong relationships in Europe and no doubt would be better than Johnson in any case.

Today it isn't the party but the personality that is the problem.
B0ycey wrote:They probably would PI. Although it is the cost of training that would put people who are not working off I would say. There isn't a scheme to get the unemployed into the HGV trade and training costs a couple of thousand pound which is a lot of money upfront. This also isn't a unique problem to truck driving. There are plenty of jobs that need employment but people aren't trained up in it and most of which are intermediate skilled. Which then comes back to the government. If we have these jobs in demand and unemployment is at 5%, why don't we get these people who want to be trained up... Well trained up. :?:

I am sure the government have the resources to do this. If they really wanted to raise 5,000 British drivers in the space of a few months I'm sure they could. They're just doing the usual, "It's too difficult, that's not the way we do it in this country." Or "We must leave it to market forces."

noemon wrote:You might be able to grab a couple of thousand of people in the long term but not enough and certainly not fast enough to ameliorate the current crisis.

If there are 1.55 million unemployed surely that is plenty to recruit from?
Political Interest wrote:I am sure the government have the resources to do this. If they really wanted to raise 5,000 British drivers in the space of a few months I'm sure they could. They're just doing the usual, "It's too difficult, that's not the way we do it in this country." Or "We must leave it to market forces."

Perhaps the issue isn't people or potential people but actually doing the tests. I don't doubt the government have the desire to get more British drivers to fill these vacancies up, but the vaccancies shortages are todays problem not tomorrows. And in the meantime you need to get people to be able to driver HGVs, hired, trained up, skilled and experienced. This isn't going to be done in a few months whether the government go into warp training or not. Besides, there are no queues at the petrol stations near me and actually without the demand, we wouldn't have needed the queues given we never ran out of petrol. The problem will be Christmas and once that is over you can then concentrate on hiring and training local. But for now, we should just consider immigration.
B0ycey wrote:Perhaps the issue isn't people or potential people but actually doing the tests. I don't doubt the government have the desire to get more British drivers to fill these vacancies up, but the vaccancies shortages are todays problem not tomorrows. And in the meantime you need to get people to be able to driver HGVs, hired, trained up, skilled and experienced. This isn't going to be done in a few months whether the government go into warp training or not. Besides, there are no queues at the petrol stations near me and actually without the demand, we wouldn't have needed the queues given we never ran out of petrol. The problem will be Christmas and once that is over you can then concentrate on hiring and training local. But for now, we should just consider immigration.

Or we could just cancel Christmas this year. That would solve a lot of problems at a stroke. We could all dress up as Puritans for four months too, just to make it a bit more fun. Lol.
ingliz wrote:On one hand, he says diesel is a “European Union plot.”

In some way this whole mess must be an EU or rather Continental plot. It also sucks being a truck driver, for example, because of Eastern Europeans, not because it's a shitty low-skill job not producing much value added in a developed economy, hence Eastern Europeans did it in the UK. Now there's a shortage of them and their salaries just can't get raised enough it seems. Does someone really have to be a genius or an economist for understanding that? Is the common British person, the best of the West or even the world, really unable to get that? The next step, by the way, should be self-driving trucks, not British drivers replacing Eastern Europeans.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]